Awoo.

Your thoughts on Sonic having a more expandable Rogues Gallery?

Johnny Boy

Been some good points in this thread, and I think I will ressurect this by putting forward some additional points:
A) Battle Beak Armada is technicly game cannon, it originated in the title Tail's Adventure. So technicly it would be straightforward and easy for SEGA to use them if they just wanted two
B ) Despite the fact he appears on the wanted poster I wouldnt nessecarily say that Bark is a villian, my own thought is that he even could have been a polar researcher, and due to his fighting against sonic who stole his emerald, he got labeled a bad guy. However him returning as a bad guy or a rouge thug would be more useful than just another ally

C) just because sonic is faster, that does not mean that he would be useless in an one on one fight. We actualy saw in sonic the fighters, that he can go head to head to sonic(and that is the most neutral situation we are ever going to get), thought he is proably about the same strength as sonic, he has his own skills, tricks, traps, and abilities he can pit against sonic, and I doubt he would be using a pop-gun anymore, unless it was a trick laden, heavily modified one. Plenty of stuff they could build upon.

This is a good place to focus on some expanded villian gallery, so lets use it

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Been some good points in this thread, and I think I will ressurect this by putting forward some additional points:

A) Battle Beak Armada is technicly game cannon, it originated in the title Tail's Adventure. So technicly it would be straightforward and easy for SEGA to use them if they just wanted two

B ) Despite the fact he appears on the wanted poster I wouldnt nessecarily say that Bark is a villian, my own thought is that he even could have been a polar researcher, and due to his fighting against sonic who stole his emerald, he got labeled a bad guy. However him returning as a bad guy or a rouge thug would be more useful than just another ally

C) just because sonic is faster, that does not mean that he would be useless in an one on one fight. We actualy saw in sonic the fighters, that he can go head to head to sonic(and that is the most neutral situation we are ever going to get), thought he is proably about the same strength as sonic, he has his own skills, tricks, traps, and abilities he can pit against sonic, and I doubt he would be using a pop-gun anymore, unless it was a trick laden, heavily modified one. Plenty of stuff they could build upon.

This is a good place to focus on some expanded villian gallery, so lets use it

It's the Battle BIRD Armada. Or the Battle Kuku Army. There's no "Beak" anywhere.

I would love to see Fang and the Battle Kukku Army return (although Fang always struck me as more of an antihero). The Nocturnus Tribe are also pretty cool, but they would need to be reworked. Maybe replace "captured by a tentacle monster" with "warped 2000 years into the future by a timestone"? They could be trying to regain control over South Island or something!

Also, I miss the days when Team Dark were morally ambiguous. They worked so well as antagonists, but then Next Gen ruined everything by making them straight-up heroes!

Changing villains up keeps things refreshing; that we aren't tired of Eggman is solely because he's been kind of downplayed as the main villain from 1998-2008. In addition, the gap between releases allows us to crave more; regular releases such as comics or TV shows do not have this luxury.

I'd be more than happy to see the cast of villains expand, albeit with Eggman remaining the central threat. The Archie strips under Ian Flynn have done this well I think; there's a variety of nemeses with their own competing agendas, yet Eggman is still on top of the priority list. Logically the same general concept could work for the games; it'd be an excellent opportunity for story if the enemies have competing goals, in which case the heroes might exploit it or have to make a tough choice to work with one or the other.

On a half serious half joking note, I think Alex Kidd would make a great villain and sidekick to Dr. Eggman. Years of being neglected and overshadowed by the blue blur and his role as the local hero in the area have forced him to take drastic measures. Kill that dratted hedgehog so he can take back the spotlight! tongue.png

I'll be honest here.

I've always kind of wanted to see Alex Kidd make at least a one-shot return as some sort of petty villain. His life was ruined by Sonic so it... kind of would actually make sense and be fairly humorous.

Heck, even grow him up and have him go by "Alex Mann," only for it to turn out he's just in stilts and having various other implements to make it look like he grew up.

Alas, SEGA's so protective of their property they won't have a bit of jolly good fun with it. :(

Have you ever heard of the game Segagaga? It's a game Sega made for the Dreamcast poking fun at their franchises and themselves as a company, it was quite obscure and only released in Japan but it features cameos from many SEGA characters. 

Here's a translated version of a cutscene featuring Alex Kidd from that game where they make fun of him being overshadowed by Sonic and Sega. tongue.png

"Alex Mann"

Huh. I wasn't aware Red, Blu, and Grey had a kid brother tongue.png.

...Joking btw.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

I would love to see Fang and the Battle Kukku Army return (although Fang always struck me as more of an antihero). The Nocturnus Tribe are also pretty cool, but they would need to be reworked. Maybe replace "captured by a tentacle monster" with "warped 2000 years into the future by a timestone"? They could be trying to regain control over South Island or something!

Rather than the Nocturnus be warped 2000 years into the future, why not make it a freak accident that they were sent to another dimension instead of the Argus Event?

Although we could still use the "years into the future" plot for something else with them too.