goku262002

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

Saw the film twice, I didn't love it but I didn't hate either. I enjoyed it more after a second viewing.

I loved Electro, if he only was handled a little better. Green Goblin still looks awful to me, Harry really should have only been introduced in this movie saving the Goblin for another film though.

Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man! How anybody can prefer Tobey Maguire and still won't him in the role is beyond me. The relationship between Andrew's Peter and Emma's Gwen is always a joy to watch, it really is unfortunate what happens but it was inevitable.

Web-slinging has never looked better, it really is a rush to watch Spidey swing around and do his thing.

I didn't like how Dr. Kafka is presented here. First off Kafka is a woman not a man. The Dr. Kafka I know generally cares about her patients at Ravencroft and does not perform experiments on them. Of course I only Dr. Kafka from the 90's series and The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I'm fairly certain the Kafka in the movie is nothing like the one in the comics.

I definitely could have done without The Spectacular Spider-Kid. I knew I was gonna hate that scene when I saw Spider-Kid in the trailers and pics. Its just cheesy and something you would see happen in the Raimi films.

Overall I liked the film, I feel there are definitely somethings that happen in the film that would've been done in an MCU film and fans would eat it up no problem. But since this isn't a Marvel Studios film it gets a lot of hate for that reason alone. But, It's a fun film, if you love Spider-Man you will like this movie. I just wish there was less focus on setting up the Sinister Six movie, hopefully TASM3 has a better script.

I saw it tonight and holy fucking shit, this movie is unfocused. There is too much shit going on and for once, it had nothing to do with amount of villains. It had everything to do with the amount of fucking storylines.There is just too much going on. Harry has his own thing. Electro had his own thing. The Mystery of his parents. Oh my God. Why? This cast is so good, The acting is soooo good. Everybody played their roles. But I am sitting there in the movie theater just wondering every so often...why is that scene there? Why does Peter all of sudden care about this when that just happened? It had nothing to do with the romance as that was great. It was everything else trying to cram in the fucking movie. MAN!. Damn. What the fuck? And I stayed after the credits and...

X-Men!? I was genuinely shocked. So in an effort to keep the properties, they are using the X-Men and Spider-man in the same universe? That is sad and easily seen as a pathetic attempt to market of the Avengers craze. And I fucking hate the X-Men.  I can't even think of any story of Spider-man that was good and it involved the X-Men.

And they already crammed enough shit in this movie to last three movies. There was hints of Felicia Hardy. This movie is just a mess. Stop it, Sony. Just stop. I love Andrew Garfield as Spider-man. I love Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey. Aunt May actress killed it, but there is just too much. Damn! 

X-Men!? I was genuinely shocked. So in an effort to keep the properties, they are using the X-Men and Spider-man in the same universe? That is sad and easily seen as a pathetic attempt to market of the Avengers craze. And I fucking hate the X-Men.  I can't even think of any story of Spider-man that was good and it involved the X-Men.

There's not going to be a crossover. Marc Webb was meant to direct a sequel to 500 Days of Summer for Fox however he decided to direct more Spider-Man films instead. As a compromise he's advertising X-Men: Days of Future Past for them.

There's not going to be a crossover. Marc Webb was meant to direct a sequel to 500 Days of Summer for Fox however he decided to direct more Spider-Man films instead. As a compromise he's advertising X-Men: Days of Future Past for them.

Well that is lame and breath of fresh air at the same time. But still, unfocused movie is still unfocused.

Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man! How anybody can prefer Tobey Maguire and still won't him in the role is beyond me.

I don't know, maybe it's because there are people that like Tobey more than Andrew? Maybe they're people that would actually rather prefer both than one or the other, which is where you can put me in the crowd that enjoys both Tobey AND Andrew as Spider-Man.

The RT score is now at a 54 "rotten" percent. Consensus: "While the cast is outstanding and the special effects are top-notch, the latest installment of the Spidey saga suffers from an unfocused narrative and an overabundance of characters." Audience reception is at 75% though.

