Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

"Why on Orth would I live there" xD

It's good that they've laid-off Orth, that douchebag got what he deserved. 

But with him being un-employed, I bet he'll regret saying "I wish all devices could always be on", with an electricity bill the size of colossus. 

Edited by Wil348

There's a strong rumor going around that Mr. Adam Orth is no longer employed by Microsoft. He is an ex-creative director. His slip has been pinked. He is without a job, sans career. Where once there was work, there is now none. His services are no longer required. He's been shit-canned, sent packing, terminated, let go.

Picard_full_of_win.jpg

Word of advice Mr. Orth don't be a dick on a public internet sites like twitter it doesn't help your prospects. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a strong rumor going around that Mr. Adam Orth is no longer employed by Microsoft. He is an ex-creative director. His slip has been pinked. He is without a job, sans career. Where once there was work, there is now none. His services are no longer required. He's been shit-canned, sent packing, terminated, let go.

Hopefully he can get a new job be becoming a travelling* vacuum cleaners salesman.

*-Operates only in places that provide stable internet connections.

tumblr_m9wk8iARds1qgkezq.gif

Justice has been served indeed. And good riddance! He doesn't deserve to work for any gaming company, let alone have a job in the first place!

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/rumor-next-xbox-to-be-revealed-on-may-21-cost-500-for-base-300-for-subscription-model-launch-in-november

According to the latest rumor, the Nextbox will cpst $500 and be revealed in late may. It also reinforces the whole "Always online" thing.

It says something about a $300 subscription too. Not sure what they mean by that.

I do believe it means a 300$ subscription version, which implies monthly fees, but lower initial cost. Boy they are really trying to milk it, if its what I think it is

I really hope this all isn't true, because I always loved Xbox 360 over PS3 and I don't want Xbox to fall like this if this is indeed true. If it is true though, I will jump ship to PS4. 

Besides, never was a fan of Playstation controllers. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)
  • Thumbs Up 2

The DualShock 4 doesn't look half bad in terms of ergonomics this time, though. They're finally trying.

• Thumbs Up 6

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/rumor-next-xbox-to-be-revealed-on-may-21-cost-500-for-base-300-for-subscription-model-launch-in-november

According to the latest rumor, the Nextbox will cpst $500 and be revealed in late may. It also reinforces the whole "Always online" thing.

It says something about a $300 subscription too. Not sure what they mean by that.

Either way, if all this is true, then it will be one more reason for me to consider avoiding it.

The DualShock 4 doesn't look half bad in terms of ergonomics this time, though. They're finally trying.

Well yeah, I also liked how they said they were tightening up the control sticks (one of my big problems with the PS3 controller)...but I'm just used to the Xbox 360 buttons and button/trigger placement that it would be hard for me to get used to it. I also prefer how the sticks are placed on Xbox controllers. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

I dunno about you, but I'm just sick of all the dudebros in my school with their Xboxes and their Call of Duty.

Back in my day, all we had was an N64 and Goldeneye! And we only needed one analog stick!

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys may think I am evil after me saying this, but I hope this is true. Microsoft need to get off their high horse. That's why I never liked the 360. Why should I pay $50 for a subscription to play online when PSN does it for free? Why should I pay $50 to WATCH YOUTUBE & NETFLIX. Why should I pay $50 to see all these ads?

Microsoft are exploiting these users. And they think they can do it again but even better next gen. This is the only way they will learn. Sony and Nintendo learnt the hard way before, now it's M$'s turn. 

I am completely with you on this, it's the main reason I went for a PS3 instead. I have nothing against a premium subscription for people who want to get more out of their online gaming, but there's really no valid reason to lock basic online functionality behind a paygate anymore. It made sense with the original Xbox since it was the only console at the time to really push for good online multiplayer, but now all of the competition is doing the same thing for free. I've heard people defend the mandatory subscription fees in the past, saying that Xbox LIVE gives players better servers or something. I'm genuinely curious though: is the connection really *that* drastically superior to what you get on PSN or with a PC? I don't even know if this is true to begin with, but even if it is true and the connection stability is really that god-like, couldn't that just be included in a premium membership while still giving free players a more basic connection?

