• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• TheGerkuman

• Hawkz

• Johnny Sasaki

I'll just copy and paste my post from before (which was also from another forum):

I've been a fan of the Dragon Ball series for at least ten years now, and words don't even begin to describe how much this movie sickens me. Seriously, just look at it. It's like the makers of this movie seriously went out of their way to screw everything up that made the Dragon Ball series good in the first place. I honestly can't think of a single positive thing to say about this movie. I really can't. Here's hoping it crashes and burns when it's released in theatres, like the piece of crap it is. And then maybe the "trilogy" that they have planned won't come into existence. "Evolution", my behind.

For real? I rreeeeaaalllllllllllyyyyy think DBZ would make a bad live action movie. Not that its a bad idea. I'm just saying that It, I really don't think, wouldn't work to well.

It's so goddamn bad that I'm almost guaranteed to laugh my ass off at it. That justifies a rental, I'd say.

I do have to wonder who the hell they're actually marketing this towards, tho'.

This movie will kill Dragonball. My friends who are Dragonball fans HATE this upcoming live-action movie. Goku doesn't even LOOK like Goku....

For real? I rreeeeaaalllllllllllyyyyy think DBZ would make a bad live action movie.

It isn't just Dragon Ball Z. The entire concept of converting anime to live action moves, period, is a bad idea. Especially with the way THEY'RE doing it.

This movie will kill Dragonball. My friends who are Dragonball fans HATE this upcoming live-action movie. Goku doesn't even LOOK like Goku....

Bulma doesn't even LOOK like Bulma. Master Roshi doesn't even LOOK like Master Roshi.

AND:

DBMovie8.png

Piccolo_(Dragon_Ball)_photo.jpg

Well at least it's just the characters from Dragon Ball.

I swear if they make one about BBZ, Future-Trunks better be equally awesome as he was in the anime.

EDIT: BBZ, *LOLs*

Edited by The Blue Dude

It isn't just Dragon Ball Z. The entire concept of converting anime to live action moves, period, is a bad idea. Especially with the way THEY'RE doing it.

Very true! Did you ever see the live action death note? I thought it was garbage.

Is this American made or a import? *to lazy to read the whole wiki* Cause if its American made it could be like the transformers live action movie.

Bulma doesn't even LOOK like Bulma. Master Roshi doesn't even LOOK like Master Roshi.

AND:

DBMovie8.png

Piccolo_(Dragon_Ball)_photo.jpg

Well at least it's just the characters from Dragon Ball.

I swear if they make one about BBZ, Future-Trunks better be equally awesome as he was in the anime.

EDIT: BBZ, *LOLs*

OMFG, is that Piccolo?! XD XD

No wonder my friends are so angry with this film. I bet they can't even act well. D=

Btw, do you know that there is a Street Fighter live-action movie coming up? And Tom and Jerry live-action is in the works too? XP

OMFG, is that Piccolo?! XD XD

No wonder my friends are so angry with this film. I bet they can't even act well. D=

Btw, do you know that there is a Street Fighter live-action movie coming up? And Tom and Jerry live-action is in the works too? XP

There was street fighter movies before. Saw one it wasn't very good. This one coming up is based on the anime. Heard it wasn't to good and had a lot of unnecessary stuff in it. The guy I heard it from said you might as well watch the game then the movie.

I am sure to be entertained by this, not because I think it will be good, but because I know it will be bad.

It's similar to how I can actually enjoy the Super Mario Bros movie every time I watch it with my friend. We're two big Mario fans, but that movie is so god awful, that you have to laugh at it big time. Plus, inside jokes.

I am a Dragonball fan, and the only way to make me actually disgusted, would be to make an animated series based off of this movie.

I'm not even a big DBZ fan, and this is even pissing me off how horrible this looks. And you think the movie looks bad? Have you seen clips of the upcoming PSP game? That's not even laughably bad. It's just BAD.

I'm not even a big DBZ fan, and this is even pissing me off how horrible this looks. And you think the movie looks bad? Have you seen clips of the upcoming PSP game? That's not even laughably bad. It's just BAD.

I played the psp DBZ game where you play as future trunks and you have to go back in time and get all the Z worriors. Lets just say the plot gets reeeeaaallly confusing and weird.

Really the only DBZ game I like was the first dbz game on the ps2. Thing was awesome cause it had all the voice acting and they made it like the show when they did the cut scenes not the heads with word bubbles. Thats just laziness.

I own a

that's actually not half bad, with the exception that the controls are a little tight. One of the few good things to come out of the series from my standpoint.

I own a
that's actually not half bad, with the exception that the controls are a little tight. One of the few good things to come out of the series from my standpoint.

Looks kind of like battle 22. Another one I liked was one on the super Nintendo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDDs10lNI4 Hyper Dimension It was the first Dbz game I played though.

I'm not even a fan, and this annoys me. I don't understand how they're going to do half of the DBZ effects they need without it looking awful.

