Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

Having some sort of exclusive DLC means little in that regard.

Though EA has been the force behind online passes, so those should be expected (at the very least).

Blocking used games? Making gamers use consoles dedicated to one disc? Always online? If this is true, then...

I spit on Microsoft for doing this. PAH! There, a nice little puddle is sinking into the carpet. That's for you, Xbox. Sounds immature? Well so does talking your consumer base for a bunch of loyalist chimps. Your next console is going to ROT. The most good that's coming out of this is that you're taking EA with you... You know what? I'm sorry for spitting on you. For locking arms with EA and bonding them to your impending doom, I salute you, Microsoft. You are giving your life so that you may destroy a vile monstrosity.Truly a heroic act of martyrdom. We are all deeply in your debt.

Taking EA with them? ;A;, At least get Mirror's Edge 2 away from the first.

• Thumbs Up 2

Weird, because I thought EA and Sony had a relationship, guess EA is dipping in MS's sugarbowl. 

*Looks a page back and sees the EA deal* I couldn't say I'd actually miss them. The last EA game I bought was SSX, and before that I hadn't bought anything from them in years.

I think you all forgot what the word "rumor" means. I suggest googling it.

...Well you don't have to be a smart ass about it. :<

Point being that lately all of you have been taking every single article out there as fact and flipping out about it.

Nothings confirmed!

Nothings written in stone!!

Nothing is fact!!!

Yet.

So I suggest to all of you do to what I'm doing, take every article you see as speculation, rumor, or fear mongering until we see the damned console for ourselves at E3 and get real answers.

Really guys, just chill. whats the freaking point of panicking over something thats true or not yet? your all driving yourselves into an early grave already by worrying over a video game franchise about a blue hedgehog, no need to add to that stress.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Point being that lately all of you have been taking every single article out there as fact and flipping out about it.

Nothings confirmed!

Nothings written in stone!!

Nothing is fact!!!

Yet.

So I suggest to all of you do to what I'm doing, take every article you see as speculation, rumor, or fear mongering until we see the damned console for ourselves at E3 and get real answers.

Really guys, just chill. whats the freaking point of panicking over something thats true or not yet? your all driving yourselves into an early grave already by worrying over a video game franchise about a blue hedgehog, no need to add to that stress.

Kk, you chill too man lol, no need to go overboard :P

Kk, you chill too man lol, no need to go overboard tongue.png

Someone needed to say it, might as well be this loudmouth.

I'm fine, just looking at these last 5 pages alone gives me a headache. we really dont need to whip ourselves up into a panic over just rumors. the Xbox and Xbox 360 had their share of outlandish rumors back then too, 90% of them never turned out. and I'm sure the PS4 folks have had some of their craaaaazy rumors squashed too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Battlefield... and I love my Sony consoles.... uh-oh

Then you'll like to know EA had a PS4-related shareholder meeting a couple days ago where they talked about how awesome the new Battlefield looked on the system.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I love Battlefield... and I love my Sony consoles.... uh-oh

Don't worry, DICE and especially EA (a.k.a, the cash grabbers) are not stupid enough to decrease potential sales for one of their flagship franchises.

Hell, even BF3 is currently getting extra love on the PS3 at the moment, with PS3 players being the first to play the latest DLC a week before everyone else.

Edited by KrazyBean

Braid Dev: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'
Jonathan Blow explains why The Witness will come to PlayStation 4 first.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/braid-dev-new-xbox-not-strictly-about-games

Looks like the new Xbox is going to flood the dashboard full of non-gaming things, just like the Xbox 360 one. Must be bad if it's putting devs off doing deals with Microsoft. 

The more I hear about good developers not wanting to work with Microsoft, the more I trust the console is going to have next to no exclusives I'm interested in and the happier I am I won't have to get one.  (I really can't think of any franchises I love that would be stupid enough to release a Microsoft exclusive mind you).

I really just have no idea who Microsoft is trying to appeal to right now.  It feels like they're trying to do everything and being mediocre at all of it as a result.  Wii U, PS4 and Steam's ongoing updates are entirely focused around games, and ways of enhancing the personal experience or sharing it with others, near or far.  Microsoft are just...  I actually don't really know.

The only people who care about Kinect are dance games fans and they're probably the kind of casual players that if they have a 360 and Kinect already, they probably have no interest in upgrading (much like "People who want a Wii already have a Wii" syndrome), and all of this additional media stuff the hardcore shooter fanboys don't care about.  Though I get the feeling those hardcore shooter fanboys are the exact people who will buy the new Xbox without even knowing or caring about all the home entertainment system shat they stick in it.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6

Call of Duty & Activision loves the Xbox so I guarantee Call of Duty will be a feature in the new Xbox. Probably future Call of Duty games will be timed-exclusive to the new Xbox and/or have exclusive content.

But to add to that, Microsoft's main aim really is to make money as much as it possibly could from Xbox owners. Besides the Windows brand, I'm sure the Xbox brand is making them a ton load of money. They saw how the Wii became a major success with the casuals. They want those casuals. So I will be not surprised if the next Xbox is centered around Kinect, CoD/Halo/any other FPS and a few sparkles like Forza and Fable.

EA has a great partnership with Sony, but I can see that breaking soon, with EA's force of Origin and Xbox's "always online" DRM scheme. EA would love this.

Personally also, I don't want to pay for XBOX LIVE Gold. Never, especially when PSN and NN are free.

And that's why I'm turning my head already on the new Xbox. PS4/Wii U combo for me in the next gen. 

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

Call of Duty & Activision loves the Xbox so I guarantee Call of Duty will be a feature in the new Xbox. Probably future Call of Duty games will be timed-exclusive to the new Xbox and/or have exclusive content.

The Call of Duty timed exclusivity deal runs out after Black Ops II. It's like Activision knew when the deal was announced a few years ago that the new console would be due 2013, so it'll be interesting to see if that gets renewed or not. 

Braid Dev: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'

Jonathan Blow explains why The Witness will come to PlayStation 4 first.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/braid-dev-new-xbox-not-strictly-about-games

Looks like the new Xbox is going to flood the dashboard full of non-gaming things, just like the Xbox 360 one. Must be bad if it's putting devs off doing deals with Microsoft.

Blow doesn't even know what the next Xbox is like and has admitted that he's never seen the kit. That's the reason he chose PS4 for The Witness; Sony sent his team a devkit out of the blue and made it a done deal, Microsoft didn't do that and he reasonably assumes that it won't cater to games mostly. This is setting aside the archaic publishing models that Microsoft may have changed for all we know. They're kind of going to have to because next to Nintendo and Sony they look pretty pathetic as of now.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god, I hope that's fake......if it's not, they will need some SERIOUSLY good games and innovative and awesome features (Kinect doesn't count as innovative) to make me tolerate that. 

I wasn't even considering getting the next-gen Xbox, but if that always online leak is true then...ah hell no!

Thanks Microsoft, but I'm with Sony and Nintendo now. =3

If this turns out to be true, I'm jumping ship.

Like so.

Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

Really, the only reason I'm on the Xbox anyway is for SEGA titles... Nothing else really appeals to me there.