Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Super Bowl commercial

http://youtu.be/kK_Ru3Vx2ds

For once I'm not going to complain about how the movie looks, this ad is pretty decent (and too short to dissect anyway, save for the redundant trailer cliché of putting Gwen saying basically the same thing directly after Peter). If this was all there is to it I'd have no problem but... it's not.

Why is Sony's marketing department so terrible at keeping major reveals and scenes under wraps? This was a problem even back with Spider-Man 3. I have this nagging sense that once I leave the theaters, I'll have felt like I've already seen the entire movie months prior.

We get it Sony. You want people to see Spider-Man. Your movie business is performing abysmally, Spider-Man is the only good thing you've got going for it and it's already going to be swimming in box office grosses by the time it comes out. Save some surprises for the movie for crying out loud, you've potentially already given us the end-credits stinger in the trailers and it feels like I've already seen this movie's most significant moments if only because the same was practically done for the last movie.

It's so bizarre to think that just a little under a year ago, Iron Man 3 could have just two or even three promotional trailers that had some big action scenes yet didn't even show a fraction of the movie's real plot and ended up having one of the most shocking yet satisfying twists in comic book movie history simply because they knew how to be conservative. In comparison this alone isn't even the whole trailer. It still wants to show more, even after the plethora of posters, promotional material and so on showing twists/turns that could have left the audience talking about it for days if they kept it under wraps, which just really strikes of desperation.

I have low expectations even if I hope it's at least good, but the satisfaction is just taken away with these. Audiences like being surprised, not being strung along by JJ Abrams tier mystery box bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 6

Let's just hope the three villains shtick is done right this time.

Well apart from the trailer giving away 90% of the movie's plot, it got me sufficiently hyped. I'm looking forward to the film now, I just hope the villains are handled well. At least it seems Electro is still the main bad guy.

To quote Wraith in the statuses: "can't hold all this spidey footage. i almost feel like i've seen half the movie at this point"

I mean seriously unless there is some sort of Shaymalan-esque bullshit twist they're keeping under wraps (DOC OCK ENTERS THE FRAY AND SWITCHES BODIES WITH PETER LULZ XDDDDD1); the trailers have more or less spelled out all the major plot threads of this movie.

Though I will give the movie credit for showing Jamie Foxx with a wig that makes him look sillier than he does as Electro. Almost as silly, anyway.

The enemies unite webiste also brings in another plot point and spoils it. It's not even restricted to the trailers. Next thing you know we'll see Gwen Stacy's corpse on the front page of google or some shit.

Am I the only one who had a feeling that Sony's actually still legitimately hiding something from us?

• Thumbs Up 1

And the part of Electrically super powered Edward Nygma will be played by Jamie Foxx. Seriously this poor character motivation surpasses the Lizards easily.

"Spider-Man why don't you remember my name"

"You lieeeeed to meeeeeeee"

fucking lol

Good trailer but that's the dumbest villain motivation I've ever seen in these movies thus far

There's probably more to it than that, but yeah that part got me cracking up, lol. Max's got some deep-seated issues haha. 

Man that trailer got me so hyped up though, can't wait for this movie. Still got the poster for the first one up on my wall. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't seen the previous film (have seen the Raimi trilogy though), but damn why does this look like a videogame? The CGI is almost as bad as Spiderman 1 and that came out in 2002! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here, but it just looks way too flashy. Not to mention Sony spoiling almost everything in the trailer. Oh and unless they can pull it off this might end up being another Spiderman 3 and we don't want that to happen.

Am I the only one who had a feeling that Sony's actually still legitimately hiding something from us?

I think what Carbo posted is what they're hiding and even that was put in a trailer! XD

When a fucking trailer is pretty much a summary of the entire movie, you are doing it wrong. Holy shit. Why should I even watch this anymore?

You shouldn't. You should wait until the movie is on DVD in the five dollar bargain bin like I did the first one. Then it'll almost be worth the money spent to watch

Thanks movie trailer for giving away most of the movie. Now there's no point in really seeing it. I saw the first one and thought it was just ok, so I can't say I'm anxious on seeing the second one.

Aha! I knew they were still hiding something! Alistair Smythe is in this film too! No, seriously:

Marc Webb Reveals B.J. Novak's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Character
Source: Marc Webb
February 3, 2014

spider-slayer22.jpg

The subject of much speculation from fans, and previously teased by the actor himself, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb seemingly revealed on Twitter this afternoon that B.J. Novak is playing none other than Alistair Smythe in the upcoming sequel.

The son of the "Spider Slayer" creator Spencer Smythe, Alistair went on to be just as formidable a foe for the webhead as his father and has even been previously teased on the viral website for the upcoming movie. It remains to be seen what Smythe's involvement will be in the film's overall plot, but given Oscorp's relationship with the villains of the series, we're going to wager a guess that he might be working on something for them. Sound off with your thoughts below!

Opening in theaters on May 2, 2014, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field, Chris Cooper, and Sarah Gadon.

file_180647_1_bj_novak_625.jpg

Read more: Marc Webb Reveals B.J. Novak's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Character - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114362#ixzz2sO4kJprJ
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

Another villain?! Oh, come on now... Three villains are more than enough. What are they trying to accomplish with this?

Breaking the record? I mean, Batman & Robin and Spider-Man 3 had 3 villains.tongue.png

I severely doubt Alistair Smythe is going to be anything more than a background character they're introducing now with a few lines so they can build onto him in future instalments, which will inevitably end with him in "Spider Slayer" mode. It's just world building.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is kind of hilarious to me simply because Smythe appears in the first movie's game as the main villain, and, well.

He kinda 

died. :V

I'm not angry about this or anything, though. It's not like the Raimi trilogy-based games were acknowledged by the movies. It's just a bit more odd in this case because the game's story was set after the events of the movie, instead of being an adaptation of the movie's story like the old ones were.

I can't wait for May 2nd, this film has me pumped. I thought the first one was good, it had its flaws but I actually felt like I was watching a Spider-Man movie unlike the Raimi trilogy.

I'll be really disappointed if Harry offs Gwen though. I'm sorry but its gotta be Norman that does it.