Awoo.

Sonic The Comic - Online!

The Stiv™

The fact he's the only character who can stand up to Super Sonic makes him distinct enough to me!

Though they're separate continuities I can't help but wonder if Silver's powers are similar to his Archie's counterpart's - that is, they can trump chaos-based abilities in some manner, thus nullifying the edge a chaos demigod would possess.

Thus, Iblis' attacks cannot serve Silver his backside, but neither does Silver have the power to kill him. It's a stalemate.

Really we should just be glad Iblis is too hotblooded to make any long-term plan, lest he also try to send something into the past to thwart Silver in a Skynet-esque twist...

Oh dear. That's right. He showed some reason in holding himself from bumping off Lord Sidewinder for quite some time. Who knows what that beast is capable of. Perhaps he is perfectly capable of rational thought and detailed plans but... where's the fun in that?

• 1 month later...

"Much like you, then." Buuuuurn! I loved that line far, far too much.

"It was the egg that came first." Also love that one. Good to see Robotnik coming up with his own witty comebacks.

Nicely ironic to see Sonic and Shadow now fighting on the same side despite the latter's denial of being allies. Can't wait until the truth gets out at some point in the future, should result in some hilarious confusion!

I like the shorter, quicker issue approach that's been taken lately; it takes full advantage of the benefits of not having the same constraints as a physical comic.

Excellent work for the team overall!

• Thumbs Up 1

On flip side, this issue felt really short, the shortest for a long time. Then again, the next issue is an anniversary so I can see why you'd want to dial back now and have more resources at hand for the big shebang. 

Gotta say I freakin' love Adamis and Pete's work there. I like the way Adamis draws the characters and Pete's colouring is fantastic.

I did like how it was Shadow who figured out the Libra machine, and not Sonic(!) haha! Also liked the terrible puns and insults Sonic and Eggman throw at each other, although the line about nostalgia was a bit on the errrr... what? side. Afterall there was a Generations-referenced story not so long back. I do find how GUN are being written in quite interesting, and that their "war supplies" include massive springs and Mobius rings. Another interesting thing to note is that now Sonic has been seen brawling with someone in Metropolis Zone twice (Amy and Robotnik's Libra machine) and no-one has tried to apprehend him; there were even GUN operatives there and they didn't seem that bothered by his presence. Are we to assume that Sonic is really low on GUN's priority list?! Hmmm... *strokes invisible beard*

The Gizoid story was also excellent, and massive massive kudos to Shay for writing and drawing it! I like the direction in which Knuckles is being driven here, how this all fits in with his people, perhaps even his Guardianship and what not. (Perhaps the Gizoid is a Drakon guardian, although he looks too similar to the Guardian robots so perhaps he is a "prototype" Guardian before Knuckles was given the role?) I also really like Porker's development as Knuckles' unofficial sidekick! He's really the STCO tech geek, not Tails... and he is the only person who Knuckles can really stand to be around! biggrin.png

In general, I think only having two stories and the review zone and what not is a better idea than trying to squeeze three stories in. Although I do miss Encyclopaedia Badnika! :B

Edited by Doctor Mambotnik

On flip side, this issue felt really short, the shortest for a long time. Then again, the next issue is an anniversary so I can see why you'd want to dial back now and have more resources at hand for the big shebang. 

Indeed, one wants their special issues to be glorious, so it's best to save the labor. I know issues often are never published until easily two years after they're drawn at times. It's mind boggling to try and think of that time scale...

Another interesting thing to note is that now Sonic has been seen brawling with someone in Metropolis Zone twice (Amy and Robotnik's Libra machine) and no-one has tried to apprehend him; there were even GUN operatives there and they didn't seem that bothered by his presence. Are we to assume that Sonic is really low on GUN's priority list?! Hmmm... *strokes invisible beard*

My assumption is GUN is convinced that it's nonsense that he's a bad guy when they clearly are seeing him fight bad guys from time to time. As a military organisation they likely have a very strong "enemy of my enemy" mentality as well. Robotnik is clearly the greater threat in pretty much any situation, barring the invasion of evil demigods which fortunately StC has kept to a minimum.

As for pretty much everyone else (including GUN's soldiers). Well. I don't think you want to fight someone who can pull a Mary Sue instant destructive escape if you make him stressed out. :P

Hmm... well the thing is Amy works if not for GUN then she operates closely with them - such as her teamwork with the red snake dude in rounding up the Tails dolls. If she isn't convinced Sonic is innocent then I wouldn't expect GUN to be either... unless they're doing the same as Tails and they're kinda not telling her what they know... Something I've always found a bit odd with Tails and Amy in this new war is that they don't seem to communicate much! :D

Anyways yeah I assumed a similar thing; GUN have bigger fish to fry than Sonic! :D So they just let him get on with trashing Robotnik's machine and do their own thing.

