Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

So.... zoom in on the poster and you might just see the design for the Green Goblin.... I don't want to spoil it and post the full image, so I'll just leave the link.

https://twitter.com/Tupacca/status/407585164575789056/photo/1/large

Dear god is it fucking terrible. I'll take Power Ranger or Ultimate Goblin any day, this is just atrocious.

I guess this adds credibility to the theory that Harry will be the Goblin this time around, it does look like Dane Dehaan.

Its skinny Ultimate pretty much, a bit buffed instead of giant, has the energy cyborg hand, and is insane.

And it could be either, no telling how much the serum effects him

Its skinny Ultimate pretty much, a bit buffed instead of giant, has the energy cyborg hand, and is insane.

And it could be either, no telling how much the serum effects him

It looks too similar to the New Goblin look from Spider-Man 3, problem is the haircut is laughable, and there's no mask(why not?). Maybe it'll be a good performance, but the design is really killing my optimism for Gobby in this film.

ih67.jpg

ooohzuyh4.gif

Goblin what

Is that a fucking gattling gun on Rhino

ZGFDSWGl.jpg

tumblr_mx9s5dswIH1qd140eo1_1280.jpg

ooohhhltft5.gif

Is this a movie or a fucking video game

what is this movie why does it exist

• Thumbs Up 7

So I haven't been following the news on this movie at all but I kinda have to ask, why is Rhyno a weird mech?

I'm sure Rhino (not "Rhyno") being a mech comes from the Ultimate series. Looks more imposing than the comic's fursuit methinks.

Also Gobby what r u stahp plz

So I haven't been following the news on this movie at all but I kinda have to ask, why is Rhyno a weird mech?

500px-Ultimate_Rhino.JPG

That is Ultimate Rhino or specifically David Marquez's design of the character(Bagley and Immonen used to have a less mechanical design of the character like so.

1089446-rhino_11.jpg

It still retains some elements of the 616 Universe. This Rhino decided to discard any human elements in the suit. I also would not be surprised if the 616 universe decided to get fucked and rip off another Ultimate Universe conception of a character and suddenly change them in order to make the character similar to the movie. 

And that is not Green Goblin. That is Harry Osborn and it looks fucking terrible. Holy shit, could they just kill Peter already and bring on Miles Morales. Thinking about the Green Goblin being in fact Harry Osborn annoys the piss out of me. In order for this to work, they'd have to split screen time between Electro and Harry Osborn. The Rhino is clearly the throwaway villain obviously that contributes nothing to the plot other than action scenes and Electro's development. Harry...? That is just a separate plotline that does not need to be apart of this movie or tacked on. If anything, this movie should have done nothing, but introduce a non-Goblin Harry. They are making the same damn mistakes as Raimi did except Raimi had the fucking decency to at least build Harry up over the course of three movies despite the last two being quite shit. It should have been Electro's movie and his alone. Now we have a convoluted plot that will piss a lot of fans off as one of the core strengths of the last movie was that it did follow the comic books more closely than the original. It is now taking liberties with shit that need not be fucked with. 

• Thumbs Up 4

The plot probably goes something like this, Harry is the Goblin. He transforms in order to save his father, or after his father dies. Either way, he knows who Spidey is (he's old friends with Peter, remember).His dad (Norman) probably pushes him to take a blood sample from Peter but he can't do it in time or whatever, and Norman dies. Then Harry goes on a rampage (possibly killing Gwen). At the end it turns out Norman lived and was only pulling Harry's strings in order to have a test subject of the serum.Something along those lines. When you put it that way, that probably does puts concern on Electro's arc, though he is an Oscorp employee who gets in accident and gains powers and becomes mad with it, so there is that connection. Webb has mentioned that “Oscorp is the evil empire and will always be a major player in these films.” so that does ease some concerns that it'll turn out to be another SM3, that all of the villains have a unified origin and relationship.

EDIT: Also I haven't really been keeping up with these film/thread since I've yet to see the first, but why has nobody posted the Rhino actor pics from the NeoGAF thread in the previous page. This fucking guy. He is having way too much fun hamming it up on the set with his expressions xD

*large order of ham with a side of cheese*

Rhino better be the best villain in the whole film series as a result of this.

• Thumbs Up 4

^Well at least we have a fun loving, crazy supervillian to balance it out, I think Rhino being a bit cheesy and hammy could save the movie, it looks like the actor is really enjoying himself

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember hearing that Rino is only in the first part of the movie as a sort of intro fight. His part doesn't seem nearly as big as the other two.

That aside, are we ever going to have a villain design that goes above "Ok" for this series?

