Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

Normally if you want to use your Xbox account on a different system you need to transfer it which can take a while, so it'd be very annoying to have to constantly swap it between the 360 and Nextbox.

So I really hope they'll allow accounts to remain on 360 and the new system at the same time, unless they want to use that "perk" as an incentive to buy the Mini.

I believe you, but have you got an article which says this? I just want to read into more detail about it.

XBL profiles can be used on multiple 360s, tho only one at a time.

Am I the only one wondering if anything from the marketplace will work? Such as all the previous arcade games and if themes and avatar items will even work?

Avatars will work, themes might not if the dashboard is much different, arcade games only if it has built-in BC (don't count on this).

If you still have a SDTV, and you plan to get the new Xbox upgrade to a HDTV now (but it's 2013, even my grandparents have a HDTV).

Me thinks that Microsoft wants to follow Apple's way (Apple TV) instead of Nintendo's/Sony's ways.

In this Sound Block article, there is no mention of AV sound. You need AV sound on SDTVs in order for them to have sound.

http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-sound-of-tomorrow/

The TV I use for my gaming is this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-czEDGxxDTPi/p_15827FV17/Sony-KV-27FV17.html

Mind you its 12 years old now, but it hasn't failed me and the picture quality is of that of a low HDTV and its got hookups for S-Audio and other types. so I think I'll be good with this console gen until this TV fails me then I'll consider getting an HDTV.

SDTVs are old yes, but MS still has to consider them for this upcoming generation but most likely this will probably be the end of the SDTV era. if MS is going to go full screw off to SDTVs now, they better at least provide conversion cables. 

You might as well keep your 360 if you have to pay an additional $$$ for BW/C.

But then theres cases like mine Suzy, I've have my old white brick since 2007 its been loyal but lately its been showing its age and even though I've up-kept it for 6 years I've already spent $120.00 having the drive fixed twice. its not worth the investment to put any more maintenance into it, its old its done its job entertaining me for all this time.

I'll most likely retire it once I get the new xbox, the mini is an option to me since my old 360 needs a good rest.

Edited by goku262002

This is Microsoft. First will be fireworks, and then Master Chief descends at the scene from a helicopter and perform "Dangerous" with a hologram of Michael Jackson, then the Master Chief will remove the helmet, and it turns out that it's Peter Molyneux, and on his chest tattoo "Fable: Last son of fallen empire" and then they show trailer of this new "Fable" in which the trees grow, rabbits breed, and houses rot. But it wouldn't be all, Peter pulls out a bottle of champagne and begins to water frothed drunk onto crowd, which beats in ecstasy, trying to catch the drops of Molyneux' champagne with mouth.
Well, this is my view of something what MS E3 will look like.

Michael Horhorov
Throw the dealer number. I want this shit too.
Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you still have a SDTV, and you plan to get the new Xbox upgrade to a HDTV now (but it's 2013, even my grandparents have a HDTV).

Me thinks that Microsoft wants to follow Apple's way (Apple TV) instead of Nintendo's/Sony's ways.

In this Sound Block article, there is no mention of AV sound. You need AV sound on SDTVs in order for them to have sound.

Digital audio isn't necessarily exclusive to HDTVs, and it's fairly common for people running home theater gear to forgo using the TV speakers entirely regardless.

And on that note, external DAC boxes are like $20. You can even build one yourself, if you're so inclined; and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Microsoft sold one themselves as an external, XBox-branded accessory (for twice as much money).

Far more worrying is the implication that the 360 won't support other video connections besides HDMI.

You know what I would like the NextBox to have? USB 3.0 slots. It would make reading data of compatible USB's way quicker.

Edited by KrazyBean

So that Next Xbox rumor about there being 2 prices? A $499 version and the $299 version which has a subscription fee on it.

Well... good news! The $10 per month subscription for the $299 version isn't true.

It's $15 a month instead.

By the way, I did screw up one thing: The $299 version of Xbox v.Next will come with a $15/mo XBLG subscription, not $10. Sorry about that

Mr Paul Thurrott

And then Tom Warren confirmed it by saying...

Yup, and that sub includes family.

So it's time... FOR MATHEMATICS!

No subscription Xbox. = $499

Subscription Xbox = $299

12 month subscription = $180

Total cost for 1 year of subscription Xbox? $479

In the first year, you save $20! What a bargain!

