Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

The story bugs me as well, I don't like it. There are reasons and there is substance behind it though. That was my point, nothing else.

The story bugs me as well, I don't like it. There are reasons and there is substance behind it though. That was my point, nothing else.

I see. My apologies for having dragged things out for so long, I should have made an attempt to communicate less aggressively.

I'll definitely sgree that Tekno murdering someone was a very controversial storyline. She is a character who has a natural affinity with technology, working closely with computers probably every hour she's awake. To be taken from that and dumped into some backwater dimension for months on end will affect someone with that kind of lifestyle. She's supposed to have gone insane and that's what leads her to murder.

I'm not sure if I agree with it in the end but it's understandable for her character. Maybe it didn't belong in a continuation of a childrens comic BUT the readers of the original are who I assume we're catering to and they're pretty much all in their 20s now.

...I can't remember my point now, there was one there somewhere. Did I make it?

Maybe it didn't belong in a continuation of a childrens comic BUT the readers of the original are who I assume we're catering to and they're pretty much all in their 20s now.

I may be misinterpreting you, and feel free to call me out if I am, but this statement seems to subscribe to the notion that to make something mature and adult, it must be unpleasant. I had this mentality as a teenager, when I thought Todd McFarlane's Spawn was the best thing since sliced bread.. I am rather bewildered by it as an adult.

I don't mean to demean either you or the hard work you've obviously put into the continuation, I'm just a tad confused as to what you are trying to say.

I don't mean exactly what you say there.

The whole storyline of that strip would never have appeared in the original STC. It's a bit dark altogether, what with the isolation, desperation and insanity. The murder just happened to be the conclusion of that story.

I didn't mean it has to be dark to be adult, I just meant it'd be classed as a more adult strip because it's darkly themed.

I don't mean exactly what you say there.

The whole storyline of that strip would never have appeared in the original STC. It's a bit dark altogether, what with the isolation, desperation and insanity. The murder just happened to be the conclusion of that story.

I didn't mean it has to be dark to be adult, I just meant it'd be classed as a more adult strip because it's darkly themed.

Oh, okay. Thank you for the insight, it clears a lot up.

I guess if nothing else, this sort of controversy sparks interest in the comic, even if it makes things awkward in some ways. Perhaps in this case, no publicity is bad publicity.

I didn't even know that story existed, it's not in any of the back issues I looked in.

Heh, I can't blame you...the story was published somewhat sporadically.

• 3 months later...

#251 is out !

52101828.jpg

Features:

-New version of the site

-Three wallpapers

-Encyclopedia Badnika

-"Breaking News"

-Speedlines

-Graphic zone

And FOUR stories:

-Sonic: The Universe Game

-Tails: Visa Vixen

-The Chaotix: Rage inside the Machine

-Amy: Monsters on the Miracle Planet.

52101838.jpg

52101848.jpg

52101867.jpg

52101877.jpg

Ah well well well ain't this interesting. Turbo is making a come back people. Recognize! Hell yeah!

I have read through the issue and its alright and the artwork for the main Sonic story is cool but I have seen better versions of Turbo :P.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lumina? Void? Tails Doll?! SHADOW IS SUDDENLY BACK WITH A GUN?!! Is it me, or did they try to throw in as many references as possible to totally confuse the reader? In any case, Shadow's apparent return definately should make for some interesting chaos next issue. Let's just say I'm currently glued to my hypothetical seat concerning this matter. Either way, really well done art on the main Sonic story. Top-notch!

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who felt that the latest issue felt like a whole bunch of filler.

I can certainly see where you're coming from. None of the stories in the issue seemed to advance the overall plot forward in any major way. Granted, Shadow reappeared, but it's not certain yet that it's really him.

• 2 months later...

No opinions on this issue? I thought it was much better than the last.

• 2 weeks later...

wow! a new printed UK Sonic Comic, for the first time in 8 and a half years (tears in the eyes now) i wish they'd do this for all their past issues, be great to read 1-184 then read 224 straight away instead of looking on the web. So how'd u get a copy of that then?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmmm....Personally I never got into the "official" Archie comics beccause of the new characters and plotlines. Personally I would prefer for a Sonic comic to just be the usual "Sonic V.S Eggman" situation with all the classic characters...

-Sonic obviously

-Eggman

-Tails

-Knux

-Amy

-Metal Sonic

Fan comics are more to my tastes, but I still have to find one like that, with an art style that satisfies me. I might give this one a shot though, the artwork is very good looking.

Mirroring other comments; Is there a particular reason Vector is willing to help Sonic? Unlike most, I realise that this is actually in-character with his SEGA Sonic self, but I don't think the StC purists would buy that. :lol:

It was nice to see him though, and the other two Sonic stories were especially lovely, and those wallpapers...<3

Edited by VEDJ-F

Great art on the Silver story and a nice twist on the whole Iblis concept. Looking forward to seeing how Blaze and Silver's plots affect the main plot and the life of our favorite Blue Blur. :)