Awoo.

I have a great idea for SSMB

Tori Himemiya

I remember a weekly interview thread I took part in on another site around a year ago. It went pretty well, nothing really got out of hand aside from a few friendly quips.

An interview thread would be pretty cool, but there's a still an issue of possible attention-mongering. Aside from that though, I'd be game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really, really don't see any point in this. Not that there's anything wrong with the idea, it just... well, what's there to interview most people about?

• Thumbs Up 8

I really, really don't see any point in this. Not that there's anything wrong with the idea, it just... well, what's there to interview most people about?

Edited by Dream of the Endless
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've actually had this idea in my head forever, I've been kind of trying to think of a way to impliment it with some other things....

but if it's so well liked I'm sure I could just make it happen on it's own

I say it ought to be a bi-weekly thing, at least to give such a matter more worth. Other than that, the idea sounds good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish everyone could stop finding excuses and reasons to mention him on this board.

Sorry but he was the first one to ask. But I guess I should had expected this. It was worth a shot.

I say it ought to be a bi-weekly thing, at least to give such a matter more worth. Other than that, the idea sounds good.

Bi-weekly huh? You know that wouldn't be such a bad idea since we probably go through everyone by the time we reach August. Maybe it last a bit longer that way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also I thank everyone who has supported this idea so far. I'm still hoping the mods will ok it. But again thanks for the support.

As for the idea of an SSMB interview itself... Who would be the interviewer and how would the interviewee be chosen?

Well if it promotes togetherness in the community, I don't see why it shouldn't be done. Sounds like a nice addition.

Though I'm not sure what questions could be asked. Personal information might want to be avoided, you never know who's lurking in the inter webs. Plus they are some stories that might be too upsetting to share, but if it involves volunteering, that might not be an issue.

I would just hope it doesn't turn into some sort of cheesy gossip magazine interview.

• Thumbs Up 9

As for the idea of an SSMB interview itself... Who would be the interviewer and how would the interviewee be chosen?

Well we have been getting volunteers for the interviewer role but first they'll have to submit questions for an interview. I'll have judges including myself read the questions and the person with the best questions will become an interviewer. Needless to say I'd say it would be best to have a balance of Sonic questions and personal questions.

Also if there's a lot of potiental interviewers we will rotate them every week as well.

As for interviewees it will most likely be chosen at random. But you have to be an active member of the community.

How does this sound?

I see... Well, if it goes smoothly, I would say that it seems like a solid idea.

My only peeve is that having it as a weekly thing, I dunno, it seems a bit often. I wouldn't want to see this project run out of potential interviewees and die out. We do have a lot of active members, that's true, but it would stink if a dead end was struck and there isn't much to go by.

For that, I have a few recommendations.

1. As I've already pointed out, have it be done at a bi-weekly rate minimum. It would give whoever is in charge more than enough time to prepare and do a bit of research or keep an eye on the person of interest. If the interview is to be done in text, having two weeks is also enough time for the interviewee to give a good and very decent response depending on his or her schedule. Some people have a busy week on one and an easy one on the next, so that would be something to consider, especially if the active member (at least to the point of having plenty of posts under many different topics under his/her belt) would not be online as often as he/she once would.

2. Do not be afraid to interview the same person twice or more, as long as there is a considerable amount of time in between, along the lines of (if this idea does last) a year.

And of course, should it ever come to this, 3. Have a backup interviewee in mind in case the first one refuses or is unable to.

Just a few things to keep in mind, at least.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 4

Thanks for advice Jeffhog. I'll keep them in mind once this gets off the ground. I might as well go with your suggestions. Thanks again for the advice.

GASP. I LOVE this idea! It sounds so fun, and it's a great way to get to know each other here on SSMB!

Also, choosing different interviewers might be cool, too. At least those who want to do it. Actually I just really want to interview people. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm definitely for it. I like gathering attention. biggrin.png

Now, as an add-up to Vizard, maybe the interviews can be done either through Skype/talk interviews or text if the interviewee has both. The interviewee can choose which one depending on comfort, familiarity, equipment malfunction, or health reasons (i.e., can't talk because of an illness).

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 1

Noted Dark Quviut.

I was hoping to go for more of text chats or something for interviewer but I suppose its all up to the interviewee.