Awoo.

Who are your favorite voice actors from the sonic series

Debug Ring

Don't we have like a million of these topics already?

That 'Roger Craig Smith' topic should turn into the main voice actor topic cause everybody is talking about the other voice actors in general besides Roger.

Edited by sonfan1984

Most of the current (i.e Colours ~ present) cast. Smith does a fantastic job at emoting AND acting. With Drummond you got the energy and emotion, but almost nothing with regards to acting. The Griffith, you got a little better acting, but little by the way of emotion.

Mike Pollock is Mike Pollock and he needs no justification.

Kate Higgins does a great job with Tails

The rest of the cast, I haven't really heard enough of. Free Riders was a throw-away script with nothing going for it to use it as a means of measuring quality of performance.

When it comes the the video games, Deem Bristow (and like i always feel the need to point out when stating this fact, i had this opinion way before he died). He was pretty much the only voice actor of the pre-4 kids cast other than perhapes the two guys who did Knuckles who i would actually call a talented actor.

The 4-kids cast wasn't much better when it came to acting, and since (unlike most of the original voice cast) the sound of their voices more often than not didn't even fit their characters, i consider this the darkest era in Sonic game voice acting history. The woman who did Amy (Amy Pallant, i think her name was... im to lazy to open another window and google it) actually did sound better than the chick who did Amy's voice before though. Mike Pollock is a good actor, but i never thought his voice fitted Eggman. It sounds to much like a "big, angy, burly"-Bowser-esque villain.

Pretty much everyone of the newest voice cast except the people who voice Amy and Shadow are good actors, but many of the voices still doesn't fit the characters since pretty much everyone except Craig Smith seems to be doing an impression of their characters previous 4-kids voice. Seriosuly Sega, why the hell go through the trouble of replacing nearly all the voice actors if youre gonna have the new ones trying to sound exactly like the old ones? Poor Knuckles... and poor poor Vector... sad.png

Oh well, anyway, my favorite among the newest vocies is probably Tails', and the characters whose voice has improved the most since the switch is Jet.

When it comes to voices in other media; Jim Cummings and Rob Paulsen. Some of the best voice actors of all time, so yeah, of course they were good in SatAM as well.

Edited by batson

My favorite Sonic voice actors are Jaleel White, Jim Cummings(Satam Robotnik), David Humphrey(Shadow's original English voice actor), and Laura Bailey(Blaze's current English voice actress).

• Thumbs Up 1

In all seriousness, in addition to not taking voices as seriously as the rest of the fanbase, there's only a handful of certain voices I have/had any real problems with. Otherwise I usually like or am indifferent towards them (or in the case of certain characters like Blaze, I like both equally).

Having said that, Scott Dreier has always been my favourite Knuckles.

Karen Strassman, current voice of Rouge. It's just too perfect. Coupled with her portrayal in Riders, there's some serious potential for awesome there.

• Thumbs Up 6

The current voice of Rouge is awesome, and far better then all her other voices. Seriously, if I met a woman IRL who talked like that it would be instant boner.

Blaze's VA's...... past and present.

Both do exceedingly excellent jobs when working with our feline princess, and if I'm not mistaken, Bella Hudson also doubled as the voice of Sharah the ring genie -- a potential disaster waiting to happen, but she made it work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze's VA's...... past and present.

Both do exceedingly excellent jobs when working with our feline princess, and if I'm not mistaken, Bella Hudson also doubled as the voice of Sharah the ring genie -- a potential disaster waiting to happen, but she made it work.

Bella Hudson also voiced Wave, using damn near the same voice for Shahra and Blaze too I might add.

I think my favourite Sonic voice actor would be Junichi Kanemaru because his voice is faster and catchy than the English Sonic voice actors. Junichi's voice appealed to me the most in Sonic Adventure.

I used to hear the English voice actors of the Sonic series, but last year I started hearing the Japanese voice actors when I play Sonic Adventure on my Xbox 360, and the Japanese voices were deemed impressive to me than the English ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

No doubt Mike Pollock, Junichi Kanemaru and Roger Craig Smith! They really know how to make a character come alive!

Edited by Zany Mallet Maniac

I think my favourite Sonic voice actor would be Junichi Kanemaru because his voice is faster and catchy than the English Sonic voice actors. Junichi's voice appealed to me the most in Sonic Adventure.

I used to hear the English voice actors of the Sonic series, but last year I started hearing the Japanese voice actors when I play Sonic Adventure on my Xbox 360, and the Japanese voices were deemed impressive to me than the English ones.

I agree with this entirely. I hoped I wouldn't be the first person in this thread to mention it, but yes, I find Kanemaru's voice far more fitting to Sonic's attitude than I could even credit Ryan Drummond with. There's also the plus that, Kanemaru, as well as the rest of the Japanese cast, has been consistently in every game since 1998. There's something to be said for that, probably the most relevant being the statement it makes regarding how VA's are treated in their industry in this country compared to Japan where they are lauded as celebrities by more than just fans of the series their voices are featured in.

Edited by NeutralChao

I like Ryan Drummands voice the most, but his actual performance is terrible. If he could learn to act like the current guy, he'd be perfect.

For Eggman, I love Jim Cummings, but it's far too menacing for Dr.Eggman. Maybe Eggman Nega. But not Eggman Prime. I think my favorite voice for him is Edwin Neal from the Sonic OVA. Don't see what's so great about Mike Pollock.

I guess Tails current VA is best, as it's the only one that doesn't bug the crap out of me.

Don't have many opinions regarding the others.

I definitely agree with you on Edwin Neal as far as English Eggman VA's go, as well as Ryan Drummond. He just received some very, very bad direction during the recording for SA1/2. The worst for SA1; they weren't even told what the scene was, they were just told, "Now you're scared," or "Now you're surprised" before they were given the chance to record the line it was in reference to.