Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Marc Webb's a good guy with a lot of love for the franchise from what I can see, he must know the issues of Spider-Man 3 when they stuffed too many villains in there. I'm hoping the guy has a strong story which helps support the fact Rhino, Goblin and Electro are appearing. I'm fairly sure that most of the movie is going to be about Electro though. Rhino was never a deep character really, he was always just a dim-witted thug which Spidey could laugh at who got lucky with the Rhino costume. It's likely he'll be taken care of in the first half hour of the flick.

Also I find it weird that you uphold Raimi for having to do the same thing as Webb. I listed my reasons for my hatred for Raimi several times and it had to do with things that were completely within his control versus Webb who you put down for things that are the result of Sony's intervention in his product. Raimi screwed himself as well as Sony screwed him. Nothing Sony did made Mary Jane a better or worse character. Nothing Sony did made Peter Parker out like a whiny man-child. That was Raimi.Your contention with the director lies in Sony fucking with shit and you make it out like it is his fault. He came up with the idea of Electro's transformation from Spider-man admirer to villain. Green Goblin seems like the part that was Sony wanting to throw him in(and lazily as well). It was Webb who wanted to introduce Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane only for her scenes to be edited out by Sony. It was Raimi that had Gwen Stacey as a throw it in character in Spider-man 3. So we can disagree on director quality or writers, but we can at least agree that Sony is the main problem.

If you read the post carefully you'd notice I didn't even mention Webb in it and would be giving him credit more than anything for pursuing a movie plot that could actually reflect nicely on it's predecessor and give a minor villain a chance to shine in a new light. I have less problems with Webb's directing and more of a problem with the people responsible for the screenplay and writing as their track record is abysmal. I'm not holding up Raimi any more than Webb here, even though I don't care for the latter's filmography and find that this movie's predecessor was woefully paced.

Honestly read any posts I've made in this topic and it should be blatantly clear that my big issue with this enterprise is Sony's business department generally having these movies on speed dial for the sake of preserving their license. Everything from marketing, choice of characters and scenes are structured as if they cater to the denominator that will win them the most buck for what is, if rumors and gossip is to be believed throughout these last two movies, productions that are either cheap or are mired with executive meddling, deleted scenes and marketing of elements that have no real significance in the movies themselves other than teases or easter eggs that won't end up being significant until the movie gets another sequel.

So I'm glad we can at least agree that Sony are a bunch of web heads.

• Thumbs Up 1

For one, the suit looks great, Spider-Man is Spider-Man. Good. But I absolutely despise the Ultimate Universe of Spider-Man, I prefer the 616 universe. Everything in the Ultimate universe seems backwards, inconsistent, and just.. not interesting.

I really can careless about Peters parents, I just don't care for it. They seem to be screwing things up already with the Green Goblin, and Harry and Peter's relationship. Why is Harry the GG already? Sigh. Also, this buy looks nothing like Harry, he just doesn't.

Rhino looks horrible, literally a giant mechanical Rhino. Why is he in the movie, I don't know, Electro... sigh, I like Jamie Foxx but his Electro looks horrible.

The CGI in this movie looks almost like a pre-rendered cutscene from the latest Spider-Man games. I'm not trying to be funny, it does. Spider-Man 3's CGI was miles better, and some of SM2's, yes, I just said that. I think it's mainly because they're making the movements look too unrealistically flashy. They're trying to strike a bunch of poses Spider-Man does in the comics way too much.

The Rami films used both CGI and practical effects in a very balanced way, here, it's litterally every fight or action sequence is CGI, so it's very noticeable when they make the switch. Thus, stripping immersion.

Also, the first TASM movie had no standout fight scenes at all. This will probably be meh.

I get the feeling that the mysterious man at the end of TAS was Adrian Toomes(AKA the Vulture), and that the new trailer hall with gear could be in ravencroft..... on the other hand it could be Mysterio

Rhino looks horrible, literally a giant mechanical Rhino. Why is he in the movie, I don't know, 

Well we haven't seen him that well. We've only seen his upperbody in the totally confusing teaser poster, and in this trailer we've only seen his "head."

And apparently he's in the movie as a minor villain, but only to open his way for a bigger role in ASM3 or something like that. 

Which I'm glad. 

cus paul giamatti maaaaaan.

All the imitators trying to rush in and compete with Marvel...............when will they realize that they can't because Marvel actually took their time to build up theirs?

