Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

9 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Depends of what might turn you off. And what you've heard (as some people love to exaggerate some stuff)

Well I heard that a lot of the Freedom Fighters are jerks in it

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Well I heard that a lot of the Freedom Fighters are jerks in it

What ? False.

Only Sonic can be seen as a "jerk" sometimes, because he's cocky and arrogant. But that's also a trait people tends to exaggerate, as he's still a hero who cares for his friends, and for the planet.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Adamis said:

What ? False.

Only Sonic can be seen as a "jerk" sometimes, because he's cocky and arrogant. But that's also a trait people tends to exaggerate, as he's still a hero who cares for his friends, and for the planet.

Maybe I'll give it try.

You should, yeah. It's a fantastic comic. I've read them all and I'm also an artist for the unofficial continuation Sonic the Comic Online, and it's my favourite Sonic spin-off.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked it! That Blaze story was very cute. And the way Sonic entered the front lines (against the Nega Wisp Armor, no less) was awesome! But no little tribute to the Archie comic's end? Or was the entire overall look of the story (which had a distinct post-reboot look and feel) the tribute? And hey, there's Double Sonic again! The Double Sonic was a great twist. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I liked it! That Blaze story was very cute. And the way Sonic entered the front lines (against the Nega Wisp Armor, no less) was awesome! But no little tribute to the Archie comic's end? Or was the entire overall look of the story (which had a distinct post-reboot look and feel) the tribute? And hey, there's Double Sonic again! The Double Sonic was a great twist. 

Yeah I noticed that the art style looked like something from the post reboot issues.

So, let me get this straight...

The issues are in sequential order, right? So originally Ebony is trapped and the flame does la de dah, then Blaze goes into the centre to do something to it, and that makes her reborn as a child(?) and changes events so that Blaze was trapped instead so Ebony could fix things better?

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

So, let me get this straight...

Hide contents

The issues are in sequential order, right? So originally Ebony is trapped and the flame does la de dah, then Blaze goes into the centre to do something to it, and that makes her reborn as a child(?) and changes events so that Blaze was trapped instead so Ebony could fix things better?

Well, she sacrificed herself to save Ebony's life, so the time loop could be ended.

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

There are no tribute. Most of the art was made before Archie's cancellation.

22 hours ago, Adamis said:

What ? False.

He's more a dick to his rivals and treats his friends like groupies. He's kinda a jerk sue being that he's always the one saving the day and solving the problems with his friends cheering him on and bragging about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, she sacrificed herself to save Ebony's life, so the time loop could be ended.

There are no tribute. Most of the art was made before Archie's cancellation.

You guys could have at least noted it in the text of the Control zone, or maybe do it in the Flashback zone. Any plans to do so?

40 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

You guys could have at least noted it in the text of the Control zone, or maybe do it in the Flashback zone. Any plans to do so?

The comments section below mention that both comics' original runs have ended

39 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

He's more a dick to his rivals and treats his friends like groupies. He's kinda a jerk sue being that he's always the one saving the day and solving the problems with his friends cheering him on and bragging about it.

He's the main character, of course he'll be shown saving the day more than the others. It doesn't mean the others don't save the day as well, they do it quite a few times too. And no, he doesn't treat his friends as groupies. He cared about Porker Lewis breaking down, he even go to the floating island to check on him. He was deeply saddened by Johnny's death and even ran away for a moment to get his sh*t together. He fell on his knees when Robotnik, who at that time rewrote time, implied that Tails drowned and died.

And those are just examples, but you'd know it if you read the comic :)

40 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Not that I know of. And we don't have to do it either.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Love the Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey feel of all this. I honestly did a double take at Double Sonic because I didn't notice Redux at first and though there was an error.

One problem with it is really just a personal thing on my end. Due to the length between issues I tend to forget a lot of what happened in previous issues so I tend to be like "Oh, yeah this is currently happening". Again that's more a me problem than an actual quality issue.

Also wait #275 ends what you guys have been working on for all these years? Does that mean this particular storyline or STC-O in general?

• Nice Smile 1

Yeah, sorry about the long wait, we've been working on some stuff ;)

#275 will end a lot of things, but not the comic, don't be afraid. Let's say there might be changes ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Also wait #275 ends what you guys have been working on for all these years? Does that mean this particular storyline or STC-O in general?

While I'm sure a few big things'll happen, the main thing I'm expecting to see is a turn (to what degree, I have no idea) with Sonic's bad reputation. It would make sense since that storyline's been going on for quite a while, and Sonic showing up in front of everyone for the first time in a while at the end of this issue is definitely gonna be a big deal in the following issues, so...maybe?

It's kind of weird how I've followed Online for a few years now despite only reading a bit of the original StC. Maybe I should read the whole series at some point, but eh...it's not like I've ever felt particularly lost or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

19 hours ago, Adamis said:

Yeah, sorry about the long wait, we've been working on some stuff ;)

#275 will end a lot of things, but not the comic, don't be afraid. Let's say there might be changes ;)

Ooh, mysterious and cryptic I like it.

I'm looking forward to Sonic rebuilding his past reputation after Grimer and Metallix practically destroyed it as retaliation of destroying Robotnik's sanity.

Which would also mean in a comedic way that the kid's F will retroactively become an A+

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Also, I kinda disliked the pace of the story about Don Long-Legs finally being found. So an uneasy alliance with him, eh? He's not the fierce killer he was made out to by by his minions? It would be fun to see him interact with Plunder. Pirates vs. Mafia, basically. And I was disappointed Cedric wasn't there to help, either. And now Dunzi is a member of GUN? Oh. That's okay.

The one I did like more than the main story is the Plunder story, which involves Dagon. Dagon! It's nice to see that creature interact with our favorite cast. Are there any plans for Nyarlathotep to show up as well? And while I give the last story some credit for the unique art style and premise, at times I could not tell what was going on. Still hyped for #273, with the Drakon Empire rearing their whole ugly head again.