Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

It is indeed, Oggy... I get that most of the readership are from the UK, but a great many of them are also er... not English(!) The team is made up of people from all over the place, so IMO to have an issue dedicated to er... Englishness is a bit weird. I suppose the original comic had Bravehog... *shrug* But yeah, as I said the artwork that went into the strip was very nice indeed and I'd like to see this same teamwork in future! smile.png

• 1 month later...

KKM, you sneaky dog.

I'd recognise your personal redesign of Mina Mongoose anywhere...

And is that Rotor Joe Sushi the cameraman with Sally Acorn?

• Thumbs Up 2

The Blaze story? Well, it was a neat little story. Some word balloon placements made dialogue a little hard to follow at times, but it was manageable. Art was nice too, Blaze was quite cute when fighting and in the ending as a matter of fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

KKM, you sneaky dog.

I'd recognise your personal redesign of Mina Mongoose anywhere...

And is that Rotor Joe Sushi the cameraman with Sally Acorn?

"you sneaky dog" she appears three times, two in colour, one in the forefront of the panel

nothing sneaky about it :V

Here, a list of cameos on my story. Keep in mind, it's just cameos. We're not really going to start using Doraemon and Portuguese President Cavaco Silva as characters, it's just background nonsense. Feel free to headcanon away with it.

Think of it as my wink back to Jon Gray years after Archie issue 134 wink.png

stckkm1.jpg

stckkm2.jpg

stckkm3.jpg

EDIT: Well I might reuse some that are actually connected to the Sonic games like Joe Sushi or the Sonic 2 Turtle, but you know. Obviously everyone else who is neither a Sonic game character nor an StC character is here just as a silly cameo. The RX-78-2 Gundam is not a character in StC-O.

The Blaze story? Well, it was a neat little story. Some word balloon placements made dialogue a little hard to follow at times, but it was manageable. Art was nice too, Blaze was quite cute when fighting and in the ending as a matter of fact.

Hmm, perhaps I should try to work on where I leave space for word balloons next time? P;

Hmm, perhaps I should try to work on where I leave space for word balloons next time? P;

Maybe they cou--oh.

To be fair, I got to the issue via KKM's linking to it on Tumblr while saying what his contribution was, I knew he was working on it before reading it.

Quite a lot of names I recognise in this issue, looking again. You have old hands Adamis and Pete, then there's you, KKM and Mambocat. Quite the healthy batch from across Europe!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

cover_lrg.jpg

http://www.stconline.co.uk/266/controlzone.html

Well I'm certainly nicking the wallpaper for Facebook usage.

Beautiful artwork all around!

Super Sonic's story of course takes the spotlight for me.

I had always pondered if Super Sonic somehow became Iblis by actually creating some sort of plan during his spare time, a plan that would let him have an unending power source.

A lot of people didn't seem open to the idea but... here we are. It's always a good feeling when your headcanon becomes full on canon. :P

He's quite the manipulative little bastard, isn't he? He's clearly very intelligent, cunning, all that jazz... but only desires destruction. Alas!

Very interested to see where this goes.

I also just made a small donation to StCO. Keep up the good work guys!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Read it this morning. Can't wait to see what happens with Super Sonic. 

I really like the Days of Future Past homage, and even the Tikal side-story was actually good. This is the best Sonic media in a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoyed the Sonic and Tikal strips but the Sonic's World Strip really didn't grab me personally.

Gotta say I can't really critique the Sonic's World story cause.. *cough dems be my colours.. *cough* but the Unleashed storyline is the biggest project the STCO team have taken on since the 250/Robotnik's War issue. It's great they can organise so many talents into this one story. It's also very hard to pick a favourite artist!! Pete's colours are glorious as ever, I love how expressive India's characters are, Adamis' work is phenomenal... agh. :D

The Tikal story is equal parts amusing and kinda sweet. It's nice to see her given a story as I was starting to feel she was fading into the background. Teabug's artwork is adorable, and L.T is a good storywriter, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

Enjoyable issue, and it felt like things were progressing after spending a while with Tails as the only one believing in Sonic. The expressions in the Strange Case of Silver the Hedgehog were something else (in a positive way).

Still have to re-iterate my gushing for the chao cover/wallpaper, it's just goddamn adorable (and I keep noticing little details, like how the Vector Chao's emotion ball is a music note, Johnny Lightfoot is a hero chao because he's dead, and how the colours of the balls are thematic for other chao). I hope the absolute full version is released one day, because I get the sense that each wallpaper has details cut of (especially with the likes of the Rouge and Jet chao; I have to go on the tablet or phone wallpaper to even see Jet, the large wallpaper has him cut off). 

• Thumbs Up 2

That was a fun read. I love the art in the first two stories and the Boom Cameos were a treat. I don't know if the writer or TheKKM gave Amy that suit in the Chao story but I like it. Also the Chaotix and Silver stories are shaping up to be pretty good. Good issue all around IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Issue #269 is a great read. Every story worked well. The Chao story was a fun romp oozing with humor and great visuals. This was a great way to work Chao into the comic, and I hope they continue to be seen. The Chaotix were so cool encountering Cyber-Shadow, and then he betrays them at the end to return to Robotnik's side... in a Metallix body, nonetheless! Tails and Holly in the Oil Desert working with the Freedom Fighters of the desert so they can sabotage and destroy the Robotnik base, and Shorty arriving to help. But the biggest highlight was the Sonic the Fugitive arc finally winding down, and... Dexter's a fraud? The sheer volume of cameos (Hey, it's Zazz! Is that Lil' Sanic?) helps the story a lot. My one dissapointment with the Oil Desert story is that the girl in the Aquis and Asteron armour didn't show up again. I would love to see her get a name and personality. If it was made before Lost World and the Pendercaust, I would have had a karmic satisfacation from the Silver story, which is pretty nice and mysterious about him having saved the future. And this all has me pumped for number #270. #268 was great too, with Tekno having become a Cybernik (two little Cyberniks, pretty cute), and the Iblis being defeated.

• 4 weeks later...

Lew Stringer will be appearing at a local Comic Con in Northern Ireland on Saturday. I know he was a writer on STC and did a small bit of art work but does anyone know if he does any sketches of Sonic at all?

• 2 months later...

*Vector's car is a recolour of Sonic's All-Stars Racing vehicle*

That is neat.

*Charmy/Mighty's vehicle looks familiar, but she can't recognise it off the top of her head*

Ugh, I swear that is also a reference but it is alluding me and I am annoyed by that.

Edit: Finally sussed it out, it's a recolour of Metal Sonic's ASR vehicle. I should have known there was a pattern.

*Espio's car is a recolour of Amy's Sonic R vehicle*

I was sick yesterday and I'm still trying to heal, don't try to kill me from a laughing fit okay. 

Edit: Oh wait, that's more like her All-Stars racing vehicle, down to the extra adornments on the front wheel guards and the name on the love heart. That's even better. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 year later...

Don't know if there's topic about so I'm starting one. Does anyone know do this series is worth watching because I've heard that it was acknowledge by the creator of the original Fleetway Sonic comics but there are some criticisms that might turn me off.

Depends of what might turn you off. And what you've heard (as some people love to exaggerate some stuff)