Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Spider-Man Total Film Article (HQ Scans)

http://imageshack.us.../tfspidey1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../tfspidey3.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../tfspidey4.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../tfspidey5.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...3/img003bw.jpg/

Quote:

Marc Webb

Tolkien talked about this concept where you create a world and refer to things far away, you want to create detail without answering all the questions. We plant things to explore later on

His eyes are from popped out lenses from sunglasses and his feet are treads from shoes, we thought about the material Peter would have access to.

Quote:

(on donning the suit) I realised this is nothing to do with me. As long as there's someone in the suit, it doesn''t matter who it is, It's not mine, it's not Tobey's, it's everyone's. No human being can live up to being this symbol, not even Peter.

Quote: I plastered my walls with page after page of artwork,and spent hours trying to get my body as extreme as possible.

Quote:

Rys Ifans

This is much more real, on many levels, but it's still great entertainment. It hasn't dissapeared up it's arse with seriousness.

A new article on MTV where they chat with Marc Webb.

http://www.mtv.com/n...marc-webb.jhtml

MTV: Aside from having a last name in common with his weapons of choice, can you give us a sense of your Spider-Man fandom? How long have you been a fan of this character?

Marc Webb: I knew it obviously from when I was a little kid. I was between comic book series, but there was the animated series that I saw, that sort of thing. But I don't know what it is: Kids have an intuitive attraction to Spider-Man, something that exists beyond the comic books and all the different media that's out there. There's something so simple, symmetrical and iconic about that design that kids are just drawn to it. So I can't say when I started becoming a fan, but I've always been curious.

It wasn't until I got a call from Sony that I started thinking about the character in a more intellectual way. At first, I thought it was an absurd idea, but what stayed with me and haunted me was the idea that this character is so intensely relatable: He's a superhero who's just a kid. He's not a billionaire, not an alien. His normal identity is so ordinary in so many ways, and so relatable, and that's something about Marvel that I always liked. They made the teenagers the superheroes: the X-Men and Spider-Man, whereas [teens] were just the sidekicks in DC Comics. I think it was at a time in your life when you're starting to access these stories and mythologies that make the wish-fulfillment component much more intense. I know I have a 17-year-old boy trapped inside of me forever, and that's something with an instant appeal.

MTV: It wasn't so long ago that there was a trilogy of popular "Spider-Man" films ...

Webb: What? No! What the f---?

MTV: It's true! [Laughs.] It's certainly a tough act to follow. Was there anything from the Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire era that you looked to when approaching your version of "Spider-Man," or did you want to stay away from those films and

start completely fresh?

Webb: We wanted to do our own thing. We wanted a different villain and a different tone. There wasn't anything I wanted to recapture from those movies, beyond their respect for the character. I thought that was a really wonderful thing. We're doing something different and new and risky, and I understand that. But it's something that I've found very appealing. I couldn't let the opportunity go. I have deep and abiding respect for Sam and Tobey and all those movies that were made, but we are trying to achieve something different. It's a unique set of circumstances when you talk about Spider-Man, because he's been around for 50 years. People talk about rebooting characters. It's different than, say, Harry Potter, who has just a handful of books for his entire canon. There's so much material in Spider-Man that there are so many stories to tell and so many characters. It's more like James Bond or something like that.

MTV: Judging from trailers and the few scenes that have been released online, the takeaway for me is that this is a grittier "Spider-Man" movie, a bit more dangerous than some of the more cartoony takes we've seen previously. But the prankster side is still in place too. There's a clip online of Peter really toying with a guy as he's webbing him up, so the comedy is definitely there. How did you find the right mix of comedy and darkness in this movie?

Webb: I wouldn't say we were ever after pursuing darkness. We just wanted to keep things real. I think it comes down to everything having to emerge from a real place. The reason why Spider-Man is being so playful in that moment is that as a character, he's feeling drunk on his power. He's having a really good time. He's becoming a bit of a bully there. He's not being deeply altruistic, and that's something you'll learn more about when you see the movie. It's a reflection of his attitude: He puts that mask on and the shy kid is gone. He's now this really empowered superhero. That means having fun, sometimes at other people's expense.

MTV: Andrew had that great quote the other week, of Spider-Man acting like an Internet troll in the movie.

Webb: It's totally true. You get to see and do whatever you want without any personal consequences. There's a danger to that ... but there's a thrill to it too.

MTV: I was very happy with the casting of Andrew pretty much immediately. Looking at his work in "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," he struck me as a guy who could nail the comedy and the drama of the role. When you saw Andrew audition, what was it about him that stuck out to you? What made you see Peter Parker in this guy?

Webb: He was both funny and earnest and he had a physical ability that I knew I could rely on. I wanted the movie to be funny, but I also wanted the movie to have real emotional depth and an emotional range. He can do that, and that's incredibly rare: to find somebody who can be light and witty but can also communicate the real tragedy of the character vis-ávis his parents, Uncle Ben and the incredible sacrifices he ends up having to make. Finding someone who can be funny and deep all in one movie, it's tricky.