I always got the impression Amy isn't so much doubting Sonic as she is angry and hurt at him, and that's why she keeps being on the offensive? In other words, that StC-O! effectively introduced shipping?

Well there was always a hint of that - the whole does she/doesn't she fancy Sonic thing...

Personally I think that she definitely dislikes him now. A lot. She kinda has to since she helped "him" escape and might have got dragged into the same shit he is in. Also yeah "Sonic" knocked her out and nearly left her for dead, so as far as she knows; he's a horrid backstabbing person on the run from the law...

Unless of course you're playing school playground rules and the fact that she apparently hates him means she's kinda pining for him! XD

Edited by Doctor Mambotnik

I think the logic is that for her to have felt so hurt and betrayed that she effectively would now shoot his face, it's because she loved him equally strong, which makes her retrospectively crazier than Sonic X Amy.

This is as beautiful as Tekno and her staff.

Given that GUN seems to be fulfilling its role as the planet's formal defense force, it's safe to assume they probably have a vast reservoir of intelligence on Sonic and can determine it's pretty unlikely he was actually the one behind all those attacks. After all, it seems kind of odd he'd suddenly stop now, wouldn't he?

All I can recall from Amy and Sonic's encounter really is that Sonic's force field shall always remain a neat power.

Though I always liked how StC never went down the road of shipping characters like Archie did. Helps keep things more lighthearted and less dramatic, definitely. Besides we all know Sonic's gay anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

Really? 20 years? Great... now I feel amazingly old....

Well looks like I have a new idea for a few TSS specials.

Let's also not forget that May 2013 will be STCO's 10th anniversary.

I give a huge round of applause to the STCO team for managing to keep this project going for so long; I can tell a lot of work goes into it, and the fact you do it all for free is really, really amazing.

When I get my Paypal sorted out, I've been meaning to give a donation to the team...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

• 1 month later...

In case you didn't already know. STC/O is celebrating their 20th birthday tomorrow! The STC tumblr says this issue has some very special guests. Comic hype commence!

Whooo, happy 20th anniversary to the comic book that pretty much made me the artist I am today.

I can't wait for the STC-O anniversary issue to go up!

I have to wonder why Knuckles had to be part of the Tails story at all given that his contribution was one line which wasn't important, but otherwise an enjoyable issue. 

Probably just celebratory wanking, just missed Tekno and Shortfuse who are still trapped in the pit of gloom.

Guys, you've done a great job, I must say. Tails, in Sonic The Comic, was one of my least favourite characters and here...wow, you seem to have changed him the good way. Kudos to that.

Never really paid much attention to this before but thought I'd check out the anniversary issue.

Pleasantly surprised at how good it was, such a simple premise but handled so well, quite a tear jerker as well haha! Might have to start reading this thing more often.

I don't want to repeat everything I said before on STCO, but this was a fantastic celebratory issue for a wonderful comic.

Many squees were unleashed!

Many thanks to the STCO team and the STC alumni who contributed to this issue!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the kids words, guys. Just want to make a post to tell people what's in this issue

cover_mini.jpg
Yesterday, we launched STC #261! Our 20th anniversary celebratory issue of Sonic the Comic!

Including:
NEW TO STC - Our timeline chronicling the history of STC, featuring some very special guest artists.

Stories include:
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - In Memory
SONIC'S WORLD - To the Hero of Mobius
KNUCKLES - Skeletons in the Closet Part 3

Also!
WALLPAPERS
REVIEW ZONE - Sonic Dash
STC ALUMNI Memories
The ARCHIVE ZONE
FAN MEMORIES - "Speed Reading - 20 years of STC Podcast"
Send us your thoughts and STC artwork and we'll add them to the section over summer!

Check it out!
www.stconline.co.uk

Edited by The Stiv™

Oh actually...

Back in 2010 I met up with Peter Richardson, the guy who drew all the Streets of Rage issues. Has a jolly good chat with him, as well as paid him a jolly lot for some original artworks.

Theres one or two interesting tid bits in there for you STC followers.

e.g.

Would it suprise you to learn that I was asked to do a Sonic strip? [...] After I turned in one of the chapters, I was contacted a little while later and was asked if I'd be interested in doing a Sonic strip since my work was quite popular. But, I had to turn it down due to other commitments.

... I really should get back in touch with him, it's been a quite a while and he was such a nice fellow.

Also I'll be doing someone on TSS this urm.... .. ... soon(?) Called 'My Favourite Fleetway' where I take a look at some of my favourite issues/ones which stand out for various reasons only nobody seems to remember them.

• Thumbs Up 1