Guys, you're using the wrong Piccolo. This is Dragonball. As in, you know, the first bit? With the younger Goku and no aliens and such?

daimaodb1du0.jpg vs still.jpeg

Plus he seems to get greener as the movie goes on. I'm still going to see this with an open mind, I liked X-men even if most of the fans hated it, should be the same with this.

Edit: In case some of you wanted to see the newest stuff, here's the site to go to. http://dbthemovie.com It's better than bashing the film with no actual evidence, (which is like, 90% of the posts here. XD So what if it offends your nostalgia, that's why we have the Nostalgia Critic to remove our rose-tinted specs. :D)

Edited by Gerkuman.2

This movie looks so frikkin fugly. There are so many inaccuracies when related to the normal DB and none of the chars look like their anime counterparts. Just by that it goes into fail zone.

Piccolo looks like sith lord.

Piccolo looks like sith lord.

Lawl, he does a bit. XD

I'm not a Dragonball fan either, and I can already tell that this is not going to be a good movie at all. Ok sure, it won't hurt the franchise really but gawd it looks awful. And no, characters don't look like the ones from the anime either. Take Master Roshi for example. IMO, that's the worst one. >.<

Yet nearly everyone will go and see it, and the critics will probably give it a mixed response. (that is to say, some good and some bad reviews)

It's like Watchmen. XD

Edited by Gerkuman.2

Without seeing either I'd rate Watchmen above this... Watchmen has stayed far closer to the source material (I hear) then this.

God damn, I can certainly feel the love in the air here.

This movie won't be awesome, let's conceed this fact right now. It might be crap for all we know. But I have to say, the fact that movie is going on it;s own tangent, and making it;s own name, I respect that.

Much in the same way I respect Super Mario Bros. the movie when that was released. Only thing that was Mario were the names, the concept of them being plumbers and the bob-omb. Everything else had sweet FA to do with the games, but you know what, I thought it was a fun "brain off" piece of entertainment. It was it's own universe.

I love Dragon Ball. It was much better than Dragon Ball Z and certainly a whole lot better than GT. At first I was kinda bummed they were making it. But then I started to think, well, you know what, haven't quite given this movie a chance. One of the greatest aspects of Dragon Ball was never the fighting. Nor the action. Dragon Ball was all about the journey and what comes in between is what made the series. Dragon Ball was certainly more comedy in it's beginnings than action. The show was comedy right up until the climax of the Arc and then it would chill back down to goofy Goku hogging down on some food. And that's what made the show so great. You got a glimpse of this humble, naive but certainly very likeable young boy, and watching him grow into the warrior he is at the very end of the series when he fights Piccolo Jnr at the Martial Arts tourney at the end of DB.

So long as the movie captures this sense of goofiness from Goku, comedy from the supporting characters and has an epic adventure involving dragon balls, I think I will be quite satisfied. The adaptation of the movie was never to carbon copy the series onto the big screen (to be honest, if they did I would be bored shitless. Why would I waste 15 bucks to go see something that is on Saturday morning cartoons that I get for free?). At least the movie is giving the audience a fresh take on the series. Toriyama (dude who wrote the manga way back in the day) himself said he is looking at this movie with fresh eyes, as a whole new universe of dragon ball. He is psyched for it. Good on him. I am.

Masters as Piccolo was a great casting call. He has the pronounced cheek bones and everything without makeup. The way he looks in those production photos.... my god he looks cool. Chatwin as Goku I can forgive because I prefer than than Shia (lol Shia joke!). He seems to be trying to act like generic teenager #1, but that's how Gohan was playing the part in the Great Sayaiman prelude before Majin Buu at high school, so, I can forgive that. Rossum as Bulma certainly has the spunk factor down. I lol'd when they included the blue streak in her hair, but, I suppose that was the fan service talking. Joon Park looks down right sexy as Yum-Cha. And the one star I was surprised to see was Chow Yun Fat as Roshi. Roshi is meant to have a beard I conceed this and it is a bit weird looking at him and associating him that with the character, but, so long as he is a down right pervert and strong to boot, I will be pleased.

Clicky Clicky

Go to the above link for some awesome movie footage, video of the live scoring of dragon ball and some behind the scenes videos. The actors seem to have enjoyed what they made and are proud. (No I dont work for the site lol).

Give the movie a chance. Could be bad, could be crap. It will all lie in the spirit of the show, and if I have fun watching it. If it rekindles that sense of nostalgia I get whenever I hear Cha-La Head Cha La, or the original Dragon Ball OP, then it's a winner.

Still not keen on that song "Action" sung by that JPOP star though....

I think the movie itself will be good. However the movie to a Dragonball fan will probably be shit, I know my soul is dying a bit on the inside. I'm going to go see it and just pray that this movie doesn't make me leave half way through.

Yet nearly everyone will go and see it

Trust me, I'm not spending one CENT to go see this movie. The makers of this abomination aren't getting any money from me whatsoever, and like I said in one of my previous post, I hope it bombs when it's released in theatres like the piece of crap it is.

Edited by Scorch

But it ISN'T Crap. It can't be crap until it's released. Perhaps more things that were better than they looked could survive if we were more open minded.