I got to enjoy some of the movie's stupidity a bit more, but with the American critics seeing it now and the RT plummeting pretty badly it doesn't look like anyone is thinking much about this even when compared to it's predecessor, so I guess in the long run the incredible skepticism was vindicated.

If Carbo had a dollar for every prediction he made that was spot on the money...

I think now it's just a matter of time to see how hard word-of-mouth impacts the movie's box office intake.

The movie opened in the American Box Office at $92 million the last weekend. It's one of the better domestic debuts of this year, but it's the worst performing weekend opening for a Spider-Man movie by a pretty sizable margin, even with the inflated ticket prices and 3D taxes. Despite the extreme marketing there seems to be some franchise fatigue, and surprisingly enough despite initial predictions to the contrary, it didn't outperform The Winter Soldier, which opened at $95 million during the much harsher April month and set a new record for a weekend opening in that month.

It's doing reasonably better overseas though and Sony seem pleased with the results so far. Despite breaking even on the budget though, the movie allegedly has to make more than it's predecessor to make any successful returns which puts the target at around $800-900 million. Overall, doing good enough but not that particularly impressive at the moment.

Well that's a bummer. :/

Sigh. Maybe they'll try harder next time to get people back. I dunno. At least the new Captain America is supposedly good so I can't be too upset about it getting the edge.

So if you haven't heard, Andrew Garfield has been trying his damnest to get Miles Morales to be the next Spider-man series. He has been on it since before the first movie launched. Of course, this is just his wish, but of course, the producers of the franchise flat out rejected the idea.

Are Miles Morales (“Ultimate Spider-Man”), Ben Reilly (clone Spider-Man) or Miguel O’Hara (“Spider-Man 2099″) on the table? If you want a Spider-Man movie every year why not bring in some of the other variations?

Tolmach: No.

Arad: No. The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside – who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today’s world in many ways. But to have multiple ones… I don’t know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man.

So Spider-Man in the cinematic realm will always be Peter Parker?

Arad: Absolutely

Tolmach: As far as we’re concerned. The guys who take it over after us… Who knows…

Well there goes any money I have in this franchise produced by Sony. As much as I hate what Marvel is doing with 616 Peter, Disney needs to cough up the cash and buy this franchise off these chumps. You don't mind changing a villain's ethnicity and race, but when it comes to the actual protagonist or a protagonist with a well-received story, nope! And asshole, people did not like the Clone Sage because it was overly convoluted and was fucking confusing. No one knew which Peter Parker clone was the actual clone and which was the real deal. Not to mention that it lasted several years. Ben Reilly was not the problem. And that problem does not extend to Miguel O'Hara or Miles Morales as the latter is a fucking success and Miguel is more of a spin-off. 

So if you haven't heard, Andrew Garfield has been trying his damnest to get Miles Morales to be the next Spider-man series. He has been on it since before the first movie launched. Of course, this is just his wish, but of course, the producers of the franchise flat out rejected the idea.

Well there goes any money I have in this franchise produced by Sony. As much as I hate what Marvel is doing with 616 Peter, Disney needs to cough up the cash and buy this franchise off these chumps. You don't mind changing a villain's ethnicity and race, but when it comes to the actual protagonist or a protagonist with a well-received story, nope! And asshole, people did not like the Clone Sage because it was overly convoluted and was fucking confusing. No one knew which Peter Parker clone was the actual clone and which was the real deal. Not to mention that it lasted several years. Ben Reilly was not the problem. And that problem does not extend to Miguel O'Hara or Miles Morales as the latter is a fucking success and Miguel is more of a spin-off. 

Eh, I don't wanna see anybody else under the mask. If its not Peter Parker then it's simply not Spider-Man to me, everyone is else is a faker. Same goes for Batman, Iron Man, and whatever other superheroes that had someone else put on the mask. We haven't even scratched the surface of Pete's rogues gallery in the films, so whats the hurry in replacing him?

