Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

• 2 weeks later...

I found about Sonic The Comic a litlle while after I started reading Archie's Sonic back in 1999. Though I found about Sonic The Comic after reading (what I assumed to be a fan's work) Sonic The Comic MK.2. I thought the art was cool and actually motivated me to start drawing. Sometimes I was lost when reading the story because I didn't know about some of the original characters of STC and past stories, but that changed when reading some of the past issues.

I was wondering if anyone has information about this project. I remember they had scans of the official comic while they had new chapters of their work too. Here are some scans of pages I used to print, and then used to color (shut up I was like barely 10!):

LfPXW.jpg

RYJf6.jpg

5o23O.jpg

I remember this particular comic disappeared and then Sonic The Comic Online started. Does anyone remember this at all?

I'll give it these things, it stays quite true to the characters whilst making Tails more of a hero and Sonic though pretty much the same ass in the official comics is a tad more sympathetic.

But still, STC! Sonic and by extension STCO! Sonic is probably the only portrayal from popular Sonic media that doesn't feel like 'a Sonic' to me, so it feels really weird reading it, I've sort of have come to accept the series, and him, as something separate though, I still don't think it should really be this way...

Edited by Mysterics

I recognise the art work - I'm not sure who did the top few panels but I recognise their style. I'm 99.99% certain the Shadow and Sonic one at the bottom is by Thalia/Swirly Thing on DA.

I had no idea about STC 2 but I did know there was a yahoo group that helped to get STCO started.

Edit - ah yeah and her name is on the cover there! Haha!

Edited by MamboCat

I recognise the art work - I'm not sure who did the top few panels but I recognise their style. I'm 99.99% certain the Shadow and Sonic one at the bottoms is by Thalia/Swirly Thing on DA.

I had no idea about STC 2 but I did know there was a yahoo group that helped to get STCO started.

Edit - ah yeah and her name is on the cover there! Haha!

Yeah I found her deviant and I've seen some of her work before. I wouldn't have guessed it was her that drew this comic years ago. I wonder why she stopped.

I'm guessing because she started drawing for STCO? That's what I would assume.

Anyways she's started a new comic now, it's got some very nice artwork in it. Cute widdle brown Sonic, hehe! :B

I've not read STCO in months. Did Shadow ever make a re-appearance, does anyone know?

I think his last appearance was in #252, which was a long while ago now. 

By the looks of the preview, he'll reappear later in 2013 though. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

I think his last appearance was in #252, which was a long while ago now. 

By the looks of the preview, he'll reappear later in 2013 though. 

Thanks. He definitely needs more attention in the comic to flesh out his character; I'd love to see how they'd handle him.

Edited by The Jackal

I hate this comic. They should kill Porker and have Rouge turn good.
Forget it. They don't take requests. I told them to show Amy Rose picking her nose, but they were like NO

I'm guessing because she started drawing for STCO? That's what I would assume.

Anyways she's started a new comic now, it's got some very nice artwork in it. Cute widdle brown Sonic, hehe! :B

Oh yeah, I saw the comic in her DA. I wish I could find links to her STC2 though.

I'm assuming the Gizoid who showed up was Emerl, but maybe it could be someone completely different as a twist...Guess I'll just have to wait until the next strip. XD

It's only had one panel, but I noticed it's been slightly tweaked to look a little more like the big Guardian robots with the great big bobble heads and the Castle in the Sky robot's arms... so I wonder as there are a lot of those robots and they all so far have looked the same, if it is a Gizoid and there are many more hidden in the island. Although the scrawled messages said "here lies the Gizoid.".

Still, very interesting. I smell a Zachary plot, somehow. Although Knuckles should know where he is at all times!

Edited by MamboCat

It's only had one panel, but I noticed it's been slightly tweaked to look a little more like the big Guardian robots with the great big bobble heads and the Castle in the Sky robot's arms... so I wonder as there are a lot of those robots and they all so far have looked the same, if it is a Gizoid and there are many more hidden in the island. Although the scrawled messages said "here lies the Gizoid.".

Still, very interesting. I smell a Zachary plot, somehow. Although Knuckles should know where he is at all times!

Oh cool, I didn't notice the redesign, seems like the Gizoid got a nice subtle makeover to fit in more with the other Echidna built bots in STC. ^^ Should be interesting to see whether or not it indeed is a single Gizoid or one of many. :) And it seems like you're probably right about Zachary, since this does seem like a fitting story for an Echidna mad scientist. ^^

*can't spoil*

You... might be a bit surprised smile.png

Intruiging. biggrin.png

Thanks. He definitely needs more attention in the comic to flesh out his character; I'd love to see how they'd handle him.

