Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Sweet. Enjoyed the trailer but I wasn't blown away or anything, but the same happened with the first movie's trailers so I'll reserve judgement. I'm happy Spider-Man still has his snark in this reboot, hopefully they won't overdo and/or kill it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 2012 reboot is the shit. Garfield fits the role to a T. He has a nice balance between nerdy and "geeky cool." That movie got me back into skating! That scene where he is learning to use his powers with Coldplay in the background is cool as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this on NeoGaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692137

Now I mostly know Rhino from Spiderman games, but why doesn't he have his rhino suit or is transformed? Seems odd to me that he just looks like a normal guy. Is this pre-transformation or something? If not that would lame. Lizard already looked awful in the first movie, so if they mess up another villain I'd be really disappointed.

I just saw this on NeoGaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692137

Now I mostly know Rhino from Spiderman games, but why doesn't he have his rhino suit or is transformed? Seems odd to me that he just looks like a normal guy. Is this pre-transformation or something? If not that would lame. Lizard already looked awful in the first movie, so if they mess up another villain I'd be really disappointed.

It is Pre-Special Effects Robot Rhino.

• 1 month later...

That poster actually amped up my excitement for the movie a fair bit. It looks completely fucking insane but still grounded in it's own weird way and that's exactly what it should be. The first one seemingly had trouble deciding if it wanted to go the edgier route or embrace the comic books but I think this movie knows exactly where it's headed.

That poster looks epic! I hope this movie turns out to be better than Amazing 1, which I feel is boring as fuck, and a poorly executed film. I know I liked it a year ago, but after seeing it a couple of more times, as well as looking at analysis videos of it, I started liking the film less and less. I hope the writing and the story are improved for this film. Please, make me believe Andrew Garfield can be a good Peter Parker. The guy's a good actor, and I feel like he can work as Spider-Man, but his direction needs some work.

• Thumbs Up 2

OGWabmH.jpg

The Spider-Man costume and Electro's redesign look great, but Rhino looks terrible and I can't make out what Goblin looks like too well.

I want this movie to turn out great, Jamie Fox being casted as Electro sort of came out of left field but I'm sure he'll do great with the version he's portraying, and they got Hans Zimmer to replace James Horner, which is fine by me since Horner's work in the first film doesn't hold a candle to Elfman's in Raimi's trilogy. I just seriously hope this doesn't end up like Spider-Man 3, using too many Villains at once can seriously make the movie convoluted.

Green Goblin huh? He'll have to impress me a lot to beat Defoe, I really liked his Goblin (except the suit). Though if Goblin is coming, does anyone hear a snapping sound coming off that woman in the distance? XD

I don't think Green Goblin will be around until the end where he kills Gwen Stacey. I honestly feel that is going to happen. I am not too big on Rhino as I was expecting the Ultimate Rhino. I honestly feel Electro will still be the main villain because I've seen images of a pre-transformed Electro being saved by Spider-man from a Rhino rampage and his arc seems to be based on the obsession of power that he gains.

I don't think Green Goblin will be around until the end where he kills Gwen Stacey. I honestly feel that is going to happen.

I'm sure it will happen, there was even a picture of Emma Stone wearing the exact same outfit Gwen wore in "The Night That Gwen Stacy Died".

The Rhino design reminds me of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics and video game, and the same goes to Electro. I don't know about GG, or if that's even GG in the first place. It could be a home stretch to say that's possibly Hobgoblin, unless GG has been confirmed. Has he?

This movie is going to be spread so thin you'd not even taste it if you put it on a slice of bread.

I have no fucking idea why they think it's a good thing throwing three villains into a two hour movie when the last movie had trouble enough as is in managing one.

• Thumbs Up 7

This movie is going to be spread so thin you'd barely taste it if you put it on a slice of bread.

I have no fucking idea why they think it's a good thing throwing three villains into a two hour feature length movie when the last movie had trouble enough as is in managing one.

It's a bold move in a way. Even though I don't fully trust the writers since the first Amazing wasn't that good, I'm praying that they can salvage something on it. Hell, maybe Rhino could be just a Part 1 villain, unlike New Goblin who was written out of the plot, then conveniently brought back when the plot needed him.  

Tbh I thought the first Amazing Spiderman movie was pretty great so I don't see why anyone thought it was so awful unless if it destroys some kind of sacred piece of Spider-lore I don't know about. 

I am worried about 3 villains at once though... Uhh, wow. Hope they don't poop on the Goblin.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just a heads up that the last Spiderman film to juggle 3 villains was one of the worst things ever.

Also heads up that this is not the same series (regardless of who's behind it or not), nor does it have the same tone or feel.

And the first movie was actually good.

So.... zoom in on the poster and you might just see the design for the Green Goblin.... I don't want to spoil it and post the full image, so I'll just leave the link.

https://twitter.com/Tupacca/status/407585164575789056/photo/1/large

Dear god is it fucking terrible. I'll take Power Ranger or Ultimate Goblin any day, this is just atrocious.

I guess this adds credibility to the theory that Harry will be the Goblin this time around, it does look like Dane Dehaan.