I'd rather see a Spider-Man 2099 film before they make one about Miles Morales, it's got nothing to do with racism as I'm Hispanic much like Miguel and Miles. Neither will happen though simply because the general audience has no idea who the hell Miguel O'Hara or Miles Morales are. You're mistaken if you think Marvel will develop a Miles Spidey film when the rights inevitably revert, as they no doubt will wanna take a spin with Peter in their universe. If Miles happens it'll be much much later.

I will say this though. I really can't stand the arrogant attitudes that come off in interviews with Arad and Tolmach. They act like they own the character outright and its annoying. You guys are merely renting the franchise from Marvel and are on borrowed time. Now I'm in no hurry for Spider-Man to revert back to Marvel Studios, simply because I don't think all of Marvel's movies are that great, and I'm pretty contempt with what Sony's doing with the franchise currently, it's not perfect but neither is the MCU. Still not sure how I feel about the Sinister Six movie though. Do I want to see Spidey join The Avengers? It would be cool, but I'd rather just have Spider-Man exist in the same Marvel Universe. Funny thing is this series was almost in continuity with the MCU, but for whatever the reason the Oscorp building never made it into the skyline in The Avengers due to the design not being finished in time. I think it is still is in spirit though, the technology seen in TASM films and the MCU is virtually the same. But reading interviews with these guys really makes me wish Marvel would just pull the rug out from underneath Sony sometimes.

Eh, I don't wanna see anybody else under the mask. If its not Peter Parker then it's simply not Spider-Man to me, everyone is else is a faker. Same goes for Batman, Iron Man, and whatever other superheroes that had someone else put on the mask. We haven't even scratched the surface of Pete's rogues gallery in the films, so whats the hurry in replacing him?

I'd rather see a Spider-Man 2099 film before they make one about Miles Morales, it's got nothing to do with racism as I'm Hispanic much like Miguel and Miles. Neither will happen though simply because the general audience has no idea who the hell Miguel O'Hara or Miles Morales are. You're mistaken if you think Marvel will develop a Miles Spidey film when the rights inevitably revert, as they no doubt will wanna take a spin with Peter in their universe. If Miles happens it'll be much much later.

As for the first point, I don't think anyone's in a hurry to kill of Peter, comrade. People genuinely like Miles; not because of his race, not because of the costume, but because he's a likable character. I'm hispanic myself, and I can tell you I wouldn't give a crap about Miles if he wasn't a good character first, and a good Spider-Man. I love the Parkers, and I love Pete, but I won't deny that what Miles brings to the table as a person could mean as much to me as Pete does. If you've come thinking that (though more kindly worded) all Miles was meant for was to bring a new demographic to the comic stand as some sort of hispanic Pete, then you've either massively misunderstood the connection people have made with this character or have otherwise not read his stories. 

As for the second, again, I'm not sure that anybody thought Marvel would try for it if they got the chance to. But you'll always have people hoping; it's hard to truly crush the appeal of a good character.

At least, this is as far as I go. I'm not sure I speak for everybody.

Saw the film yesterday. It was pretty good, but not totally outstanding. Here's my thoughts on it:

What I thought was good:

*The actors. Everyone did an excellent job working with the script they were given.

*Electro was freaking awesome

*Dane Dehaan as Green Goblin was also freaking awesome

*Emma Stone is too hot

*Soundtrack was awesome

*Marc Webb has the romance thing down. Not surprising coming from the guy who directed 500 Days of Summer.

The plot was kinda messy. It was a clusterfuck, but not in the way we thought it was going to be, since the Rhino is barely in the film. I felt like Green Goblin should have been saved for a later film (but still introduce Harry in this film), since his turn to Green Goblin would have been more impacting that way. Nonetheless, his transformation was still believable and his performance was incredible, as I totally bought into the emotions that he was experiencing.

