Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

Reverse Robotnik? More like Walbotnik if I dare say so with a dash of Superjail Warden.

Also Kintobor in prototype Eggman pyjamas owns this whole comic. Seriously you should make a whole arc on him and his confused half-awake adventures.

• 4 months later...

After some hallowe'en gremlins, we're ready to bring you Sonic the Comic #256!

cover_index.gif

Don't miss the competition wink.png

Edited by The Stiv™

Man, I have to admit, I think the art in this issue was consistently fantastic for longer than most issues.

The issue definitely felt more breather-ish than others too, but it was a nice change of pace. That said, I wasn't too clear on the whole thing going on in Master Of All I Survey until the second-to-last page, but that might be because I'm severely deprived of sleep right now. Best story for me was Spooks and Mirrors.

I also kind of like the fact the Chaotix are on the cover despite not being in any stories whatsoever. It's like "Chaotix don't appear in this issue? Screw that, let's throw them in somewhere else then!".

Edit: By the way, what WAS that one green guy at the League of Super-Evil Villains in The Hunted? I personally thought he was a Hookworm, but I could very easily be wrong.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Huh, I've been through the StC-O back issues and don't remember that at all. Guess I wasn't paying attention. .__.

Bob the Plax was in STCO 230. The Plax as a species were in STC 159, 171 and 173. They're not a highly featured species (especially Bob!) but they were there :P

Glad you liked the art, we're making a push ot get some new artists on the team and there's much more new blood coming up.

The reason I don't read StCO is because does not come out often enough, and by the time a new issue is out, I've completely forgotten what I read in the previous issue!

I know it is because this kind of thing takes time, and your artists don't get paid, but if the comic were drawn in simple black and white, would it be more likely to see an issue every other month?

I guess what I'm asking is, what takes the most time in the comic creating process.

I've always loved Fleetway's Evil Super Sonic, is he still evil in current stories? I've only read around 20 scattered issues here and there.

Edit: I just checked the back issues... and they do come out pretty much every other month, 6 issues a year. I was basing off what I said above from the first few issues, as I have not checked in quite a few years. Well don't I feel stupid.

Edited by Riku3008

• 4 months later...
With the introduction of Cream the Rabbit,

I totally see what you did there.

I'll read it now!

Edit: So Cream seems to be about 12-13 in StC-O since she talks a lot more like a tween. Okay, cool.

Edit 2: CREAMxFILCH?! Okay, it's official; that is crack if I every saw it.

So now she's a pirate. I guess she's covering for Marine, too?

Edit 3: The continuing adventures of Robotnikat for the Easter/April Fools cross. Woo!

Edit 4: Next issue will feature Jet, possibly the rest of the Rogues too. Not my cup of tea personally, but they're not used often so it's nice to see them get some time again.

Edited by VEDJ-F

• 7 months later...

Have to admit, I couldn't follow the narrative of the Big story that well. I'm guessing the family sent a bomb in the pizza before the Seaside Hill shenanigans cropped up and it was supposed to blow up that person who ordered it, but instead blew up when the mafia guys threw it away...?

The Knuckles story also seemed to drag a little, but I can understand that it's supposed to be a set-up for the Gizoid action next issue.

The Big story is quite simple : Trouble in Seaside Hill zone. The Family order a "special package" to Big's boss. That pack was supposed to be picked by Harvestman (the red spider of page 2 & 5) but Big (who was ordered to deliver a pizza) took it instead of the pizza. In the end, the bomb arrived at the right place.

I've read a few issues... I don't know why, but the way Blaze is drawn seems rather off. Maybe it's the teeth. It's like how Blaze is meant to be a perpetual frowner, and Yardley went and exaggerated it to where almost every panel she's in in the Archie comics has her looking outright pissed off. And he gave her a rack.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I hate this comic. They should kill Porker and have Rouge turn good.

D; Porker's a great character - he's been through a lot and is still in one piece, helping the good guys out. Also he's one of very few people who Knuckles trusts and talks to!

Anyways, happy to see an STCO topic. Happy happy happy! :B If you're not familiar with STC I guess you won't like it as the whole STC/O universe is very different from all other Sonic media. For a start Sonic has a very abrasive personality, which I like - but I can imagine it rubs a lot of people the wrong way if they are used to bubbly, superfriendly Sonic.

