Awoo.

Xbox 720 / NeXtBox / Durango / Infinity

Red Cap

I was never going to buy the new Xbox anyway so this doesn't bother me by the slightest. *Not a shooters girl*

After the SimCity fiasco, MS would be suicidal to try always-online with the Durango.

No it wouldn't be suicidal (however the idea behind it is suicidal because no one likes always online). The XBOX Live servers are premium (since Gold members pay per year) and MS would had prepared this for years compared to SimCity and EA who just waited 'til launch.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Those "Screenshots" are too perfect to me. something about them seems...off. can't quite place it.

Just seems like some of you guys are just finding reasons to leave. if you really don't want to support the next xbox, then don't. nobody is forcing you to jump ship, your choosing to based on a rumor of all things. at least wait until things are cemented before you say "fuck it I'm out".

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I compare PS3 and 360 exclusives, there's nothing that's been released in recent years exclusively on 360 that interests me except Fable. So if this rumour proves true, I'll have no qualms in jumping ship. Fable's getting worse anyway...

Those "Screenshots" are too perfect to me. something about them seems...off. can't quite place it.

Just seems like some of you guys are just finding reasons to leave. if you really don't want to support the next xbox, then don't. nobody is forcing you to jump ship, your choosing to based on a rumor of all things. at least wait until things are cemented before you say "fuck it I'm out".

Setting aside VGLeaks having the most accurate leaks pertaining to just about anything and got the PS4 down pat as well, nobody is proclaiming it as fact so saying this is just spouting hot air and stifling discussion.

Microsoft have a shit ton to prove and rumors like these are rather realistic considering the circumstances. People are in their right to treat this thing from the worst possible outlook.

• Thumbs Up 2

April will likely see the Nextbox's reveal, so in all likelihood, it won't be long now before these rumors are either validated or put to rest. Let's not get our collective knickers in a twist over mere rumors.

That said, I will dislike the idea of anything being always online until virtually every residential property is hooked up to the internet, and the slowest speeds available are a damn sight faster than they are now. It's way too soon to be doing this always online shit. The current infrastructure isn't going to handle it well, and way too many gamers aren't going to be able to connect at all.

• Thumbs Up 5

If this rumour is true then why bother making a console if I have to install games like a PC?

This shit doesn't seem right to me. dry.png  

Edited by BW199148

Installing means you can be rid of long load times and noise associated with straight-from-disc gameplay. I would approve of it, provided they gave us a 1-2TB HDD at a reasonable price to be going on with, not some pathetic tiny HDD like the Wii U has. .. or at least allow users to attach their own HDDs and produce some kind of nice bay for them to slot into.

• Thumbs Up 3

Installing means you can be rid of long load times and noise associated with straight-from-disc gameplay. I would approve of it, provided they gave us a 1-2TB HDD at a reasonable price to be going on with, not some pathetic tiny HDD like the Wii U has. .. or at least allow users to attach their own HDDs and produce some kind of nice bay for them to slot into.

4TB sounds better and yeah a option to use additional HDD would nice but still seems pointless to me. So I am taking it won't play DVD's and Blu Ray's either so much for being a multimedia machine then if that is true. Games don't take that look to load these day I am not impatient wait a couple of seconds for a game to load.

They better not be one time installions either or locked to one console because that means you can kiss used games goodbye. I also hope the the always on-line rumour isn't true it just doesn't work effective and isn't popular with consumers.

I hate this always negative next-generation rumour mill bullshit trend. Game sites seem to be doing far too often these days just to get views on their site rather than actually typing an article that isn't a short paragraph full of half-truths.sleep.png

I'd just prefer to leave HDD installs optional, rather than force them.

If my friends came round to my house and brought a game.........wait, if these rumours are true, then we wouldn't actually be able to do that so forget it....

In any case, sometimes I just want to pop the disk in and play. Maybe its good for load times, but sometimes I just don't care....

Also, I just realised.....Not sure if anyone else really thought about it but.....if Microsoft have always online requirement for the NextBox.......and they charge you money for XBLA.......

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

I never jumped ship. I never had an Xbox in the first place.

