Awoo.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Sequel in the works!

Lobotomy

Slightly disappointed at news of another All-Stars Racing, but not really anything to complain about.

I'm always for another fun kart racing game.

If there's one thing I want in a new ASR, it'd be unlockable vehicles for each character.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Scarlet Spider. XP

Edited by BlueChaos

I'll get it if there's online multiplayer for the PC version. Otherwise, I'll skip this for the same reason I did for the last one.

I wish we had as much respect as Kotaku. We got word from a developer at Sumo Digital (though indirectly) and no one took our report seriously :P

Anyway, glad to see it near enough confirmed now. I really enjoyed the first game and bought it 4 times over for Wii, DS, PS3 and Xbox 360 XD

DREAM TRACK LIST COZ I FEEL LIKE IT

Angel Island

Launch Base

Tropical Resort

Windmill Isle

Mystic Cave

Green Forest

Ice Cap

Lost World

Eggmanland

That's Sonic's lot, and I would love every character to get track representation this time.

(I know Tropical Resort was in Generations but I think it'd lend itself well to a racetrack, especially an opening one).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I played it and it was alright, but racers are one of the few genres I really do prefer playing with others. Especially with games like Mario Kart and All-Stars Racing, which focus on goofy antics over hardcore skill, and stuff like that is better shared with others than with the CPU.

• Thumbs Up 4

I played it and it was alright, but racers are one of the few genres I really do prefer playing with others. Especially with games like Mario Kart and All-Stars Racing, which focus on goofy antics over hardcore skill, and stuff like that is better shared with others than with the CPU.

Not gonna disagree with that cause it couldn't be more true. But when you can pick it up for a fiver on PC (or $10-15 on consoles with online) seems like you're a fool to pass it up.

Maybe we'll see some ToeJam and Earl finally.

YES PLEASE. After finishing the game I checked the internet daily for information on DLC of them. >:| It would also be great to have a Funkotron track with Peabo in the background krankin' some of them crazy ol' beats. ;P

Also, I want some more representation for other franchises. I understand the choice of Sonic characters last time, but it was a bit too unbalanced. NiGHTS and Ristar are a must!

EDIT: I hope Opa-Opa returns! He was my primary character. =D

Edited by Lungo

(I know Tropical Resort was in Generations but I think it'd lend itself well to a racetrack, especially an opening one).

Just as long as we get a nice remix out of it. :P

Didn't play the original ASR, but I'll probably grab this one for PC, especially if online play is available.

I assume that it's down to Kotaku's toy report that this topic exists...

If thats the case then we might be waiting a while for photos of the toys to confirm the game beyond doubt. If Jazwares are the company making them, they would appear to have these stickers all over their booth.

Toy-Fair-2012-JW-Mortal-Kombat-0020_1329066542.jpg

DO NOT PHOTOGRAPH

Whilst it's... not exactly stopping people, it will mean there won't be loads of photos for a while yet since most people will be taking pics of the more popular franchises.

Anyone else really want Banjo again for this? Even if signs indicate it's only for Wii U, 3DS and Vita, I really want there to be a 360 version with Banjo. A, because he's awesome. B, because I don't want him to be dead.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else really want Banjo again for this? Even if signs indicate it's only for Wii U, 3DS and Vita, I really want there to be a 360 version with Banjo. A, because he's awesome. B, because I don't want him to be dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't personally care for Banjo, but I don't see any harm in him being present. As long as he isn't taking a spot that's better suited for another SEGA icon or, say, Mario or something.

(Hey, if Sonic can show up in Brawl, then Mario can show up in ASR)