It has become a running gag with me that the real Shadow somehow survived and went on to father Silver, hence the latter's red eyes.

Though I'm increasingly leaning to the idea that the colorist used one of the images of Silver looking over a fire while coloring. He appears to have red eyes due to the reflection, and I assume that's where the coloring error came from.

I'm pretty sure Silver has red eyes because he is an albino... I'm not so convinced that has anything to do with Shadow as I am pretty sure Shadow as a biological entity in STCO will remain dead. He's now in the comic as a program, almost ReBootstylee.

Still I don't want to ruin your theory completely. :B I like Silver in STCO - I'm sure one of the dialogue lines said he once survived a fight with Super! :D

Edited by MamboCat

I thought they coloured them red because red is considered a cool colour for eyes. That's why loads of other characters have them (not in the Sonic series, obviously).

There's no error with Silver's red eyes. Some characters have a different eyes colour than their games versions, just look at Amy (brown eyes) ;)

I'm pretty sure Silver has red eyes because he is an albino... I'm not so convinced that has anything to do with Shadow as I am pretty sure Shadow as a biological entity in STCO will remain dead. He's now in the comic as a program, almost ReBootstylee.

Still I don't want to ruin your theory completely. :B I like Silver in STCO - I'm sure one of the dialogue lines said he once survived a fight with Super! biggrin.png

Oh I'm mostly just being silly with that theory. Sega's done enough to support the idea of Shadow and Silver being related anyway. (Plus with Shay's dislike of game Shadow, I doubt he's exactly in favor of revival)

Hmm, giving him red eyes for being an albino, that's actually rather cool!

I recall that line as well; I've read Last Hero Standing a few times due to how epic the reveal was. Only Silver has been badass enough to fight off TWO world destroying monsters... alternate versions of him, granted, but still awesome. I also like how the two destroyers in question are evil superpowered versions of Sonic and Knuckles. That's one way to lay the old rivalry to rest I suppose. :P

I thought they coloured them red because red is considered a cool colour for eyes. That's why loads of other characters have them (not in the Sonic series, obviously).

Indeed it is! They're always humorous on heroes as well, since they've gained a reputation for being "evil" eyes.

There's no error with Silver's red eyes. Some characters have a different eyes colour than their games versions, just look at Amy (brown eyes) wink.png

I'm pretty sure Silver's depicted with gold/yellow eyes in practically all appearances though. :P

In one of my personal projects I did make Silver heterochromic though, so I can't really fault STCO for it!

There's no error with Silver's red eyes. Some characters have a different eyes colour than their games versions, just look at Amy (brown eyes) wink.png

What reason is there to do that in this day and age? It was understandable in the past because the character didn't get an established eye colour until near the point where StC died, but now? There shouldn't be this difference when adapting new characters from the games, even if their backgrounds have to be altered to fit into the StC lore.

Basically. it's an editorial decision that bugs me.

Edited by VEDJ-F

It's only been one strip so I know what I am saying is based on speculation - but I'm not so sure Silver's back story will be "altered" as such. He is still a time traveller from a burninated future, it's just that Iblis is not a big fiery, larval looking demon with horns and shit like he is in Sonic '06. Super Sonic as well was such a prominent "villain" in STC as well it seems like a good move to me to make him STCO's Iblis. I imagine Silver will do some stupid shit and jump to conclusions in STCO's present too, I just don't expect him to be as thick as he is in '06. Sonic afterall is a fugitive right now so I suppose Silver might feel justified in trying to bump him off.

I think Blaze has been altered much more, but since her backstory was ignored in Sonic '06 too, I'd say STCO's version of her is pretty neat.

As for the eyes; eh, well. Like Adamis said, STCO Amy has brown eyes. Everyone else is the same as their game counterparts, IIRC.... I guess at least Silver has a reason for having weird coloured eyes - I'm sure I read somewhere that Spydaman wanted him to be albino, anyway...

Edited by MamboCat

What reason is there to do that in this day and age? It was understandable in the past because the character didn't get an established eye colour until near the point where StC died, but now? There shouldn't be this difference when adapting new characters from the games, even if their backgrounds have to be altered to fit into the StC lore.

Basically. it's an editorial decision that bugs me.

You'll have to ask Spydaman, as he's the one (IIRC) who used red for Silver's eyes.

It also give him a "StCO identity", like Knuckles'collar, Amy's clothing...

But for specifics ? I don't know.