Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Oh, wow. That's just abysmal. Who the hell actually thought that shot didn't come off as looking completely ridiculous?!

You never know what you had until it's gone. Raimi's Gobbie is looking pretty awesome right now!

Id take "power rangers villain" over "deranged hobo in green" any day, personally.

• Thumbs Up 3

You never know what you had until it's gone. Raimi's Gobbie is looking pretty awesome right now!

Pffft. It always looked awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

And once again, we have another unspectacular Goblin. Can't say I didn't see it coming though.

Maybe the writing will be good enough to make up for it

And once again, we have another unspectacular Goblin. Can't say I didn't see it coming though.

Maybe the writing will be good enough to make up for it

This is the same studio who thought changing up the origin story, including changing up the circumstances of Uncle Ben's death and making it so Peter Parker was always 'destined' to be Spider-Man (and thus adhering to the Hero's Journey rigidly like so many bad writers have done) was a great idea.

Yeah, I don't really have much confidence in that.

Pfffft. And I thought Raimi's Gobbie was bad...

There are people actually defending this by saying it's Proto Goblin or that he is not yet fully transformed into Green Goblin at this point. Uh...no, I don't think that's happening. =] Also, how many villains are in this again? Three? Oh boy...

Pfffft. And I thought Raimi's Gobbie was bad...

There are people actually defending this by saying it's Proto Goblin or that he is not yet fully transformed into Green Goblin at this point. Uh...no, I don't think that's happening. =] Also, how many villains are in this again? Three? Oh boy...

I don't think the number of villains is the issue.

I just hope they're done well.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mf5v242D2k1qm2fi3o1_250.gif

There is no reason why you can literally spend so much fucking money on making a sweet Electro, but can't be assed to do something with the Goblin. Holy shit, that is horrible.

Again, like I said, Arkham Asylum Joker (without the bleached skin and makeup) as Green Goblin. I think it actually makes this fanmade poster of the Goblin shown ten pages back look threatening and subtle.

2868912-the_amazing_spider_man_2_fan_pos

I think Sony's become so desperate to keep away the nightmares of them losing the Spider-Man movie license to Marvel to the point that they've resorted to smoking weed to keep themselves awake at night.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping that they don't fuck with the origin story like they did in Spider-Man 3.

So in case you were hoping Sony were kidding around about Sinister Six and Venom movies, they're not. In fact, they're going try and release a new Spider-Man movie every single goddamn year. 

"We are expanding the Spider-Man universe into the Sinister Six and Venom, so that we have Spider-Man movies every year"

A Spider-Man movie every year?! And I thought Warner Bros. was the desperate one...

The sense of impending sequelitis feels strong with this one, I assume it won't be long now until Sony fucks up so hard (or fucks up one too many times) that as punishment they'll be forced to hand the rights (back) to Marvel Studios...

So in case you were hoping Sony were kidding around about Sinister Six and Venom movies, they're not. In fact, they're going try and release a new Spider-Man movie every single goddamn year. 

Sounds like Amazing Spider-Man with Sony is becoming the new "Sonic Team Sonic" of the film industry. =P

Having a new Spider-Man film can only end up being disastrous to the brand.

If they go this route its only a matter of time before this franchise stops making money, and the rights inevitably revert back to Marvel.

Despite what happened to Spectacular Spider-Man the tv series, reverting back to Marvel Studios sounds like a mighty good thing/option for film Spider-Man at the moment.

So uh, new trailer? I think it is. Electro-themed edition. Think this was the trailer Symbotic posted but it was pulled (video link is dead) for being leaked a couple of weeks earlier than it should have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmuw9QPEKE

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=95738

However, Webb is well aware of the concerns over crowding the movie with too many bad guys. "We're obviously familiar with the complaints people had We're very careful to make sure the stories intertwine. For Peter Parker, it's very important that you create obstacles that are difficult to overcome." He would then add that The Rhino is, "in the movie for four minutes."

I would like to say that this is a good thing but really all it confirms to me is that Sony must wear a legendarily massive dunce cap