Beyond that, he brought something to the table that I'd thought about in the abstract but never really figured out exactly how to achieve: How does Spider-Man move? How do you make that character and the identity flow throughout the movement of Spider-Man? He became obsessed with that, looking at how spiders move. He had an idea — which we didn't end up doing — where we built up the knuckles in the suit, so that they would arch like they do in the comic books. He became really infatuated with those details from the comics and how spider DNA would actually take over the body of a human. His spider-sense gives him a sense of space that normal humans don't have, an agility most people don't have. It became a real method style of being Spider-Man, which is something you don't see very often. And when you wanted that levity and you wanted that humor, he had that. It's such a rare combination.

MTV: In addition to Andrew's interest, you got the chance to play around with the physicality of the character through 3-D, I'm sure. Can you talk a little about the way 3-D is used in your film?

Webb: We started making the movie around the time "Avatar" came out. Every studio in the world wanted 3-D. I hadn't worked with it before. I didn't want it forced upon the movie because I've seen bad conversions and it scared me that people weren't using it properly. It had been used so incredibly effectively in "Avatar," and that was really appealing. I wanted to figure out how to give the audience an experience that's worthy of a "Spider-Man" film, and it was one of those things that just felt completely organic after a while. What can 3-D do? When I looked at all the movies that were out there and the tests, I found what I call the three V's of 3-D: volume, vertigo and velocity. These things create a specific sensation that made a lot of sense for a Spider-Man movie: flying through the air, a sense of vertigo. In the trailer, there's a shot of a tower falling. When you see that in 3-D or in an IMAX environment, it's spectacular. It's a feeling you don't get very often. I think that 3-D is an extra tool that can tickle parts of the brain that you can't in any other way. With Spider-Man, particularly the second half of our movie, there are moments and feelings you just can't get in any other way.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Well, I went and saw the original cut of Spider-Man 2 again. It... was still pretty dull. I loved Doc Ock and Harry, but everything else was just okay at best.

Oh, and I still fucking hate Mary Jane.

Well, I went and saw the original cut of Spider-Man 2 again. It... was still pretty dull. I loved Doc Ock and Harry, but everything else was just okay at best.

Oh, and I still fucking hate Mary Jane.

You forgot to mention how it was so boring you couldn't even get to the halfpoint of the movie tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Black Cat's character is so rarely portrayed as anything more than blatant sex appeal that I'd rather they just skip her entirely, to be honest. Spectacular handled her very well, but I think that may have had something to do with her appearance; she was attractive, yeah, but not to the point that it takes attention away from the character she presents. Compare that interpretation to, say, Spider-Man 2 (game), Web of Shadows, or Edge of Time. She's nothing more than a pair of tits in those games, and I believe the reason why is because they had the ability to make her exactly that. Spectacular's art style prevents them from doing so without it being incredibly jarring (and probably uncanny), so they didn't do that.

tl;dr - The worst possible thing that could happen is Pair Of Tits as Black Cat. As long as that isn't a possibility, then sure. If it is, then keep her the hell away.

We usually agree on most things, but I love Felicia Hardy. Maybe it is my taste in women or maybe I always had a thing for Cat(I've been trying to get my girlfriend to dress as Black Cat for the longest...I did succeed with Tifa though). Sure, she is tits on a stick, but if anything, she serves as a parody to Catwoman and conveys to the constant struggle of Peter Parker and Spider-man. And sometimes, she does have character

http://www.g4tv.com/...ebb/?quality=hd

-Wanted to build Peter from the ground up. (Why he explores the story of his parents.)

-Peter is an outsider by choice and doesn't like to be noticed until he meets Gwen.

-Some of Mark's favorite villains: Kraven, Green Goblin, and Mysterio

-The world is exactly like real life at the beginning of the film and becomes more stylized as the film goes on.

Kraven

Meh.

Green Goblin

If they make him similar to the Spectacular interpretation (a cunning, ruthless homicidal maniac who was one of Spider-Man's most powerful foes on account of his sheer brilliance), or by extension the Joker, then fuck yeah.

If it's anything like Raimi's interpretation (fucking ridiculous), then... eh. I'd rather not.

Mysterio

YES. OH MY GOD. YES. DO WANT.

Honestly, I really like Kraven. I feel it could make for some really good action scenes and quips. It's all a question of how would he fit in the story and themes of the overall series and the film alone.

I love Mysterio. He is awesome when done well. He could create some great imagery. He could also toy with Peter's mind a bit which could help when it comes to having him support the overall themes of the series and film. He would be neat to see.

