Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

Considering Microsofts current goals for the future, I doubt the M$ will surprise me and try not be a money grabbing machine....

I just realized that almost everyone here is pretty much against Microsoft. Strangely enough it reminds me of the DmC thread.

For Microsoft to say anything on the rumors would undoutedly confirm features for the console. So no way that's going to happen until they actually want to talk about the console. However it is disheartening that there hasn't been any "positive" rumors that have come out yet. Every single one has been a negative point on the system.

Yeah that is true, but I mean I remember a while back some people were saying that used games were gonna be banned from the Xbox 360 and look what happened. Sometimes rumors turn out to be true and then sometimes they just don't.

Edited by Urban Flow

Heh. Welp, Microsoft Game Studios is still labeled a game studio for a reason. And yet, that reason is slowly being supplanted by the phrase 'multimedia experience'. On a game console.

Actually no. They were renamed Microsoft Studios back in 2011.

And Carbo's recent post more or less confirms previous rumors that the next Xbox will be an (all-around) entertainment system than a gaming console first with additional entertainment features.

I just realized that almost everyone here is pretty much against Microsoft. Strangely enough it reminds me of the DmC thread.

This is just a formality at this point but except for Halo and Gears of War (which has gone ridiculously stagnant with no reason of it being exclusive), what exactly has Microsoft "done" that is beneficial to themselves or gaming as a whole during recent years when they weren't actively one-upping and capitalizing on Sony being incompetent at launching their next gen console?

If I were a 360-only owner I'd feel a tad embittered.

• Thumbs Up 4

As far as I see it Microsoft has been a poison to the industry in recent years, thanks to the change in demographic, change of focus, and pushing of hyper-budget AAA games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Xbox 720's AMD chip equals "more games", no backwards compatibility - report

Choice of x86 architecture gives PC developers more power

http://www.oxm.co.uk/52025/xbox-720s-amd-chip-equals-more-games-no-backwards-compatibility-report/

Well if that is true then my space problem got a lot more difficult!sleep.png

tumblr_mhue02IWR01re7wsmo1_400.gif

This the face all the Wii U owners will be doing! dry.png

Edited by BW199148

So, the Wii U is the ONLY next-gen console which is backwards compatible. I'm guessing that sacrificing BC for more power is the new thing now.

Edited by KrazyBean

So, the Wii U is the ONLY next-gen console which is backwards compatible. I'm guessing that sacrificing BC for more power is the new thing now.

And reduced price. After the 599 US dollars fiasco, no one wants to hike their price too high. 

And ease of development. Plus future generations of consoles won't have to worry about obsolete or generally obtuse system architecture to have BC for.

As far as I see it Microsoft has been a poison to the industry in recent years, thanks to the change in demographic, change of focus, and pushing of hyper-budget AAA games.

That, and thanks to the massive popularity of Halo which gave birth to the resurgence of cookie-cutter FPS games (despite BioShock, Portal and Half-Life), perpetuates the stereotype of gamers as elitist fratboys who only care about gaming to get gamerscore and achievements, as well as dismissing people outside their little 'group' as those who are casual dimwits who don't know how to play games on their beloved multimedia device.

Edited by Lennox

You just noticed this? this entire board is about 80% Playstation and Nintendo dominant with 10% of that 80% being real non-Xbox people.

Man that would actually suck if no 360 BC is confirmed when the console reveals itself. the 360's library is massive and doing a PS4 would get allot of gamers upset, at least the PS4 is offering some shoddy streaming service for its past titles.

That, and thanks to the massive popularity of Halo which gave birth to the resurgence of cookie-cutter FPS games (despite BioShock, Portal and Half-Life), perpetuates the stereotype of gamers as elitist fratboys who only care about gaming to get gamerscore and achievements, as well as dismissing people outside their little 'group' as those who are casual dimwits who don't know how to play games on their beloved multimedia device.

Honestly, I don't really care about the stereotype or existence of cookie-cutter FPS games. Anyone who knows me is well aware I don't fit the stereotype, and people can enjoy whatever they want. I was more so referring to the spotlighting of them at hardcore gaming conventions like E3 (like, seriously do casuals/"core" gamers even know what E3 is?), and the introduction of 500 bazillion dollar budgets as industry standard; a problem that is killing the industry right now

And really, there's nothing fucking wrong with being able to do stuff that isn't games. I use Netflix on my PS3 all the time. I use Skype on my Vita because it's convenient. Same with Facebook. I also use it as a music player all the time.

