Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

For the most part I'm fine with Spider-Man being at Sony, but then when I see stuff like this Green Goblin, I can't help but wonder how this franchise would be if it was back at Marvel. I don't like how Harry will be the first Green Goblin in this universe. Harry doesn't become the Green Goblin until much later in the series. Norman should be the one to kill Gwen not Harry.

I'm not sure Norman, or Harry in this case would be dumb enough to have the Oscorp name stamped on his costume. So much for secret identity. Is it really that hard to make an accurate screen representation of the Green Goblin.

Him not wearing a mask or a helmet of some kind makes no sense, he flies around on a Glider for crying out loud. I could get behind the armor if it had some purple in it, but it still needs a mask. If his face had more green in it, and he wore a purple sock hat I could dig it. I'd take Raimi's Ranger Goblin over this any day, and I hate the Raimi trilogy.

MovieBob did a pretty good video about the story tropes of this new series now that the new TMNT is practically retreading the very same ones.

Despite my better judgement I'll probably be seeing this on opening day. I'm looking forward to the action more than anything since there's really not a lot to chew on any more. The latest trailer was said to be the "final" one, and despite that Sony are still releasing uncut clips from the actual movie, including Harry meeting Electro.

• Thumbs Up 1

This movie is actually a thing that is going to happen. Like. Actually a thing. That's being made. With money and actors.

O that I would've died before this day had come

REPENT

REPENT ;A;

Um, can I just say the idea of a Sinister Six movie actualy sounds interesting to me, and I really, really hope they bring in mysterio

I mean, we are FINALY getting a Marvel movie based around the VILLIANS for once, who tend to be some of the more dynamic characters in the marvel universe

Also, if Stacy does die, and they brought in Mysterio for TAS3, just imagine how much he would mess with Spideys head, thats one of his skills ya know

If it's anything like all those ~plans~ for spinoffs of the Raimi trilogy, we'll probably never see it, anyway. :P

Also, if Stacy does die, and they brought in Mysterio for TAS3, just imagine how much he would mess with Spideys head, thats one of his skills ya know

YES! I would love for this to happen, Mysterio's probably my favourite villain.

A shame there's no chance of him being played by Bruce Campbell anymore though ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't Spider-Man villains already get a good portion of the actual films to themselves? Why make an entire film centered around them?

Don't Spider-Man villains already get a good portion of the actual films to themselves? Why make an entire film centered around them?

I'm just guessing here, but I believe Sony is in the mentality that, since Venom is one of Spider Man's most famous rouges, it would make sense to make a spin off of him.

As for the Sinister Six... I THINK it's probably because there in the mentality that 'well, if we can't plug in a lot of villains for a movie without it being too overcrowded, like Spider-Man 3, and we want to introduce these new villains as quickly as possible, let's just make a spin off about it instead." 

Like I said, that's what I'm thinking at least. I'm not sure what to make of this though. 

That and using all available calls they can pull from keeping their golden goose away from Marvel Studios/Disney's hands.

Ugh, it just seems so pointless and a waste of  a film. What are you going to do? Pull a Secret Six with them?

Ugh, it just seems so pointless and a waste of  a film. What are you going to do? Pull a Secret Six with them?

I feel the same way. I'd love to see the Sinister Six as the villains in a Spider-Man film, but I can't see how a stand alone film with them as the main characters is supposed to work. Who do you root for, Spider-Man or the Sinister Six? Might as well make it another sequel in this series. Which in a sense it will be, just in the perspective of the villains I guess.

Sony at one time had both Spider-Man and Ghost Rider franchises under their roof, Ghost Rider has since reverted back to Marvel after "Spirit of Vengeance". While the Ghost Rider films weren't exactly grade A material, I did enjoy them, and part of me wishes that Sony had gotten both Spider-Man and Ghost Rider in a film together, creating their own mini Marvel Universe. If done right it could've been awesome.

First reviews are in, for a (tentative) consensus of 88% on the Tomatometer and 58 on Metacritic. Common at this point opinion seems to be that it's decent, but largely hampered by tangled plot threads. It's better received on RT than the first, but more poorly received on Meta.

Speaking as someone who was hoping for a trainwreck, they better not have wimped out and made a good film instead >:U

Hm. I'm assuming more mixed/critical reviews when it gets a more general release. I'm expecting it to be have a somewhat better aggregate score than the first film.

Um, can I just say the idea of a Sinister Six movie actualy sounds interesting to me, and I really, really hope they bring in mysterio

I mean, we are FINALY getting a Marvel movie based around the VILLIANS for once, who tend to be some of the more dynamic characters in the marvel universe

I'm gonna be a dissenter here..

I'd like to see a sinister six movie..Just maybe now by them...

So far, even if Sony has only one movie under their belt, the Raimi-verse is superior for me...and I HATED spider-man 3 honestly.

And looking how clusterfuck the 2nd one could be and I don't think they can unify and characterize the sinister six well....

...don't get me wrong, I'd LOVED to eat my own words and see a great sinister six movie..

I won't forget how much of a hardcore disappointment the first movie of this new series was..

The current RT rating is going to inevitably shoot down as more reviews pop if going by the current impressions. The current ratio has me believe it'll be... okay. But I've seen some more extreme downhills before (Iron Man 3 originally got certified fresh with a glowing consensus at 90%-ish, but shot down to 78%. Kick-Ass 2 was even more extreme starting off at 60% or so and fell down to 28%). I'm going to take a guess that it'll simmer down to around 70%.

Looks to me like the film is getting very mixed reviews. I'm checking IMDB's ASM2 message board and most of the people who saw it at the premiere say it was disappointing. But it is mixed since some people enjoyed it too. *shrug*

Oh and

Gwen does die at the end.

Oh and

Welp

WELP

Well, way to go on eliminating one of the few things these films did right

This is going to be an interesting opening week to say the least

Looks to me like the film is getting very mixed reviews. I'm checking IMDB's ASM2 message board and most of the people who saw it at the premiere say it was disappointing. But it is mixed since some people enjoyed it too. *shrug*

Oh and

Everyone was expecting that to happen. Guess they were serious about introducing Mary Jane and staying faithful to the comics in that rite.

Edited by Carbo

^ You should probably spoiler that, Jova, even if it isn't much of a surprise. It's obvious what you're referring to.

Everyone was expecting that to happen. Guess they were serious about introducing Mary Jane and staying faithful to the comics in that rite.

They did not stay faithful to the comics at all.