Awoo.

I have a great idea for SSMB

Tori Himemiya

I think this is a pretty awesome idea actually. I tend to hang around on the Sonic and video game sections a lot more than off-topic and personal and I'm sure many others do too.

I often find it really hard to keep track of everyone's personalities and interests/life philosophies (also doesn't help that I'm bad with names and tend to recognise people by avatar (or at least a consistent avatar style - i.e. I'd probably be thrown for a loop if Sean stopped using pretty anime ladies - also bmn is and forever will be the Dole banana man), and interviews like this would practically be an encyclopedia of info for each member to reference by, and will probably stick in one's head upon reading far more than the bits and pieces you gather from reading individual posts all over the place.

Oh, and I'm totally down for being interviewed coz I like attention too. =C I think text interviews make more sense really, it's less work for the interviewer and it means everyone is on equal ground.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

We had something like this in another forum I used to go to and we ended up mostly asking random and/or stupid questions (between other better thought ones) just to see what the interviewer could come up with.

I'm guessing you are not going to allow this kind of questions here right? (despite how much I enjoyed those days, the Stadium doesn't strike me as the kind of site that allows such things)

• Thumbs Up 1

We had something like this in another forum I used to go to and we ended up mostly asking random and/or stupid questions (between other better thought ones) just to see what the interviewer could come up with.

I'm guessing you are not going to allow this kind of questions here right? (despite how much I enjoyed those days, the Stadium doesn't strike me as the kind of site that allows such things)

• Thumbs Up 1

I already said so, but I'm going to reaffirm my statement that I want to be interviewed, now that this seems to be more than just an idea. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

One more question then! Since we got an all-around approval from those who've come by this thread, how exactly would we expect this to be done? Would this be done subtly in one of the subforums or actually within the SSMB & Network Announcements or the Chit-Chat (Personal Discussion by extension)?

If we are going to go for something more discreet and not as unfavourably invasive, Personal Discussion does keep Guests out. Not to mention a boom in activity there would be neato.

• Thumbs Up 2

One more question then! Since we got an all-around approval from those who've come by this thread, how exactly would we expect this to be done? Would this be done subtly in one of the subforums or actually within the SSMB & Network Announcements or the Chit-Chat (Personal Discussion by extension)?

If we are going to go for something more discreet and not as unfavourably invasive, Personal Discussion does keep Guests out. Not to mention a boom in activity there would be neato.

Hmmmm... I haven't thought about that one.

It would be nice to leave it in personal discussion since it is kind of personal. But I suppose its up to the mods.

This could turn out interesting. I'm for it as long as we don't mention BANNED members.

Or someone is going to suffer the fate of the super falcon punch.

Edited by Eternal X

I wish everyone could stop finding excuses and reasons to mention him on this board.

Seems a little harsh, he was probably just mentioning him since he's active on Skype.

Anyway, I'd like this. I just think that if it's a thing on Skype, well...why aren't we already doing this? Just make a thread in the lounge if it's ran by forum members. You need to be a bit more specific? What's this interview about? How do you choose who gets interviewed? Will it be featured as an announcement or something? What?

• Thumbs Up 2

I think this idea is awesome! I know another forum I used to go on did a similar thing and it was a great way of getting to know members and also helped lesser known members become more integrated into the community.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, when will we be expecting news on this project's takeoff? :D

Only when the staff greenlight it. I've been waiting for them to greenlight it for a while now. They must be discussing about it still or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Only when the staff greenlight it. I've been waiting for them to greenlight it for a while now. They must be discussing about it still or something.

I just now stumbled onto this topic, but I think this is a really cool idea. I would totally like to be a part of this if it ends up happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been over a month since the last reply to this topic so I am wondering if you have heard anything in regards to a "green light" on the project yet, or anything headed in that direction. I hope you get it, because this really sounds like a great idea that would be a lot of fun!

I still haven't heard from the staff yet. D:

But I hope they remembered this idea though.

I still haven't heard from the staff yet. D:

But I hope they remembered this idea though.

Oh ok. I hope they remembered this idea too (it's too awesome not to remember!). And hopefully you will hear something from the staff soon...like something along the lines of "Yes, let's do this!" tongue.png

DO WANT. I'd love to be in on this. >:3 I'd love to do a Skype interview too, that way I could spam my guitar playing throughout too XD.

• Thumbs Up 3