Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

"God damn finally!" - The internet.

Really, its about time. glad they are having their own event so they can get some of the bullshit out of the way leaving the E3 event just for games.

Microsoft have the upper-hand here. They've seen what everyone else has given/has to give, and could've used this time to make their console a topper. Let's see if they've used/seen this chance and taken it, or are they going to screw it up royally? Hmm...

My bets are still confidently placed for the PS4 being my favorite, but I can't know for sure just yet.

Edited by Eleventh Doctor

Hmm, I saw this on my xbox 360 today after an enjoyable 3 hours worth of Vesperia goodness. Looking forward to the reveal, I'm tired of rumors, its time for concrete facts.

• Thumbs Up 1

YAY! Glad to see the reveal is on its way. Will have to see if I can make sure I don't get put down to work at the time of the event. Will be interesting to see if there is any truth to the always-online stuff.

FINA-flippin-LY! Bloody hell, so much speculation we have endured and it's sooooo good to receive confirmed news.

I for one look forward to hearing Microsoft try to explain why Always Online is a good thing.

Has that even been confirmed?

Edited by KrazyBean

Nope, but if it is a thing it'll be interesting to see how they sell it.

Personally I think it won't be a thing, or there will be a ~surprise twist~ that makes it ok or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

I for one look forward to hearing Microsoft try to explain why Always Online is a good thing.

With a console that's always online, you can order Pizza Hut pizza whenever you want! :D

• Thumbs Up 6

With a console that's always online, you can order Pizza Hut pizza whenever you want! biggrin.png

If they have a feature on the console which means the pizza will then come out of the disk tray... Microsoft wins E3... ALL OF THEM!

• Thumbs Up 9

The new Xbox will be always hooked to your veins, so when it detects your blood sugar levels are low, it orders a bunch of snacks for you!

Joking aside, about bloody time! :D I only bought a new Xbox last summer so I do feel a bit "meh, already?!" and that I'll already be a generation behind... but still, will be good to see what it's capable of and to finally get to the bottom of the Always Online Mystery.

Finally Microsoft! Well that means there's still less than a month to go before that big reveal! =]

And yeah, if always online is true then I'm going to love hearing their explanation as to why it's such a great thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tuesday at 10am (PDT). Why are they doing the big reveal in the middle of the work day? Some of us have lives outside the X-Box.

I only hope the "Always Online" bit is a joke.

Edited by Brother Earl

Tuesday at 10am (PDT). Why are they doing the big reveal in the middle of the work day?

So as to delay most of the backlash. ph34r.png

About time. If Microsoft are actually to confirm the always online thing, I wonder what the crowds reaction will be. * looks at Sony's announcement of AT&T partnership* hmm......(seriously though, Im curious to see how they handle themselves after all this. )

• Thumbs Up 1

I presume critiques are as welcome as praise, yes?

I will likely not buy a 720. Pretty much any game I got on 360 was also on PS3; since I'm not into any of the exclusives like Halo, it loses a lot of value for me. That I got a 360 instead of a PS3 (which I only got a few months ago) back in 2006 still confuses me.

In addition, I do not want to have to pay for internet access when the other two consoles have it for free. I always disliked how I'm excluded from all sorts of neat DLC because I have to fork over money to Microsoft to be able to use the internet even once.

I also greatly dislike the way the Microsoft controller is - you have to either pay for a rechargeable battery or constantly replace them (and from my experience they eat up battery life like a Hobbit), not to mention that "extension cord" thing is only a few inches long and is liable to get lost (I duct taped my most recent one together for this reason). I greatly liked how the PS3's controller has the USB port built into it.

I presume the 720 will have taken care of the overheating issues well enough so I won't mention that.

I'm not trying to hate on Microsoft, but analysing it, I'm not seeing a reason I'd buy a 720 over a PS4. For fans of Halo and such, of course a 720 would be a better choice. I'm more in line with Sony's beefy line of exclusives, however.

But who knows, really. If Microsoft does something that can sufficiently attract my interest, I just might purchase it. Even if it had a rechargeable wireless controller and free internet, though, I'd still be in Sony's camp simply because they have exclusives (Ratchet, Sly, Jak, etc.) that I'm interested in. The 720 really will need some sort of exclusive to pique my interest.

I will however, be buying a 720 wired controller solely so I can use it to play games on the PC. That is one area where it definitely can outdo Sony for me.

I am however, glad that you folks are able to look forward to this, though. Different strokes for different folks and all. smile.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even if your a fan of the Halo series, if the console itself doesn't fix past complaints, I don't think they will even be interested.

Paul Thurrott's New Xbox Info (Nothing groundbreaking, it's the stuff we most of us knew). And in case you don't know who Paul Thurrott is, he is one of Microsoft's trusted insiders. So what he says, is most likely true.

Early announce. The initial reveal date was pushed back from April 24 to May 21 so that Microsoft could better position the device against the PlayStation 4, which Sony announced in late February.

Full (end user) announce. Microsoft will fully reveal details about the next Xbox, including the launch lineup of games, on the eve of the E3 tradeshow in early June 2013.

Developer announce? It appears that Microsoft will discuss the next Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in San Francisco in late June, based on clues on the Build web site.

Launch. The next Xbox will launch in early November 2013.

Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8, and further than Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)

Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console, offering a standalone version for $499 and then a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.

No entertainment box. Microsoft originally planned to offer both a “full” version of the next Xbox (with video game playing capabilities) and a lower-end entertainment-oriented version, codenamed “Yuma,” that did not provide video gaming capabilities. But plans for Yuma are on hold and no pure entertainment version of the next Xbox will appear in 2013 (or possibly ever).

Blu-ray. The next Xbox will include a Blu-ray optical drive.

Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.

Another Xbox 360. Microsoft will also deliver a third generation Xbox 360 console this year that will be significantly less expensive than the current models. The new 360 is codenamed “Stingray,” but it’s not clear if this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backwards compatible, or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative. (A third possibility, and to be clear these possible reasons are all speculative: The 360 simply has life left in it and with dwindling component prices in the 8 years since the original launch, the firm can still make money selling such a device.)

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/here-comes-next-xbox?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+windowsitpro%2Fwininfo+%28WIN%3ENews%3EWinInfo+News%29

Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be internet-connected to use. This is source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.

Somebody grab me a popcorn gif, stat!

• Thumbs Up 3

Paul Thurrott's New Xbox Info (Nothing groundbreaking, it's the stuff we most of us knew). And in case you don't know who Paul Thurrott is, he is one of Microsoft's trusted insiders. So what he says, is most likely true.

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/here-comes-next-xbox?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+windowsitpro%2Fwininfo+%28WIN%3ENews%3EWinInfo+News%29

Not sure how being exactly what people believed isn't as bad as they believed.

• Thumbs Up 3