But if you're familiar with STC, or even an STC fan from days of old, I think you'll find this last issue is bloody great. smile.png I won't deny STCO has had it's ups and downs, and this one is very much an up... it's in freakin' orbit!

I've read a few issues... I don't know why, but the way Blaze is drawn seems rather off.

What's wrong with a bit of artistic interpretation? :P STC always had slightly different models for the Sega cast. Most obviously Amy was given an entirely different appearance, and even Sonic has the "christmas tree" look! :D

Edited by Mash-It Mambo

:B

That avatar follows me around.... tongue.png

Edit: in all seriousness, I don't want to come across as condescending, it's just that I really liked STC in it's day, and the guys that make STCO, at least in my opinion do a fantastic job. I would recommend it to any Sonic fan - but I am biased... :B

Edited by Mash-It Mambo

Oh dear.....

I read a couple of issues of STC-O when it first started, I've been meaning to go back to it for a while now.

Mambo already gave constructive reasons why this is a ridiculous proposal.

Plus Porker being one of the signature characters of the series, his death would probably bring it closer to the main timeline, which it has been established is NOT a goal.

I mean, if the fact the STCO fanbase love asshole Sonic to bits and consider game Sonic too mushy is any indication.

The issue 252 drawn by MRi and Saku666?

bliss.

Beautiful art indeed.

...also further evidence Ebony needs to be locked in a padded room. She ain't right in the head.

"Asshole Sonic"?! Haha! Love it!

Don't get me wrong, I like the usual personality Sonic has when done right... but Asshole!Sonic in STC/O is refreshing. He's a flawed hero, I seem to remember Nigel Kitching saying... :B

And yeah, I think Ebony's current state of mind reflects that of Amy's in the games. She is obsessed with Super; that he might have liked her, that he is really a pacifist and as such she is determined to break the rules of her own order to bring him back.

Edited by Mash-It Mambo

This is still going? This takes me back. Also "asshole Sonic"? When did this happen? The last time I read the comic, Sonic was a pretty good guy...I was in tears at the part where Sonic was on the run, and Tails wanted to go with him....but then Sonic told him to stay because Mobius needed a hero. ;; That was really touching.

"Asshole Sonic"?! Haha! Love it!

Well it is an apt description. Friends can be rude towards eachother as a joke, but he just comes off as spiteful at times to me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the usual personality Sonic has when done right... but Asshole!Sonic in STC/O is refreshing. He's a flawed hero, I seem to remember Nigel Kitching saying... :B

Flawed heroism is good!

Just at times he... doesn't seem to know when to let the insults up.

Though at the end of the day he's shown to genuinely care about his friends, which is the important part. You feel so bad for him after Tails' temporary death and Johnny's...

And yeah, I think Ebony's current state of mind reflects that of Amy's in the games. She is obsessed with Super; that he might have liked her, that he is really a pacifist and as such she is determined to break the rules of her own order to bring him back.

It has nothing to do with beliefs. It's blatant fanaticism with no sense of reason.

It -is- possible to bring the good Super back, if one approaches it scientifically. You get Super Sonic separated, charged up and hit him with an EMP. He will lose his powers and devolve into a harmless state. If the original sequence of events is any indication.

If she was semi-competent, she'd understand that the "Juice Sonic up and hope for the best" method doesn't work... in order for her friend to be around, those hotblooded tendencies must be done away with.

This is still going? This takes me back. Also "asshole Sonic"? When did this happen? The last time I read the comic, Sonic was a pretty good guy...I was in tears at the part where Sonic was on the run, and Tails wanted to go with him....but then Sonic told him to stay because Mobius needed a hero. ;; That was really touching.

Isn't that STCO?

They... aren't always true to the source material as memory serves. I know Sonic in many cases has been personified as less intelligent than his original counterpart, and less rough around the edges. At least, based on what I've read at their forum; I presume the STC diehards will know the content better than myself.

I suppose it's a natural consequence of new blood coming in that probably are more influenced by the newer titles.

Though, it has been shown Sonic, while he's quite the jerk by other standards, still cares about his friends. On the verge of tears with Johnny's death, and clearly devastated when he heard Tails died in the alternate reality Robotnik created.