Personally, I don't play games online enough to give a crap either way. Which is why the idea of having to pay for a feature I barely use- but still WANT- really doesn't sit well for me. And if this new console is always online *and* makes you pay the subscription fees? The console won't last a year, let alone an entire console generation.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

You guys may think I am evil after me saying this, but I hope this is true. Microsoft need to get off their high horse. That's why I never liked the 360. Why should I pay $50 for a subscription to play online when PSN does it for free? Why should I pay $50 to WATCH YOUTUBE & NETFLIX. Why should I pay $50 to see all these ads?

Microsoft are exploiting these users. And they think they can do it again but even better next gen. This is the only way they will learn. Sony and Nintendo learnt the hard way before, now it's M$'s turn. 

Hey, everyone else took their lumps. So it's just about time for Microsoft's turn. If it does lead to actually opening the system up more, like they keep saying they're doing with 360's services (that's a laugh), then I'm all for it.

According to the latest rumor, the Nextbox will cost $500 and be revealed in late may. It also reinforces the whole "Always online" thing.

Well, we already knew that the April reveal had been put back a month; late May sounds about right there.

If they're going for a subscription system with monthly payments though... well, that's quite a stick they're brandishing at their customer base. Where's the carrot? They're going to need their online system to do all kinds of wonderful things, things nobody else has even thought of, things that'll immediately make people forget about the subscription and whatnot, if they're going to have a hope of competing.

Truthfully, I don't mind paying for Xbox Live mainly because I get the most out of it. Also because I play tons online. The online experience for Xbox is rather smooth.  My brother had a PS3 and that is where I got see how the online for PSN worked. It was not bad, but some stuff did irk me. The fact that you cannot chat with like a group of friends while playing games really sucks. For me at least, mainly because I am real social and Xbox manages stuff like that real well. I guess it all comes down to what you are looking for in your online experience.

Also, the fact that your username can't have any spaces on PSN sucks ass. But that is a nitpick.

Edited by Urban Flow

> Always online

> $500

> Subscription model

> Xbox Live probably still sitting behind a paywall.

> Mandatory Kinect

> Heavily rumored that focus is shifting away from games

51623aa187a5b.jpg

You've become just as arrogant as Sony was, Microsoft. Good job. Now go sit in the corner and think about why nobody wants your stupid console.

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 4

Makes me sad, I hope it isn't true. I can defend to an extend the paid service, because with may lame net connection I have a great online service with the Xbox, the same cannot be said with my Wii. But if they indeed fallow this path then guess my main console will be WiiU. I only bought my Xbox because it was the best balance of price and quality. But this ranks low in quality and if it's overpriced, then sorry Microsoft but I will not buy your console, if that indeed happens I will only feel sad because I will no longer be able to play the new Halo games.sad.png    

Really, paid subscription for online play became completely unjustified the moment MS started throwing about a dozen ads onto the 360 dashboard.

And from what I've played of XBox Live, the online play there is supremely overrated compared to PC gaming. Matchmaking is bollocks, I prefer servers.

Really? I'd say it became unjustfied the moment it came into play.

Didn't Xbox Live on the original Xbox cost money to use too? When online play was still in it's mediocre stages? When the competitors still did it for free? (citation needed)

Edited by Solkia

I don't get adds normally here besides the Microsoft, from time to time you get a add for something, but it's really rare.

But I my also be a little more friendly to it, because I don't pay every month to play. I only play online from time to time, so I choose the moment I will play more and buy normally just 3 months, or something like that.

Not saying I don't defend a free option too with less content, that would be the better approach.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? I get about 5 million ads every single time I turn it on. They practically bury the game tab in ads.