Awoo.

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] "Sonic the Parody" with neon lights everywhere!

Jeffhog

Guess if I want to be a part of this, I should give some samples. First, an example of abject insanity and the lengths to which I am willing to extend my voice for comedic value.

Skip to 1:07:30 to see the shit hit the fan, and then skip to 1:12:00 when there is a prolonged silence. Uhh... yup. Moving on, here's a terrible video I adlibbed back in 2009 when I apparently had the worlds worst mic.

If a formal audition process takes place, I'll be a part of it. I literally have nothing else to do with my spare time right now, other than writing fanfictions not quite as terrible as the one this project is based on.

Alrighty! :D Any particular role that you have an eye on?

Artists.

We're recruiting plenty.

We're recruiting plenty.

Cool, I'll get to work on something in paint, what quality do you want the drawings?

Cool, I'll get to work on something in paint, what quality do you want the drawings?

We're going around from pro to awful to match the satire in the story. xD

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love to contribute vocal-wise. My mic quality is decent and I can throw my voice around a good bit.

Also this thing is hilarious.

Well, since things are looking kinda slow, we might as well start on auditions.

First things first, just gotta clear a few tests at school this week, then I'm off the next.

I'm testing how many different styles I can draw Sonic with.

I'll probably share them here when I have a reasonable collection, and maybe pick the ones you all like the best, and I'll draw my contributions in that style, or multible styles if prefered.

So far, I have Stick Sonic, Origins Sonic & Steamboat Sonic. Not that those name will mean anything to you guys. ^^;

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm testing how many different styles I can draw Sonic with.

I'll probably share them here when I have a reasonable collection, and maybe pick the ones you all like the best, and I'll draw my contributions in that style, or multible styles if prefered.

So far, I have Stick Sonic, Origins Sonic & Steamboat Sonic. Not that those name will mean anything to you guys. ^^;

Would Steamboat Sonic be a parody of Mickey Mouse from Steamboat Willie? o.o?

Wow, you got it in one! ^-^

I figure something called "Sonic The Parody", could also have visual parodies.

I was thinking of just showing the pictures as sketches, but some also would have different styled lineart and colouring, they might look better being shown in colour. I can't decide.

PowerPuff Sonic has been sketched too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, you got it in one! ^-^

Well, I doubt "Steamboat" would be referred to other art styles than Disney. xD

I figure something called "Sonic The Parody", could also have visual parodies.

I was thinking of just showing the pictures as sketches, but some also would have different styled lineart and colouring, they might look better being shown in colour. I can't decide.

PowerPuff Sonic has been sketched too.

681.jpg

That is all. I can't wait to see all of this!

• Thumbs Up 2

Since I'm going to be busy with a contest entry in this next two weeks, I figure I'd share the parody sketches I've done so far...

Don't expect something amazing. They are only rough sketches...Steamboat Sonic is the only one I'm not completely satisfied with, so I won't be showing that yet, I plan to improve it later, so don't worry.

Stick Sonic:

stick.png

This look is something that appeared in the Japanese instruction manuals of the original 3 Megadrive/Genesis games. And also appeared briefly in the OVA.

PowerPuff Sonic:

ppgk.png

I once did a Naruto fan art of Team 7 (Naruto, Sakura & Sasuke) in the style of the PowerPuff Girls, so doing a Sonic version was pretty simple.

Origins Sonic:

originsm.png

Based of the art style of Rayman Origins, the style is so wacky, that I felt I needed more than one drawing to show it off...

The final one was very last minute, and considering I still haven't seen an episode of it yet, I'm kinda surprised I even did it. But I do enjoy how the characters are designed.

The biggest influence for doing this was most likely the SSMB itself. There's something else here that has a strong following, but has nothing to do with a Sega mascot...

My Little Sonic:

ponyr.png

At first I didn't think the two designs would fuse together well. I was worried he'd look nothing like Sonic. But I think I managed to pull it off, but thats just my opinion...

Edited by Dan-imeJ86
  • Thumbs Up 4

So, I had some free time and threw a few auditions together. Probably should have waited for some guidelines, but hey.

Narrator, Shadow, Amy, and Thugs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_7FjxIITs

Narrator, and Drunken Sonic here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerwNMPYRWk&feature=channel

I'm afraid my Shadow may have gotten a little too..."Snake"ish at a point. I could maybe audition for a few more characters, but I wanna see what other people do first.

• Thumbs Up 5

I completely lost it at "wet, sexy hedgehog". XD That voice was PERFECT.

And even if I had guidelines up already, those voices are all great. xD

And for Pete's sake, Danime, that's all pretty freaking amazing! :D Purposely differing art styles with these as examples, the parody art style idea would work perfectly!

• Thumbs Up 3

I completely lost it at "wet, sexy hedgehog". XD That voice was PERFECT.

And even if I had guidelines up already, those voices are all great. xD

I'll give this ago this week. I'd love to have any role in this. The important thing of this I reckon is for the voice actors to sound SUPER-SERIOUS as if they are making an epic and brilliant fan-movie - the focus on pure quality will make the thing hilarious.

Will post my audition pieces this week.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I've done an early Audition piece for the Narrator. Bear in mind it was after almost 24hours of no sleep, no drink causing dry-throat and doing every other voice so the story could trundle along. It's 23 minutes long and covers a few of the first scenes. I will do more tomorrow with the characters separately. You'll get an idea from listening to this audition but the problem is doing all the voices for 23 minutes non-stop without a drink after lack of sleep = death for vocal power. Made a few mistakes, of which I blame myself and my condition for tonight. The sound quality is a little low too, but expect that to be rectified when I utilise my Zoom Studio-quality Microphone.

Hope you guys enjoy the audition at least. I tried to make the narrator have an aggressive and defensive personality to make it more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dTiPWMoDvQ

Enjoy! :D

That was really well done, Roareye! XD Great job!

Can't wait to hear what you're like with a good chunk of sleep behind ya. xD

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Okay, back with a full night's sleep, a professional standard microphone and some drink to keep my throat from dying out.

I've done this second video very differently. Instead of doing an entire sequence with all the voices, I only do one voice at a time, and do as many of their lines running along from each other as possible. The auditions are in this order, and some include multiple voice types;

1. Blonde 'Steak' Punk

2. Dumb Punk

3. Dr Eggman/Robotnik (Assumed that was who the voice is at the end)

4. Shadow the Hedgehog

5. Sonic the Hedgehog

6. Knuckles the Echidna

7. Narrator 1 - American-style deep voice, similar (But better) than the imitation I tried last night

8. Narrator 2 - Camp-ish children's fairy tale voice, with a pinch of smugness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUC_RZBYuyg

I hope this is much more acceptable smile.png

Mykonos - I really like your Sonic impersonation as well as your punks. You give Sonic the effeminate edge that fangirls who write this crap would want. :P

• Thumbs Up 2