Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

Always online is more or less confirmed...

Who would like to see what Microsofts creative director had to say on twitter today?

Now boys and girls... how many of you... are happy?

Ha, wow. One, that's a seriously shitty move. Two, could he have even said that in a douchier way? 

Edited by Phantomime

How do we know that account is real or if it was hacked?

That just seems too douche like to be from a MS employee. is this common behavor from him?

Edited by goku262002

That just seems too douche like to be from a MS employee. is this common behavor from him?

yes.

He couldn't be any more of a dick if he tried, seriously there's a difference between learning about what works/doesn't work and taking 20 steps backwards.

They're literally failing an open book test if they do this on a system when certain games, just the GAMES that already are doing this failed at doing. It's so dumb :\

tumblr_m0pvlkdQ6m1rrwrpwo1_500.gif

Cersei is me, Joffrey is Microsoft.

Seriously Microsoft, if this is true I will lose all respect. You've been going downhill since introducing Kinect and it's not going to stop there! Also, could this guy be any more immature?? He's worse than the people who work for Gearbox!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh well hes just a dick with an employee badge then. good job doing this Adam so then so we can vomit up the fact that you disrespected the Xbox's top franchise at one point!

I'm sure the second his higher ups see this they will rage on his ass for treating their consumer base like their his peasents.

As for the allways on thing, we can't really tell if hes just going off of rumors and being a dick about it or if he actually knows inside information.

Edited by goku262002

I know I've said this before, but is anyone else a little worried that (assuming this always-on thing is real) the next XBOX will sell extremely well simply because of the 360's brand power? "Fuck yeah America: the console" and shit like that. There's a reason the 360 is still selling shitloads all the time despite having no worthwhile exclusives and subscription-based online.

I.. can't see this ending well for anyone. Not the consumer, and certainly not the games industry. If this happens and becomes as popular-through-ignorance as I think it will, shit's gonna go down. I just hope I'm wrong and that even the average consumer recognises how terrible an idea this is.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

He has just locked his twitter account. So odds are it's true... how fortunate some people were able to screen cap them all before he did that.

http://i2.minus.com/ikWhhKM09bWdC.png

(it's a very very big image, don't image tag it on the forum)

Yep so lets just email his bosses and call it a day!

You don't get away with being a dick on the internet Adam especially with you toting around an MS employee rank.

Time to get a man fired. In the meantime, don't take what the living dick says as fact. I'm still taking the allways on thing as rumor still I suggest you all do the same.

• Thumbs Up 5

You mean you don't play videogames on a vacuum cleaner ARE YOU MAD MAN!?

Dohoho.

But in all seriousness, video games are a medium that don't and shouldn't require an internet connection to simply work if they have a single-player component. It's not like good internet connection is accessible everywhere, and the average internet in the majority of the US is pretty much garbage thanks to the cable company oligopoly that may hopefully be shattered by Google (heh, wanting Google to thrash their competitors with yet another service, fancy that), and in some cases you might not want to have a connection for whatever reason. The only reason for such garbage is DRM, and we know how everyone feels about that.

I will be severely disappointed if MS does go this route, but I won't be surprised, either.

So now I can hope for Microsoft to stop making consoles, start making their games on PC, and considering Nintendo doesn't really compete with the other 2 and Sony and Nintendo are getting along more, the Console Wars will be over?

I hope for the sake of the industry that you're right to be honest.

God I hope so, MS can be dumb sometimes but I really do think they know the difference between dumb move that ticks most people off and blowing your god damned brains out. this allways on thing is very conterversal its right up there with the used games debate, they better know better is all I can say.

You know...

This is the kind of thing that gaming news sites build their entire month around reporting and might follow the system throughout its life. This may blow up big no matter what Microsoft does tomorrow, and this could be MS' equivalent to "The next generation doesn't start until we say it does".

So now I can hope for Microsoft to stop making consoles, start making their games on PC, and considering Nintendo doesn't really compete with the other 2 and Sony and Nintendo are getting along more, the Console Wars will be over?

I doubt the Console Wars will ever be over. There will always be a company who is willing to rival another. I do believe it'll end up just being Nintendo and Sony however. Microsoft is not going to last much longer if they keep it up like this.