I felt like they shouldn't have shoved Rhino in at the end. I understand that that's probably Sony to blame rather than Webb, but I felt like the plot should have focused entirely on Electro and his threat, and then have Harry discover his illness at the very end to setup the next film.

I also felt like the way the last third of the movie was setup is rather strange. Here we see Spidey and Electro having what feels like the big climactic battle, and I'm just sitting there like ok so the trailer showed Green Goblin and Rhino, where the fuck are they. And right after Electro's dealt with, Green Goblin literally just flies into the scene to extend the movie. Now, I don't have a problem with how Dane performed, as I think Dane Dehaan did an incredible job. I just have a problem with how the character was handled, since we barely see him showing off what he can do with his new power suit and glider.

The motivations for the villains were rather weak.

Electro's motivation: "You LIED to me!!!!"

Green Goblin's motivation: "You didn't give me hope!!!!"

Regardless of how Harry/Goblin was handled, I did enjoy the sequence where he frees Electro and forces that Oscorp guy to show him where the spider venom was.

I don't have much else to say; basically everything about the film was great except the story itself. The whole last act of the movie was just anti-climactic because it's literally just:

*epic fight with Electro that is believable as the movie's big climax

*Green Goblin literally flies into the scene to extend the movie and a less-epic fight occurs

*some stuff happens

*Rhino is shoved in at the very very end

When it should have been:

*epic fight with Electro that IS the movie's big climax (Gwen still dies, Harry isn't the Green Goblin yet)

*Harry discovers his terminal illness, the end

Also the trailers are terrible and are very misleading. The lines "We have you on video surveillance", "NOTHING is what I thought it was", "We can change EVERYTHING", are NOT in the film AT ALL. The trailer makes it look like Electro, Green Goblin, and Rhino are there to fuck shit up, while in the actual film it was just Electro and Green Goblin, with Rhino not even in the story at all (but shoehorned in with no plot relevance).

Saw the film yesterday. It was pretty good, but not totally outstanding. Here's my thoughts on it:

What I thought was good:

*The actors. Everyone did an excellent job working with the script they were given.

*Electro was freaking awesome

*Dane Dehaan as Green Goblin was also freaking awesome

*Emma Stone is too hot

*Soundtrack was awesome

*Marc Webb has the romance thing down. Not surprising coming from the guy who directed 500 Days of Summer.

The plot was kinda messy. It was a clusterfuck, but not in the way we thought it was going to be, since the Rhino is barely in the film. I felt like Green Goblin should have been saved for a later film (but still introduce Harry in this film), since his turn to Green Goblin would have been more impacting that way. Nonetheless, his transformation was still believable and his performance was incredible, as I totally bought into the emotions that he was experiencing.

I felt like they shouldn't have shoved Rhino in at the end. I understand that that's probably Sony to blame rather than Webb, but I felt like the plot should have focused entirely on Electro and his threat, and then have Harry discover his illness at the very end to setup the next film.

I also felt like the way the last third of the movie was setup is rather strange. Here we see Spidey and Electro having what feels like the big climactic battle, and I'm just sitting there like ok so the trailer showed Green Goblin and Rhino, where the fuck are they. And right after Electro's dealt with, Green Goblin literally just flies into the scene to extend the movie. Now, I don't have a problem with how Dane performed, as I think Dane Dehaan did an incredible job. I just have a problem with how the character was handled, since we barely see him showing off what he can do with his new power suit and glider.

The motivations for the villains were rather weak.

Electro's motivation: "You LIED to me!!!!"

Green Goblin's motivation: "You didn't give me hope!!!!"

Regardless of how Harry/Goblin was handled, I did enjoy the sequence where he frees Electro and forces that Oscorp guy to show him where the spider venom was.

