Awoo.

Your thoughts on Sonic having a more expandable Rogues Gallery?

Johnny Boy

Bean and Bark would be an excellent version of Fang. They would have taken place of Knuckles in S3&K as enemies that cause havoc randomly in stages.

Or how about we just have Fang himself instead of a version of him in two characters?

Or how about we just have Fang himself instead of a version of him in two characters?

More the merrier, in terms of antagonists. So what about my idea of the Hunter-type of character being in a Sonic game?

More the merrier, in terms of antagonists. So what about my idea of the Hunter-type of character being in a Sonic game?

Eh, kinda skeptical. I happen to support it, but you'd have to really make it work for me to pass judgement.

>Page 2

>No mention of Captain Whisker, Mimi and Mum, or Johnny

SSMB, I am disappoint.

That being said, this guy really needs to show up more often. He's the Eggman Nega Nega. Whereas Eggman Nega serves as a foil to Eggman by further exaggerating his more formal and calculating side, Whisker does the complete opposite by expanding upon his bombasticness and spontaneity. He was a total blast in Sonic Rush Adventure and it's a shame we've neither seen him since. Unlike Black Doom, Erazor Djinn, or SCR-HD; characters that most people label as being jarringly out of place for the series, he fits in just fine amongst the colourful crew of Sonic and friends, and I would love too see him and his metallic moustache once again.

...and I mean sheesh, he even comes with his own entourage of entertaining antagonists. His lackies Mini and Mum were arguably the precursor to Orbot and Cubot, and Johnny's a perfectly awesome rival to Sonic in his own right. I'd love to see any of them again, really.

(Also, I'd love to see Sonic Team do a Chaotix and integrate the Battle Kukkus into the game canon somehow. But, like Fang [whom they are infinitely more interesting than], it will never happen.)

Edited by E-10000B
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather not see Eggman usurped as the Final Boss, especially when he's only just now got back to being the final boss in the last couple of games.

But I would however like to see more antagonists with no connection to Eggman in the series.

Generations pegged them down as criminals.

I thought that was just Fang? Bean, Bark, Mighty and Ray just had "MISSING" posters didn't they?

EDIT: Nope, my bad, double-checked and you're right. Guess they got into some shady business after the whole fighting championship didn't work out.

Edited by JezMM

>Page 2

I guess the trouble with them is that, at the moment, they're too closely associated with Eggman/Nega, their creators. It would be possible to spin them out as independent characters, given that they act independently for the most part, but they're still heavily dependent on a pirate-themed setting. Also, I think they might be dead, but that's the thing about robot characters: They can be rebuilt. Actually, rebuilding them would be an easy way to let them appear outside of Blaze's world, for that matter.

Actually, what's preventing a lot of these old antagonists from reappearing is the fact that the plots of Sonic games these days tend to be too epic. Characters like Nack and Whisker are better-suited to relatively low-key stories, I think.

I'd rather not see Eggman usurped as the Final Boss, especially when he's only just now got back to being the final boss in the last couple of games.

But I would however like to see more antagonists with no connection to Eggman in the series.

^I dunno, I wouldn't mind Eggman occasionally not being around...

>Page 2

Johnny is pretty much my favorite Sonic rival.

I can see the appeal for him more than I can Whisker at least. I mean he was cool and all for one game, but he's just a mechanical Eggman. =/

I honestly cannot see why people like Johnny so much, he pissed me off so much with those goddamm races/

Same here. Not to mention I thought he was too simular to Jet with the whole 'I'm the fastest guy around' attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see the appeal for him more than I can Whisker at least. I mean he was cool and all for one game, but he's just a mechanical Eggman. =/

I can't really speak for why others like Johnny, but I've always preferred him over Jet, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't Cpt. Whiskers and Johnny get, y'know, blown up at the end of SRA....?

