Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

3 hours ago, Pengi said:

Any idea how long the story will run, how many pages are left to go? 

I wonder as well. Especially with the mystery of Sonic’s godson Johnny, not to mention what happened to other characters of the original run...

Never even knew this existed, pretty cool how many of these they got done. I've started from the beginning last night and am currently in the middle of the SA2 adaption. I forgot how much of a dick Sonic was in this comic. I think they done a good job with what I've read so far and hopefully I don't take forever getting caught up.

Ok so I don't read this as much as I should but...

I don't care if the next physical issue isn't for a thousand years.

Part 2 of Exit Sonic absolutely needs to be in that physical issue! Part 1 was so good the conclusion needs a physical print!

I also got a sneek peek at Part 2's ending and it really was great!

I probably not getting any Thumbs Up for saying this, but I fail to see what so great about "Exit".

Just flip the pages without reading dialogue. Can you even tell it's a future? If you read text there are two things: Tekno and Amy have a kid, while with age Sonic is slowing down. That's interesting, but those things are mentioned off-handily, they aren't the focus.

The "meat" is that Robotnik is back... what a new bold story to tell. And Super Sonic is here, as well as Grimer, Sonic and all Freedom Fighters. Basically the reunion of all important characters. The problem is they look the same as in the "present", act the same, and still appear in main book. So... what exactly changed? What are we even looking at?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I probably not getting any Thumbs Up for saying this, but I fail to see what so great about "Exit".

Just flip the pages without reading dialogue. Can you even tell it's a future? If you read text there are two things: Tekno and Amy have a kid, while with age Sonic is slowing down. That's interesting, but those things are mentioned off-handily, they aren't the focus.

The "meat" is that Robotnik is back... what a new bold story to tell. And Super Sonic is here, as well as Grimer, Sonic and all Freedom Fighters. Basically the reunion of all important characters. The problem is they look the same as in the "present", act the same, and still appear in main book. So... what exactly changed? What are we even looking at?

You’re looking at a parting gift. Nigel wanted to write this as a personal conclusion to his time on the series, and this will also be the last we see of our gracious editor Michael Corker’s artwork in the comic before he retires.

This isn’t supposed to be a “Mobius 25 Years Later” type deal where everyone’s old and settled down, if that’s what you were expecting.

52 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

You’re looking at a parting gift. Nigel wanted to write this as a personal conclusion to his time on the series, and this will also be the last we see of our gracious editor Michael Corker’s artwork in the comic before he retires.

This isn’t supposed to be a “Mobius 25 Years Later” type deal where everyone’s old and settled down, if that’s what you were expecting.

Then what it is? What's the goal of the story? Premise? Pitch? Selling point? Idea behind it?

Look, I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade. Any criticism I could ever have toward whole STCO is negated by the scope and obvious heart putted into the project.

But if you strip the whole 'parting gift' wrapping, then what's this story about?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if you really wanted to find a deeper relevance to this story, I’d say Super Sonic showing up again after not seeing him since Unleashed, as a seperate entity again no less, is pretty big P;

You'll see with part 2. (also, those who've seen some glimpses of it at the con, the script have been revised a bit and there could be extra pages 😛 )

• 2 months later...

The tumblr of the comic has been posting tons of concept artwork and inks, influing a few previously-unreleased stories. Are these newly-revealed storylines still canon?

11 hours ago, Adamis said:

If they're not in the comic, they're not.

I personally consider them “secondary canon”, like the Grandreams stuff and the newspaper strip. (As well as Sonic 1 and 2) They’re canon until/unless they are contradicted.

• 1 month later...

Wow. That was fairly death-filled.

Grimer gets pierced by a blast from super, Sonic himself disintegrates and melts away before re-emerging from Super for good, and then Robotnik’s computer virus meets an utterly ironic death.

The epilogue just says it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump because I never saw this, or at least not the second half. 

It was pretty nifty (actually some great closure for Robotnik), but it was weird that the scope was so...narrow. 

Then again, this is the final story chronologically, but nothing says there can't be prequels. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well yes, we're not stopping there, we've been working on new issues lately. 

I've finally had the opportunity to draw a full Ray strip :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

• 2 months later...

It was a nice issue...but it does remind me of the one thing I'm a bit confused about right now; what are the Chaotix doing in the narrative right now? Are they still researching the Special Zone, or have they written that off as a lost cause? If so, what purpose are they achieving aside from some computer stuff with Izzy? And why does it feel like Bill and Max are going to show up any day now despite the fact they should be dead by all accounts?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

It was nice issue...but it does remind me of the one thing I'm a bit confused about right now; what are the Chaotix doing in the narrative right now? Are they still researching the Special Zone, or have they written that off as a lost cause? If so, what purpose are they achieving aside from some computer stuff with Izzy? And why does it feel like Bill and Max are going to show up any day now despite the fact they should be dead by all accounts?

I’m also curious about what happened with Morain, Dexter, Death-Trap, etc.

I was also under the impression that Pyjamas had passed on, but then...

Thanks for alleviating my fears, guys. She’s alive and well. Mew... 

I like the wallpapers in this issue.