Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

I'd be all for having Morales take up the mantle in a future movie, as much as I sadly doubt it would happen anytime in the near future. I've always been interested in reading his stories in particular to see how Marvel handles him, from what little I've seen he seems to be just as engaging as Peter is. But I'll probably try reading the Ultimate series from the beginning one of these days to get a clearer picture of him and its version of Peter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Miles isn't likely to be in the main role sadly, Hollywood would probably just want to stick with Peter as he's way more marketable, but it'd be pretty righteous if they do introduce him.

I'd be all for having Morales take up the mantle in a future movie, as much as I sadly doubt it would happen anytime in the near future. I've always been interested in reading his stories in particular to see how Marvel handles him, from what little I've seen he seems to be just as engaging as Peter is. But I'll probably try reading the Ultimate series from the beginning one of these days to get a clearer picture of him and its version of Peter.

Good news. Guess who is buying all the volumes from 1-180?  I am. I'll scan pages for you if you want.

• Thumbs Up 3

Haha! That sounds like a lot of work on your part though so I'll probably try to find other means to read it, but I definitely appreciate the offer.

Well, there sure as hell is no real point to read the main comics in It's current form, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...

News on the movie.

The fired Shaylene Woodley and had Mary Jane cut from the movie

Okay, what the fuck, man? 

Apparently, Green Goblin along with Rhino and Electro will be in this movie.

2868912-the_amazing_spider_man_2_fan_pos

(Not sure if this is real, but there are set pictures of a broken chamber which is kind of a cue)

He takes after Ultimate Spider-man if this is real

Just for recap, let's count the references to Ultimate Spider-man that this series has already made.

1: Uncle Ben's speech about great power comes great responsibility is word for word exactly from Ultimate Spider-man #4. He never says the phrase  "Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" and in the comics, Peter was out partying instead of running away from home.

2. Ultimate Electro appearance. Although it appears that that they changed origin as Ultimate Electro was just a hired goon of Kingpin, his look is exactly from the Ultimate comics except the comic Electro is white depowered.

3. Ultimate Rhino.

4. While he doesn't in the movie, Peter does join the basketball team in Ultimates just to piss off Flash Thompson after the latter got injured in a fight with Parker.

5. Gwen Stacey takes after Ultimate Mary Jane in personality and in role as Peter revealed to MJ in the Ultimates in issue 13 and she was the first person to know that he was Spider-man.

So I would not be surprised that Peter Parker dies eventually as they already have 2 of the Sinister Six right now.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

If the eyes were large and bulging and he had a grin that was large and toothy, it would be decent.

But we get Not!DOOM Goblin with tiny eyes and a butt-puckered mouth.

What ze feck.

Ultimategoblin-markbagley.jpg

If that is real, then they probably should get a different actor or something. I mean if they are going for the Ultimate version of Green Goblin that is.

It's fake. The URL says it's a fan poster.

/uploads/original/14/149307/2868912-the_amazing_spider_man_2_fan_poster_by_imperium_hero_d56x5gw.jpg

Thank god it is though because he looks awful.

Phew, well that's a relief... I couldn't decide which one I disliked more, Rami's Power Rangers-esque goblin or this ugly Dragon Ball Evolution knockoff.

Good.

That looked far too stupid to be real.

Nope, TAS 3 has been announced for 2016 TAS2 is still next year

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhhh my god that Electro design is kind of awful but I like the design of the Spidey suit.

I wouldn't be shocked if that fan poster turned out being true considering someone at Sony's creative department thought greenlighting the hideous interpretation of The Lizard in the original movie was a good idea.

I'm really not liking the premise of having multiple villains here. That murdered Spider-Man 3's pacing more than anything and since Amazing already did a terrible job in keeping everything cohesive as is, the thought of them throwing in more villains for the hell of it stinks of arrogance and a cheap way to raise some stakes.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Asked what Spider-Man storyline he'd like to see, Garfield says "I'd like to see him in the Avengers."

BELIEVE

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 7

As someone who has read way more Spider-Man comics then what is probably physically healthy to do, I've never understood the complaints about ASM being 'non-faithful'. It's not 100% true to the original Amazing comics, no, but as a mash-up of that, Ultimate, and now apparently the Spectacular animated series (from what I'm hearing of Electro's origin story here) I don't see anything that contradicts or really makes me feel like something is being done terribly wrong, story or character-wise.

With the exception of Uncle Ben's really rushed death scene and the apprehension/death of his killer apparently being saved for later. That whole thing just felt like an afterthought, which doesn't sit well with me as that whole ordeal is central to Peter's motivations as Spider-Man.

• Thumbs Up 2

God no. Keep the crappy non-faithful continuity out of the Cinematic Universe.

More faithful then the Rami movies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

^ No, I don't really see that either. The only thing the Raimi movies did that I felt strayed away was that Spidey's personality was less fun and jovial and more just...bland heroicness. Whenever that version tried to wisecrack, it just fell flat on its face ("Here's your change!!!").

But all in all that's a really minor nitpick since there's a lot more to this character then just quipping, and the Raimi movies showed off the rest of his personality splendidly. For me, the issue with these two different movie-verses isn't that they're "not faithful". Both versions take different elements from past iterations of the character and do their own thing with them. I don't see one version as being more faithful than the other. I also feel like every new version is a more-or-less a blank slate. They're all allowed to do their own things, so long as they don't outright contradict what the character and mythos is all about. And neither of them have really done that.