Add an extra $180 due to it being 2 years and the console is more than the PS3 at launch!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fusion eh?

A bit of a cliche name, but then again 360 was a bit unoriginal as well if you ask me. I get it, they want to establish that it does games in 3D not 2D! Sheesh! :D But what kind of image does the word Fusion conjure up for me... oh, I know!

fusion1.jpg

So the new Xbox will make a lot of noise and sit about not doing anything for 20 minutes before it can be used?!

I suppose they want a punchy name to compete with the much more linear names Sony give each new generation of PlayStation.

Add an extra $180 due to it being 2 years and the console is more than the PS3 at launch!

It also includes Xbox Live Gold status, if that means anything.

For a certain measure of comparable; especially in Nintendo's case.

And it's not outside the realm of possibility that the service won't continue to be free in Sony's case next go around.

lol this post took 10 minutes to type.

If this was 2005, like when the 360 came out I can understand paying for an online membership since it was a relatively new thing.

But it's 2013 now! Why do you still have to pay whilst Sony and Nintendo are going the free route? It's making Microsoft look like obvious moneygrubbers.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Regardless of the subscription bullshit or not, I've still yet to see much catch my eye for the console specifically that I can't pick up elsewhere on another system. I mean of course that said we haven't seen anything in general, but unless they're rolling out a big carpet with like 685940 new interesting IPs of a plethora of gaming genres, then that alone is still kinda my reasoning for not wanting it. So far all this rumor stuff has just been extra toppings to that standpoint. You'd think by now that finagled devices like the Kinect, concentrating their console on an entertainment console primarily and not gaming primarily, as well as that new shit with the added perception to your games in your room; that these shiny things wear out their welcome relatively quick, leaving the consumer with junk cluttered that they don't want to use much anymore. Staple a "throw making me pay monthly for this feeling" and that completely deadens any want to go back, for me anyways.

Been meaning to summarize my first impressions and feelings on Microsoft's next-gen system based from the rumors for awhile now, and while not anything new, just *shrugs*. I honestly hope it 180's and totally side-swipes me with awesomeness at E3, but it's hard to get excited with the constant lackluster news of what apparently is gonna happen.

I honestly don't mind the paid subscription. Microsoft is providing a service and they have a right to charge for it. If Sony and Nintendo want to offer it for free that's their loss. And clearly Sony was hurting for a paid subsctiption plan, that's why it created PS+.

Don't get me wrong though. I accept it but it's certainly not the favorable plan amongst its peers that offer almost everything Xbox Live does. And Microsoft certainly isn't justified cluttering the Xbox dashboard with ads even for those with Gold, nor to block access to other companie's services through their apps.

I honestly don't mind the paid subscription. Microsoft is providing a service and they have a right to charge for it. If Sony and Nintendo want to offer it for free that's their loss. And clearly Sony was hurting for a paid subsctiption plan, that's why it created PS+.

Don't get me wrong though. I accept it but it's certainly not the favorable plan amongst its peers that offer almost everything Xbox Live does. And Microsoft certainly isn't justified cluttering the Xbox dashboard with ads even for those with Gold, nor to block access to other companie's services through their apps.

why would it be sony's and nintendo's loss? If anything,they would be gaining from this for the next generation should all these rumors be true. Not to mention ps+ doesn't force you to pay for online play,YouTube,etc.(basically almost every app that you could get free anywhere else.)which personally to me is a slap in the face on microsofts part. Edited by Roxas

I guess he meant it's their loss money-wise, they don't get money from online users like Microsoft do.

But heck, it's not like they don't make up for it in other ways.

Sony with their ridiculously-priced memory cards and Nintendo with their ridiculously-priced virtual console games.

No but something was being lost in having these free services for PSN, thats why PSN+ exists to begin with.

Having a "upgraded service" for your online service isn't bad. So long as you do it right. Ps+ actually has some interesting things to owning it that give you more bang for your buck.(like sales,free stuff,etc.) they don't charge you for things that should be free for the user. It's just a bonus you can pay for if you want to. Both Sony and the customer are happy.

I always likened PSN+ to an Amazon Prime type of thing. You're not paying for most of the features, all you're paying for is discounts, access to freebies, and closed betas. It's a bit different from having to pay for freakin' everything but the Pizza Hut app.

• Thumbs Up 3