After you beat Big Swell, Whisker is nowhere to be seen, so I can guess it can said he blew up. Johnny just up and left after the boss fight with him and Whisker so who knows where he went.

Edited by Shadic Claus

Didn't Cpt. Whiskers and Johnny get, y'know, blown up at the end of SRA....?

Whisker did. Johnny ran off just before the Ghost Titan fight.

• 8 months later...

Yes, I agree that Sonic should have a bigger Rogues Gallery.

We should bring back Fang, Babylon Rogues, Eggman Nega, Orbot and Cubot(maybe the Kukus, King Boom Boo, and Witchcart too). The Babylon Rogues would be the lesser of two evils to Fang/Nack, as Rouge would be an outright hero (at least compared to Babylons/Fang). Orbot and Cubot sometimes pilot a Robotnik mech in lieu of the man himself. Maybe Orbot drives and Cubot mans the gun. The Babylon Rogues could be like Knuckles in S3&K. Fang could be the same. Also, perhaps add new villains? Here are some ideas:

* A villain that turns Sonic's love of chilidogs against him, like Pizzaface from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He would fill his chilidogs with disgusting diploma like knives, pins, starfish, etc. He attacks with these as well as grease and chili.

* A mad scientist who is like Dr.Frankenstein. He builds his monster and uses it to fight.

* A villain with control over cockroaches. He uses them as his main weapon.

* Deranged fashion designer whom Rouge abhorres.

I wouldn't mind a bigger baddie list, but I'm in the camp I want to see new villains. Fang would be cool to bring back, but I don't see him doing anything that'll scare Sonic... he's too weak/ skill set is under powered by everyone else. Sonic would eat him alive. That pop gun would never touch him. But whatever they do I just want them to be well written, if that then it's gold :D

I'd really like for them to introduce some new animal antagonists that, and this is important, DO NOT become friends with Sonic at the end of the game. As it is, we just get one-shot villains and then yet another addition to the loads and loads of friends.

I don't think we need to increase the volume of giant cataclysmic monsters or tyranical rulers. The series gets those on a pretty regular basis.

While not exactly a rogue group, I'd like to see neutral-heroic factions like GUN and Team Dark actually be antagonistic towards the more heroic characters while still trying to fight the same threat.

While not exactly a rogue group, I'd like to see neutral-heroic factions like GUN and Team Dark actually be antagonistic towards the more heroic characters while still trying to fight the same threat.

That would rock! Silver hunting Sonic again and revealing his good intentions only for Sonic to pummel him, Rouge and Omega on a raid, Knuckles rescuing Rouge from some well-deserved karma and Sonic calling him out... Moral ambiguity FTW!

• Thumbs Up 4

I think that - also - not all new bad guys should have to be "bigger bad" status. Most villains (other than Eggman) tend to be giant superpowered minor deities, and I think that shtick is getting overplayed in this series.

I'd like to see more from the supervillain category, like ol' Eggman himself. We've got Eggman as the resident mad genius, so perhaps some other themed villains could be utilized. Witchcart returning as a silly magical-themed villain would be amazing, for example. And I think a showstopping musical villain would be more than welcome (Remember Dark Gaia making all the townspeople dance? Like that, but with far more pizzaz).

With enough "regular" villains (i.e., not giant god monsters), we might even eventually get to see some of them team up in their efforts. Seeing Eggman pal around with some of his bad-guy buddies could make for some great, clever comedy in this series.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

That would rock! Silver hunting Sonic again and revealing his good intentions only for Sonic to pummel him, Rouge and Omega on a raid, Knuckles rescuing Rouge from some well-deserved karma and Sonic calling him out... Moral ambiguity FTW!

Can you do me a favor and either fully read my post and respond appropriately or never quote it at all? I'm pretty sure you're aware of how irritated the members here are with your stories, and I've been the one sticking up for you if only because you're young. Usually I just leave you be when you post your nigh-fanfic ideas, but this isn't gonna be one of those times.