Green Goblin is a given. He just is. I mean, we have a more realistic grounded reboot, Gwen is based off the Amazing Gwen Stacy, she is Peter's love interest and Marc himself, while talking about how he wants to grow Peter as a character, said that, in the comics, Peter learned sacrifice through Gwen.

Honestly, I am almost completely positive that by the end of this film series, we will see Gwen falling off a bridge due to the Green Goblin, die by Spidey's webbing causing her neck to snap and we will end up with something like this:

Page4.jpg

That said, I didn't mind Gobby in the Raimi series but that costume and voice really didn't help. I hope Green Goblin in this series is more like the comics and Spectacular, a guy who looks comical at first but is a serious and menacing threat. And I really really hope that his voice is anywhere near as good as Steven Blum's in Spectacular because Blum's Goblin voice was comical yet menacing when he wanted it to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Kraven, too, and that has a lot to do with his level in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

From a plot standpoint, having a villain (perhaps in the second film) who is just a human like Peter would be an interesting change of pace from the Lizard in this film.

From a financial standpoint, depending on how it's handled, it could grab the attention of Hunger Games fans.

I'd go with the Green Goblin being in the final film, or towards the ending, due to the fact Gwen Stacy plays alot bigger of a role in this than in the original trilogy. (Even though she only appeared in 3, and was originally going to appear in 4 before it was cancelled.)

If anything, I want to see the villians that didn't make it onto the big screen the last time. Villians like Mysterio (and yes, I would really like to see Bruce Campbell play him, because I remember it was rumoured for a while, especially since he was the announcer at the wrestling match in Spidey 1, the Ticket Guy in Spidey 2, and the French Waiter in Spidey 3, leading up to him being a major villian in an upcoming Spidey movie.) Another villian I would love to see hit the big screen is Kraven, he's always been a favorite of mine, I do think Kraven is very underrated, and him appearing in a Spidey film will raise his popularity alot more.

Gwen Stacey dies in the second. Mary Jane is more prominent in the third.

I am calling it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Gwen Stacey dies in the second. Mary Jane is more prominent in the third.

I am calling it.

Haha. I was just thinking the same thing. In that case I'd say Gobby will be the main threat in the second and in the third it's anybody's guess. Maybe Mysterio or Venom (I really want the latter to be done some justice after Spider man 3).

• Thumbs Up 1

Gentlemen, we have our lab coat!

lvfx104r28x10720.jpg

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 9

Gentlemen, we have our lab coat!

lvfx104r28x10720.jpg

And the fandom rejoiced that day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even as someone, who didn't see the lab coat as all that important(Though it certainly helps convey that this monster was, at one point, a human being, which the motion capture will convey as well hopefully), I have to say that I smiled like an idiot when looking at that pic. the Lizard looks perfect. The detail is awesome!

leaked.jpg

LVFX_105_r2_8x10_720.jpg

In stills and footage, the Lizard looks a lot better than in the crappily put together promo and merchandise.

Peter would be the kind of dork who puts his name on his property that he is using while donning the superhero outfit.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just in case you don't know, according to the official facebook page, the trailer will be up at 7 PM EST.

Peter would be the kind of dork who puts his name on his property that he is using while donning the superhero outfit.

He would be. I like it. It reminds me of a dumb move that Peter from the early issues of Ultimate or Amazing would make. He's just beginning so he's going to make mistakes. That's what made the character great in the first place and a great deconstruction of superheroes. He's not perfect. Especially at first. He makes really dumb mistakes. One of the many things I love about Amazing and Ultimate and the whole character in general. he may be a smart kid but he isn't perfect as a superhero.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyTdRSZitCk

I don't usually say this about movies but

Oh my god the cinematics are amazing! I love how this movie tries to make you feel like you're there with Spider-man in some parts.

Plus I like how Gwen looks like she's actually doing something in this movie unlike that redhead girl from the original trilogy who kept screaming and bitching.

And since I don't know that much about Peter's Parents, I'm really interested in what their story is.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 6

9ayd9z.gif

I'm sooo watching that movie now! And just to support spidey, I may even buy the game.

Edited by Eternal X

Holy shit. That trailer was absolutely fantastic. I'm so psyched to see this movie. :o

Remember the time when the Avengers was coming out and then Spiderman released a trailer that made the entire Avengers film look a tad dull and dated in comparison... .. ... ... Clark Kent does!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm really quite upset that July is not here yet. TIME Y U NO MOVE FASTER?

Trailer was amazing. So excited, it's put a load of my deep fears about the movie to rest.

OH SERIOUSLY?! I BUY A MIDNIGHT RELEASE TICKET FOR AVENGERS SO HYPED AND EXCITED AND THEN YOU DECIDE TO SHOW THIS AMAZING TRAILER?!!! WHY DO YOU WANT MY MONEY SO MUCH MARVEL?!

• Thumbs Up 4

Marvel threw the gauntlet down at DC and said, "Bring it, Bitch."

• Thumbs Up 5