I don't have much else to say; basically everything about the film was great except the story itself. The whole last act of the movie was just anti-climactic because it's literally just:

*epic fight with Electro that is believable as the movie's big climax

*Green Goblin literally flies into the scene to extend the movie and a less-epic fight occurs

*some stuff happens

*Rhino is shoved in at the very very end

When it should have been:

*epic fight with Electro that IS the movie's big climax (Gwen still dies, Harry isn't the Green Goblin yet)

*Harry discovers his terminal illness, the end

Also the trailers are terrible and are very misleading. The lines "We have you on video surveillance", "NOTHING is what I thought it was", "We can change EVERYTHING", are NOT in the film AT ALL. The trailer makes it look like Electro, Green Goblin, and Rhino are there to fuck shit up, while in the actual film it was just Electro and Green Goblin, with Rhino not even in the story at all (but shoehorned in with no plot relevance).

I don't know if it's fair to say Electro's motivation is weak when you put yourself in the mindset of a deranged individual.

Clearly Max isn't well, when we see him talking to himself in his home and answering himself back as Spider-Man. Electro not only thought Spider-Man lied to him when he said the police wouldn't shoot him. He also has a lot suppressed anger within him (which he first tells Spidey in Times Square) from being taken advantage of all his life, being experimented on in Ravencroft didn't help. Yeah those aren't really good reasons, but he isn't all there either.

I will say this though. I really can't stand the arrogant attitudes that come off in interviews with Arad and Tolmach. They act like they own the character outright and its annoying. You guys are merely renting the franchise from Marvel and are on borrowed time. Now I'm in no hurry for Spider-Man to revert back to Marvel Studios, simply because I don't think all of Marvel's movies are that great, and I'm pretty contempt with what Sony's doing with the franchise currently, it's not perfect but neither is the MCU. Still not sure how I feel about the Sinister Six movie though. Do I want to see Spidey join The Avengers? It would be cool, but I'd rather just have Spider-Man exist in the same Marvel Universe. Funny thing is this series was almost in continuity with the MCU, but for whatever the reason the Oscorp building never made it into the skyline in The Avengers due to the design not being finished in time. I think it is still is in spirit though, the technology seen in TASM films and the MCU is virtually the same. But reading interviews with these guys really makes me wish Marvel would just pull the rug out from underneath Sony sometimes.

This is a stupid argument. First off, Hispanic is not anything correlating with race. Miguel O' Hara is a white passing Hispanic compared to an Ava Ayala who is clearly dark skinned Boricua. So you are saying," I don't mind replacing a white guy with a white guy with an accent" which kind of makes your statement redundant as fuck. Second, fake Spider-man? Okay, so Wally West and Barry Allen were the Fake Flashes. I am pretty sure Barry Allen is getting his own Tv series and Jay Garret is not involved. Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Stepanie Brown, and Damien Wayne were never Robin because they weren't Dick Grayson. Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Jon Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Simon Baz are fake Green Lanterns because they aren't Alan Scott. Who the fuck is Alan Scott because he certainly was not in that especially shitty movie? And I guess Scott Lang is the fake Ant-Man because he isn't the original Ant-Man, but apparently he gets the starting role as Ant-Man...just skipping over Hank Pym. So apparently your requirements for fake happens to revolve around skin color which sounds kind of racist.

And do I think Marvel is more likely to introduce Miles than Sony? Yes. If you don't know, Marvel has a committee of writers of comics that ensure the source material of the characters and story are in tact. No movie gets a pass in Marvel without going through them. Guess who is on that board? Brian Michael Bendis. Writer of Ultimate Spider-man. He has already been pushing for Marvel to have more media for Miles. You think he wants a movie? You damn right he does. Not to mention there is a class action lawsuit directed at the movie industry calling them out for employee discrimination as a lot of starring roles cast white males. Disney don't like that so they will have a minority lead. Problem is that Marvels black superheroes prior to the 90s are stupidly racist so they are chomping at the bit for a minority character without the history of racism in the industry. In other words, the newer super heroes who are gay, more diverse, and encompass a lot more than a relic like Peter Parker. In other words...

tumblr_n54nleytVK1txymuyo1_500.gif

I think they should keep Peter Parker as the main Spiderman, but maybe have multiple Spideys at some point? I'd love to see Miles Morales in some way, but I don't really want me getting rid of Peter....or Andrew Garfield....