All the imitators trying to rush in and compete with Marvel...............when will they realize that they can't because Marvel actually took their time to build up theirs?

Who's saying that Sony's rushing?

We have no idea when these films are coming out.

All this just screams of trying to cash in on Marvel's success, so it's not the worst assumption in the world to assume they're gonna rush.  

The thought of Sony competing with Marvel in the "Cinematic Universe" competition with their OWN FRANCHISES amuses me.

• Thumbs Up 7

All this just screams of trying to cash in on Marvel's success, so it's not the worst assumption in the world to assume they're gonna rush.  

Didn't people have this problem with DC's announcement of their own Cinematic Universe?

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to these films.

After all, Venom getting his own film after the mis-steps that SM3 took? Hell yeah!

Though I'd look forward to both and of course Venom has been in the pipeline for a while, it's really stupid to go ahead and give these films a greenlight before we've even established a real universe in the new Spidey flicks. We don't have six villains yet obviously, and I'd rather not see the symbiote storyline completely skipped over immediately for Venom himself. 

How many times can they draw out this stupid reoccurring joke that Peter returns home after being reckless with Aunt May having a fit over it? The poor old woman is probably rolling in her sleep. I'm surprised she hasn't fucking locked Peter up at this point. She's so throwaway in these movies and contributes to nothing.

Trailer is marginally better than the previous one, mostly cause it cuts out the untold origin crap and focuses on what the movie wants to be. Half of the shots still look like they're out of a video game though.

I must say, I really like the new Spiderman suit. It seems much more authentic than Toby Maguire's or Garfield's first one, right down to the fact that it's not laser tight like the previous two. At the end of the day, they over complicated the previous ones, but this one is exactly what the Spidey suit should be like.

Who's saying that Sony's rushing?

We have no idea when these films are coming out.

Errr, This is quite invigorating, but I'd be lying if the "Cash-In" bells weren't going off in my head as well.

On the one hand, I have so far, loved the Amazing Spider-Man and do look forward to the sequel, so expanding on that world does house a lot of promise. On the other hand though, this could very easily careen into a state of heavy filler and stagnation.

See, with the Marvel Cinematic universe, you had several franchises being brought together; in way akin to worlds being joined together, so you'd be constantly kept guessing what the threat could be, while in turn creating a "Pangea" of the franchises that would only grow and grow.

Now pardon me if I sound pessimistic, as pre-OMD/media Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero, but in expanding the Spidey cinematic universe, I get more the feeling of a tree branching as opposed to actual world expansion. Now this is partly because everything's pretty much going to have start from the main Spider-man movie series and unlike the Justice League - Man of Steel method (by the way, the sequel's getting a bit too crowded at this point) I get the feeling that each spin-off installment might not really get to be it's own thing so much as a planet that revolves around the focul point that is Spider-man, since well, it's pretty much just a world of one franchise.

I'm by no means against this.I just feel the "expansions" might be doomed to the status of "Lackluster Cash-In", especially when you consider that the villains already got a good portion of the movies to themselves as it is; Venom in Spider-Man 3 notwithstanding.

So in my head, Electro is working with Goblin. And Rhino and a group of Russians seem to be freelance terrorists by the looks of things.

So if Electro and Goblin are in cohorts, the only part I'm worried about is them screwing up is Rhino, unless Osborn recruits him too.

That's my speculation.

What made marvel have their successes with the avengers was that they actually planned and took their time while everybody else is just trying to cash in on the avengers while not realizing why marvel did so well

I'm on the fence with this one(but the Spidey suit looks spot-on), my friend is eager to get me to see it, but I think they are presenting too many characters this time around. (SM3 echoooooesss)

I'm actually liking how the special effects look in this film.  Just how kinetic, alive and stylised it all looks as though it came out of a comic or video game.  Some people would argue that to be a bad thing but I personally would disagree.  I'm looking at shots such as this one and think they look really cool.

iVBypFiQOBKJ7.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm actually liking how the special effects look in this film.  Just how kinetic, alive and stylised it all looks as though it came out of a comic or video game.  Some people would argue that to be a bad thing but I personally would disagree.  I'm looking at shots such as this one and think they look really cool.

iVBypFiQOBKJ7.gif

Yeah well the one(two things) thing that's tellin' me "PLEASE GO SEE IT" was this scene from the trailers and Zoids Rhino :3

Wow, Russians are very commonly antagonistic in filmography, aren't they? Indy 4, Iron Man 2, TASM2. I'm probably missing a hell of a load of others...