Never really was really planning to get an next-gen Xbox in the future-if I ever did, it would be primarily for backwards compatibility of older games on the Xbox I miss playing (i.e. JSRF), but if this really is true I really can't see anyone buying this except the diehard Xbox faithful. There's also the current SimCity/Origin fiasco EA is going through, and certain disadvantages of buying everything as a downloadable game so...yeah.

I'd just prefer to leave HDD installs optional, rather than force them.

If my friends came round to my house and brought a game.........wait, if these rumours are true, then we wouldn't actually be able to do that so forget it....

In any case, sometimes I just want to pop the disk in and play. Maybe its good for load times, but sometimes I just don't care....

Also, I just realised.....Not sure if anyone else really thought about it but.....if Microsoft have always online requirement for the NextBox.......and they charge you money for XBLA.......

Oh for gods sake, if Micrososft continue charging for every service available on the Xbox INCLUDING Live, then they can just fuck off. Always having it online in a attempt to squeeze more money out of consumers would just piss me off.

Well if publishers are weary of dealing with the new Xbox, then I guess I can check off that potentially disastrous rumor about Mirror's Edge and by extension all EA games being exclusive to this. I only care about Mirror's Edge and SSX.

I don't give a crap if most EA games find their way exclusive to Xbox.

However I'm confident EA's top franchises like Need for Speed, FIFA, The Sims, Dead Space and Madden will remain multiplatform. They always have been, and EA's logo was shown in the PlayStation 4 developers list.

4TB sounds better

what the hell lol.

My PC is like 300GB and I survive off of it. How much do you need?! O.o

what the hell lol.

My PC is like 300GB and I survive off of it. How much do you need?! O.o

You never know! wink.png

EDIT: Also some games are 15GB now so you could eat through 300GB in no Time.

Edited by BW199148

On the 360, when it comes to installing disc games, you need both the game disc and the downloaded data to play the game. Isn't it possible that Durango/720/ShreXbox will simply require game installs, but you can start playing immediately and the game disc still functions as the "key" to unlocking the game data on your harddrive as it did on the 360.

Then, like Sony is hinting at, it'll be up to the publishers wether they impose an additional used game fee. Either for online content or for all content.

I don't know, I have a feeling that both MS and Sony are playing chicken with each other, hoping they're both going to make the same decisions when it comes to this stuff so neither one nor the other looks bad when all the details are revealed.    

Xbox 720

Always Online, Always Connected, Always in Stock

I'm still on the fence of getting the nextbox regardless of the "always online" crap. I really did like my 360, but the problem is it never had any exclusives. Yeah they got Halo ,Gears,and Fable but that's really it. They have more exclusives, but it's just like Nintendo's problem with the F-Zero and Starfox franchises. You have the franchises, but you never make any new games. It's very hard for me to think of more then 5 exclusives that Microsoft has, 3 of which they barely use.

I can already install the entire game to my 360 to lower load times and shut up the obnoxious disc drive. Don't force me to do it. It's annoying enough on the PS3; and those games usually only install 5GB or so.

I can already install the entire game to my 360 to lower load times and shut up the obnoxious disc drive. Don't force me to do it. It's annoying enough on the PS3; and those games usually only install 5GB or so.

I'm not keen on it being forced either (approval not equating to liking, you understand), I mean it pretty much ruins any Christmas where you unbox a much-anticipated game and have to endure three quarters of an hour or more waiting for the damn thing to install.

I still want a hefty HDD though. Anything less than 500GB will be severely disappointing.

The hard drive they include is much less important to me then them making it open to replace. My 60GB HDD on my PS3 was filled up within a month of buying the thing. I spent $50 and replaced it something that took 2 years to fill. Then I spent $50 again and replaced it with something that to this day I have 350GB left on and will likely never fill.

Meanwhile, my 360 didn't come with a hard drive, and I spent $40 more to put in a knock-off of the official hard drive that is still only 1/3rd the size of the one in my PS3.

If Battlefield remains multi-platform then I wouldn't mind switching to the PS4...because the 720 sounds like ass right now.

• 2 weeks later...