The Amazing Spiderman series doesn't seem to be following the comics that heavily, so who knows, perhaps this can happen...

Harry finally manages to get Peter's blood, and reclaims his position as CEO of Oscorp. Oscorp's labs do extensive research with Peters blood and creates more radioactive spiders, but some are stolen and Miles gets bitten by one.

I know it would be different to the comics by having multiple Spidermen at the same time, but the films really shouldn't be 100% the same as the comics. Sure, take some key notes from them, but use the pieces that were there before to create something new out of it.

I know it would be different to the comics by having multiple Spidermen at the same time, but the films really shouldn't be 100% the same as the comics. Sure, take some key notes from them, but use the pieces that were there before to create something new out of it.

It would literally ruin the entire point of Miles' character to have multiple Spider-men. If Peter does not die in order to introduce Miles, then it is not Miles' story anymore. It is like saying, "Uncle Ben does not die" for Peter Parker. So in Miles case, there can't be two. If you aren't going to commit to his story like you would for Peter's, then don't bother introducing him because it is not fair for fans of the character who literally have no other medium to go to when Peter has several media outlets. He has four comics coming out this month, 5 movies. ,several cartoons, and a shitty ass broadway play. I'm sorry if I don't weep for fans of Peter Parker who don't want him dead.

I think it would be pretty cool if Marvel perhaps did films based on the Ultimate universe. Of course, for Miles they would have to get the movie rights for Spidey back first, but I could see that working even if it's just a direct to DVD/Blu Ray thing. So there's nothing really stopping them from having both, just not in the same continuity.

I think they should keep Peter Parker as the main Spiderman, but maybe have multiple Spideys at some point? I'd love to see Miles Morales in some way, but I don't really want me getting rid of Peter....or Andrew Garfield....

The Amazing Spiderman series doesn't seem to be following the comics that heavily, so who knows, perhaps this can happen...

Harry finally manages to get Peter's blood, and reclaims his position as CEO of Oscorp. Oscorp's labs do extensive research with Peters blood and creates more radioactive spiders, but some are stolen and Miles gets bitten by one.

The more people you have running around with Spider powers the less unique they are to Spidey himself. As it is there are to many characters in the Marvel universe with the same or similar powers to Spidey.

Do we call both of Peter and Miles, Spider-Man in Sony's universe then? You'll piss off fans if you have Miles take on the Scarlett Spider identity, and you'll piss off fans even more if it isn't Ben Reilly, Kaine, or even Joe Wade under Scarlett's mask.

There's gonna come a time where the Spidey films run too stale for Sony and/or audiences, or Garfield gets sick of playing Peter Parker - whichever comes first, Miles is the next best solution since it gives Peter a heroic exit and gives the film universe another brilliant Spider-Man. 

There's gonna come a time where the Spidey films run too stale for Sony and/or audiences, or Garfield gets sick of playing Peter Parker - whichever comes first, Miles is the next best solution since it gives Peter a heroic exit and gives the film universe another brilliant Spider-Man. 

They'd probably just reboot it again over bringing in Miles Morales.

Garfield's only signed on for a few more films and he's already said he doesn't wanna do it forever.

Considering Sony probably already know when Garfield plans on leaving and they still gave an outright "No" to Miles is absolutely a bad sign for Miles' potential to appear as Garfield's successor. Which is pretty shit imo because actor changes in the same canon rarely go over well, and if you want to create a cohesive universe, keeping a character per actor is important. Hulk being the currently relevant exception because Mark Ruffalo unexpectedly brought the character more popularity and freshness than Marvel expected.