This is something Nintendo should do some catching up in, if you ask me. At least judging by the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 6

The problem with Vita is very few will actually pay for having another all purpose portable device if that said device isn't providing much to begin with. Vita has a lot of nice tech and some nice games but said functions are only really of benefit when you have a connection available (which is circumstantial as fuck in terms of handhelds) and even so there's a lot more appealing options at disposal for people that make devices such as smartphones more appealing since they're already paying for one portable connective device. I don't think it's something Nintendo "has" to catch up to in terms of 3DS because they already have their own connectivity features by way of Spot/Streetpass and the kind of focus on putting those details on the forefront undermines what turns a portable gaming device into an appealing product. The focus that's reliant on connection should be on home consoles, which Nintendo is doing pretty well all things considered by having one of the best Netflix services, rental services and so forth.

• Thumbs Up 2

You just noticed this? this entire board is about 80% Playstation and Nintendo dominant with 10% of that 80% being real non-Xbox people.

Man that would actually suck if no 360 BC is confirmed when the console reveals itself. the 360's library is massive and doing a PS4 would get allot of gamers upset, at least the PS4 is offering some shoddy streaming service for its past titles.

Actually I was just talking about the thread itself. Shit I would not consider myself completely Xbox by any means because I love me some PS3. The only thing that I don't like about PS3 is the online network. As for the whole board. I actually think about everyone here is nintendo crazy. Me on the other hand not so much. It does not even have nothing to do with me not liking the big N just that I did not really grow up playing their games (I was a genesis guy anyways). In fact the only nintendo console I own is the 64. The rest is history to me. As for the this generation, the only system I own is a 360. I got to try out the PS3 and spend time with it since my brother had one. Anyways microsoft is hella quiet with this new system. Getting kinda anxious already really.

Edited by Urban Flow

Yeah, Wii U is doing pretty damn great with giving people the streaming services they want (Full featured Netflix, Amazon Prime AND Hulu Plus), as well as a browser that actually freakin' works.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I love my PS3 as a multimedia device. I don't just use it for games. I don't see what's wrong with Xbox being a multimedia device too. However, most of the extra stuff requires online. Which 360 lacks unless you have a Gold subscription. Same thing will apply with the new Xbox.

That's the major issue with this, yeah. It's all well and good, but they're charging a significant fee for something that Sony and Nintendo's services provide for no additional fee over your subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, what have you.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 3

Let the spin... Begin!

tldr? #Dealwithit.

No really? tldr? The article is named "Xbox always-online: Maybe it's not so terrible" yet doesn't have a single reason why it's a good thing for the consumer. You can almost smell the microsoft advertising dollars which paid for that article.

So to recap. Playstation 4, nothing but praise. Xbox Durango, nothing but bad things.

Mother fucker!

I cannot believe the choice of next-generation consoles is coming down to "Which is the lesser evil?" I opted out of PC gaming in favour of consoles for convenience, but at this rate I may as well flip off the next console generation and shell out for a high-end PC and a Wii U.

Yes, I know the Wii U is a console, but Nintendo is the only company in this mess that isn't doing their damndest to alienate me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mother fucker!

I cannot believe the choice of next-generation consoles is coming down to "Which is the lesser evil?" I opted out of PC gaming in favour of consoles for convenience, but at this rate I may as well flip off the next console generation and shell out for a high-end PC and a Wii U.

Yes, I know the Wii U is a console, but Nintendo is the only company in this mess that isn't doing their damndest to alienate me.

Question, what has the PS4 done to alienate you? Just curious. 

Question, what has the PS4 done to alienate you? Just curious. 

No backwards compatibility and you have to re-purchase all digital content.

I hate having to double the amount of consoles underneath my TV just because I want to play my old games from time to time. The entire reason I said "fuck no" to the PS3 and bought a 360 instead was not the unreasonable price or the unwanted Blu-Ray player. It was because it refused to play my existing library of PS2 games.

No backwards compatibility and you have to re-purchase all digital content.

I hate having to double the amount of consoles underneath my TV just because I want to play my old games from time to time. The entire reason I said "fuck no" to the PS3 and bought a 360 instead was not the unreasonable price or the unwanted Blu-Ray player. It was because it refused to play my existing library of PS2 games.

Ah ok.

Personally I don't care about BC as long as it keeps the price reasonable to omit it but that's just me. 

I'm still bitter about my PS2 library. My old PS2 get's crappy image quality on my HD flat screen TV, and the PS3's "PS2 Classics" lineup is filled to the rim with licenced garbage and the occasional good game, but no Shadow Hearts Covenant, no Kingdom Hearts, no Castlevania Lament of Innocence. I miss those games.