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember hearing that Rino is only in the first part of the movie as a sort of intro fight. His part doesn't seem nearly as big as the other two.

That aside, are we ever going to have a villain design that goes above "Ok" for this series?

You mean for the ASM series or the entire film series? Because Dock Ock was pretty good and Venom was nice for the 7 seconds that you see him.

You mean for the ASM series or the entire film series? Because Dock Ock was pretty good and Venom was nice for the 7 seconds that you see him.

ASM.

We've had that dumbass looking Lizard, overdecorated as fuck Rhino, what the fuck is that even goblin, and Electro, who couldn't look less intimidating. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Please no, that Miles kid is dull as shit.

tumblr_mubuv0y4tz1sfahzbo1_500.gif

Excuse me? 

tumblr_mhvv4iJe5p1qeenqto1_500.png

Miles Morales is the shit. Not shit. The shit. He is character that approaches superheroics with the hesitance that any person who is saavy enough to know that getting super powers means shit gets way too real, way too fast and he handles with the grace of a 13 year old boy.

tumblr_mpa7g54Xyn1s1mz3xo1_1280.jpg

You are probably wondering why does he not go into detailed monologues or elaborate jokes. Because he is not Peter Parker. When he wise cracks, it is short and to the point.

844150tumblrm7624a6Qnz1qixteao11280.jpg

tumblr_mvg1jofvoT1soqv68o1_500.png

tumblr_msb1sloGIB1r7hjkqo1_500.jpg

And it constantly highlighted that, yes, he is a kid so he constantly speaks in Buffy-speak to understand things that a 13-14 year old would not. He stutters when he speaks, he constantly says um, and he does not have an eloquent repertoire of zippy comebacks like Peter. But when he snarks, it is hilarious.He is a different narrative than the one that is constantly being pushed in my fucking face when it comes to Spider-man. Is Miles a loser loner? No, as he has a close best friend and does not have problems with bullies despite being a nerd. Does Miles have this girl next door syndrome? Nope, he gets a girlfriend relatively easily(although due to the time-skip, you have no idea how they even got together), but not while the cast thinks he is gay with his asian best friend Ganke. Does Miles have dead parents? Nope, he has real parents that were involved in his life. Does Miles have to do deal with racism in the comic? Yes, the very first issue, he deals with an actual private school lottery that kids who wouldn't have much of a chance despite how smart they may be enter in so they have fighting chance and not end up on the streets. Not only that, Bendis did a short comic of him walking down the street after a being Spider-man going to the store buying skittles while wearing a hoodie. I'm sorry, but that is a hell of a lot more interesting than neurotic Peter Parker who constantly goes into self-depreciative episodes about how his life sucks and refuses to live up to his mantra of "Great Power, Great Responsibility" and without a doubt is the most selfish hero ever.

What makes Miles Morales or Ultimate Spider-man in general so refreshing is that it is a call back to those old stories of Spider-man that made the character so famous as he is today. The reason why I want Miles Morales in these movies is because no one knows how to get Peter Parker right anymore. Even with a good actor, the direction is always off or misleading mainly because Peter's origin is out of touch with today. I want something different if they can not do it right. 

• Thumbs Up 8

This movie is going to be spread so thin you'd not even taste it if you put it on a slice of bread.I have no fucking idea why they think it's a good thing throwing three villains into a two hour movie when the last movie had trouble enough as is in managing one.

Especially considering how well spiderman 3 went

Im still wondering what's the point of the Goblin since it seems like Electro can carry the movie just fine on his own, either way its a pretty nice trailer.

Im still wondering what's the point of the Goblin since it seems like Electro can carry the movie just fine on his own, either way its a pretty nice trailer.

Well considering there was a picture of Emma Stone wearing the exact same outfit that Gwen wore in "The night that Gwen Stacy died"....

The movie looks like a complete mess. I can't even tell what it's about, first Electro was going to be the main villain who would apparently "adore" Spider-Man and now it's just Spider-Man versus a goddamn villain factory. Is Goblin the main villain now? Also there's some teases in there hinting at Vulture and Ock, possibly for the next movie. Is Oscorp just going to be responsible now for every Spider-Man villain ever?

And lord almighty that is some god awful CGI.

• Thumbs Up 2

The first scene in the trailer when Peter is "falling" looks like a blatant green-screen effect. :/

It's kinda bad that the very first opening I thought was a video from the ASM2 VIDEO GAME then the actual movie. Speaking of which, a lot of the movie kinda looks like that, at least with the CG effects (and I GENIALITY thought it was a video game when i saw those screenshots of the trailer and even the god damn thumbnail).