The thing with Miles is, TASM movie franchise has already borrowed so frickin much from the Ultimate continuity. Why not just use Garfield's inevitable departure as an excuse to introduce Miles too? It would be a pretty fantastic move. I understand that Peter is THE Spider-Man of the main Marvel continuity, he's far too iconic to ever let go which is why he'll come back every time he "dies", even moreso than Steve Rogers, but with Ultimate.. Miles has already proven to be a popular and well written character in his own right, he's not Peter, and he doesn't need to be. Movies aren't main-Marvel, they've already proven to be borrowing from Ultimate too, and movies advance differently to comics, they demand freshness in crowded territories to stay afloat.

It's a shame Garfield doesn't have more say in this. He's a fantastic actor imo, a fantastic Peter Parker, and his determination to be succeeded by Miles in Sony-canon is something that's nice to see him stick by. I don't think he should give up, even if chances for that happening are low. I know I'd rather see Miles adding freshness to the Sony franchise than a non-Garfield picking up Peter's potentially-stale-by-then character arc.

Movie theory suggests that there's only so much you can do with a single protagonist character onscreen assuming that each movie needs a separate motive and character arc to keep the protagonist interesting for the audience, Marvel got it good because whenever a character lacks motivation or an arc they can push another character until they do have a motivation again, or they can kill them and start character arcs with their successor,

(*cough* Cap.. which is gonna upset a lot of people, and there will be people saying "there's only one Captain America to me, Steve Rogers! He's been around since the Golden Age!" But that's not going to change how successful Bucky will probably be for it, and the same could be said for Miles

if Sony gave him a chance)

A good example of this is Iron Man 2, which to a lot of people was mediocre, and this is partially because Stark didn't have nearly as strong a character arc as he does in any of his other protagonist roles. The Avengers actually served as a wonderful introduction to a character arc in Iron Man 3, which helped fresh him up again.

Sony.. have a little less wiggle room there. Peter can only have so many movie-filling character arcs before they run out of original ideas for him, there's gonna be a snag somewhere if Sony want to keep up this cinematic universe of theirs'. That's one of the reasons I was so looking forward to Miles.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Was tricked into seeing this instead of Cap 2. Ignoring my annoyance at that fact, I guess here's a patented Soma Review

Where do I even begin?

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is many, many things, but the only consistent thing about it was just how non-cohesive it was. Walking in as someone who hasn't seen the first film (though I filled myself in with knowledge from Ultimate Spider-Man/osmosis/etc.), I, at the very least, got what was going on at first. I guess that's something in the movie's favor: even though the movie's fifteen-hundred subplots don't really touch each other very much, they're each easy to understand and follow separately. However, the overall effect this gave was that someone had chopped up and then spliced together parts of about five Spider-Man movies, good movies though those may be.

The score was equally all over the place. On the far, bad side of things we have a couple of try-hard dubstep tracks and one scene ruined by some awful Mumford & Sons sound-alike. In the middle we have quite a few tracks that didn't help or hinder the movie so much as took up space; I can't even begin to remember what sort of song was playing during Electro's escape etc. In the good category there's only about two tracks that stuck out to me in a good way: the theme that plays when Peter uncovers the subway lab, and Gwen's funeral theme. Both admirably mixed electronic and classical to good effect, and I don't really have any complaints. The title theme is crap, though.

As far as characters, Green Goblin looks stupid and shows up out of nowhere, Electro has an intriguing start and then fizzles into nothing, Aunt May, except for one scene, is just sort of there, and so on. The only characters with any sort of strong start and finish to them was Pete and Gwen, so it's a good thing they have the strongest actors and lines in the joint (Sorry Foxx, it wasn't' you, it was the lines they gave Electro). Would genuinely be interested to see a better take on this sort of Electro who doesn't just end up as the monster of the week.

Overall it reminds me of the Hobbit films: Entertaining, but horribly messy and flawed. The movie's got a solid foundation but it just doesn't know what to do with itself. In other words, it was passable, but there was so much wasted potential.

Also no speaking Jameson scenes so -10/10