Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

Wasn't there something on Reddit about that image being a fake?

That's a mockup posted on Reddit weeks ago:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e2s0u/discovered_that_everyone_thinks_a_fake_xbox/

God knows why it's suddenly become huge now.

(also, hi guys!)

As you can see, I don't go on Reddit :P Thanks for the heads up.

OK, NeoGAF appears to have gotten a hold of something.  A Kotaku rumor article got made into a topic there, some people were generally skeptical until someone they apparently trust very much said it wasn't "far from the truth" and they have come to accept it as a possibility; he also said something else(on page 5 of topic):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550584

A few months ago, I spoke to someone familiar with the situation over at MS.

I kept pandering him for performance numbers and how well it translates into what we see on screen. I wanted to know if anything had changed from the leaked specs we had in the original PDF floating around.

A week after the PS4 press conference he cracked and admitted that beta kits were running hotter than they wanted. He claimed the teams is experiencing headaches trying to get all the pieces to fit together in a timely fashion. The last thing he told me was, "Performance, at this moment, is the least of our concerns."

I know this sounds like some sort of fanfic, but I am sure someone or the other can back me up on if they have the courage to do so.

Also, temper your expectations for Ryse. The animation system is supposedly janky. It's not a Kinnect title only btw, it has been converted into a full featured AAA game so that is something atleast.

Edited by FourCartridge

So developers are picking this thing over the Wii U huh?

Huh.

In any case, I still doubt the legitimacy of those rumours. While it's not exactly unlike Microsoft to release (extremely) flawed hardware, why would every developer and their mother be so willing to dismiss the Wii U if this thing was a bitch to develop for? Doesn't make sense.

Moneyhats, and a much larger group of likely early adopters than Nintendo can bring to bear.

So developers are picking this thing over the Wii U huh?

Huh.

In any case, I still doubt the legitimacy of those rumours. While it's not exactly unlike Microsoft to release (extremely) flawed hardware, why would every developer and their mother be so willing to dismiss the Wii U if this thing was a bitch to develop for? Doesn't make sense.

I thought 3rd parties dismissed the Wii U because of a low install base and a(maybe irrational, maybe not) fear of competing with Nintendo's own games; IIRC indie devs have gone on record stating that it was easy to develop on.

Still, almost every rumor so far has been negative. Durango's future looks bleak IMO.

Rumours will be rumours, developers themselves seem far more positive about it (or perhaps are just keeping silent) than journalists.

Not long now til the big reveal..

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg 2m

The house that Xbox built is underway, hopefully we get better weather by the 21st. #XboxReveal

wp_20130513_001iyue9.jpg

339903_lalt.jpg

An outdoor reveal event. icon_dread.gif This could end badly.

Lightning strikes it, fries it, and everyone refueses to buy it XD

Also, for anyone who wants proof always online is a bad idea who thinks its a good idea, look up the netjet, then consider it again

Well since it's a direct event a lot stuff could happen.

Like last year on Sony's conference when they introduced the wonderbook and it wasn't working properly.(sorry)

I'm sure we'll see more blunders besides crappy weather and the tent blowing over (if it does happen) since Microsoft has been consistently known for those since 2010.

*please let there be a storm... please let there be a storm*

What? You telling me it wouldn't be fucking amazing?

Toby McGuire:  "I give you! The Xbox Infinity!"

*A storm then picks up and rips the pavilion to bits with wind and rain flying in everywhere*

It would be the best live stream event ever!

LOL, the reveal of the NextBox will be so awesome that it summons a tornado! All of my yes.

That was almost a full pot, but you forgot to include the oversized controller in your LOL XBOX MEME Extravaganza

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

That was almost a full pot, but you forgot to include the oversized controller in your LOL XBOX MEME Extravaganza

There is no controller

Only Kinect.

Seriously though, one thing I am looking forward to is the Infinity/720's new controller. The 360 controller was pretty much gdlk in every way, it's gonna be hard topping something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Especially when the rumors are all over the map for what it will actually be when it is announced.

• Thumbs Up 2

Especially when the rumors are all over the map for what it will actually be when it is announced.

Thats why the banner itself is vague on everything. Its just some template and as soon as the next xbox is revealed they will replace it.

I'm sure pre-announced pre-order deposits arn't a new thing, game stop leak pages are for 1 example.

The next reveal console will be...

XBOX 360 SII.

:rolleyes:

It worked for Samsung Galaxy...