Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I love all these shots, the planet seems interesting

As you can see here it has no machinery, what so ever

boxartlg.jpg

Now onto here, the first zone:

screenlg4.jpg

As you can see there is eyes and a slight nose being built, resembling the Death Egg.

In the Metal Sonic cutscene it has a moustache and a nose making it look much more Death Egg like

screenlg8.jpg

It appears the planet may be important to the Plot with the tansition of changing and it being on the thumbnail for EP2

Consider me hyped :)

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 7

You mean other than the fact that the last game was full of them, and they were nothing but lame homing attack bridges?

Oh yeah...now that I look back there were *that* many Bubbles. I didn't know this until you pointed it out. @.@

Hopefully there won't be as much Bubbles in this sequel. But...I just hoping...

See Sega THIS is a sequel, this is a fucking SEQUEL.

Don't get your hopes up about that yet. We still don't know if the physics have been fixed.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight

Obviously can't say anything about level design or how controls seem, but I'm really liking some of the level styles so far, even if it is a mere 4 zones. Also is that the ice level having water as well as the Aquatic Ruin styled level?

Also the ice level reminds me of White Acropolis and Twinkle Snow with the night time ice level with pine trees and aurora borealis, only Eggman built a theme park instead of a base. It's just so nice to see, at least visually, something new after the complete rehash of Episode 1, and of course, the "Best Of" game that was Generations.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Screenshots look purdy. Its nice to see that the new carnival level looks nothing like the ones in Sonic 3, Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, etc; the Sonic series has gone through nearly every setting available for its zones at this point, so there's no problem with revisiting old ideas but with a completely different look and feel.

Still, until I see gameplay footage, I refuse to care about this game.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, Ep. 1 did have cutscenes sooooooooooo..........

Ah yeah..those poorly excuses of cutscenes...

No, I mean the proper cutscenes like in the classic games. ^_^

Has anyone pointed out that Metal Sonic is riding the Tail's Rocket from Sonic 4's "get to da death egg" cutscene?

screenlg8.jpg

horey shet. It doesn't look like crap! How is it possible that it doesn't look like crap?! Is this... PROGRESS?!

Oh wow. This actually looks really nice. The environment doesn't consist of fugly slightly-higher-than-GBA-res sprites! IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL! I had no interest whatsoever in this game until now! Those zone tropes, while "rehashed", are doing it the right way in that they look more like mish-mashes more than anything. A snow carnival? That's awesome!

Hype activate!

Has anyone pointed out that Metal Sonic is riding the Tail's Rocket from Sonic 4's "get to da death egg" cutscene?

Maybe there's a cutscene where Sonic and Tails are about to take the rocket to the planet, and Metal Sonic just lolno's them and takes the rocket, starting the boss fight.

Edited by Professor Westwood V
  • Thumbs Up 1

My head is spinning right now! This is leaps and bounds better than E1, both graphically and concept wise. Maybe cause of the Wii version is why E1 looks like that.....but I don't care now! If they pull off E2 and manage to lock on to E1 with all of its graphics goodness, then we have an epic game.

screenlg8.jpg

That's why Tails is angry in that pic: "Metal Nigga stole mah rocket!"

Also

screenlg3.jpg

I forgot the name of the badnik, but he has such a derpy face in that pic :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshots look purdy. Its nice to see that the new carnival level looks nothing like the ones in Sonic 3, Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, etc;

It DOES look like Sky Park from Rivals and Ice Paradise from Advance 2

• Thumbs Up 4

Well it doesn't look awful at all. Nice use of level tropes and still keeping it throwback.

Now we just need to see if they weren't just polishing the turd. Gonna need some gameplay, but this kind of thing looks like they're giving it some effort this time around.

My head is spinning right now! This is leaps and bounds better than E1, both graphically and concept wise. Maybe cause of the Wii version is why E1 looks like that.....but I don't care now! If they pull off E2 and manage to lock on to E1 with all of its graphics goodness, then we have an epic game.

I still fail to understand why the Wii is the culprit for Episode 1's visuals when we have the iPhone.

• Thumbs Up 2

It DOES look like Sky Park from Rivals and Ice Paradise from Advance 2

By the time anyone starts mixing two previous levels together in order to declare something new as a rehash, they've reached the point where nothing could ever please them.

Also, obligatory "> Implying people played Sonic Rivals".

Pay attention to where their heads are.

I just ruined it for you.

Ma-an... Why did U do that to me, WHY? Now my life will never be the same...[[[

Nice screens.

Congrats to the guys who looked into things too much and predicted the team attacks. :V Somehow our crazy assumptions are usually always right in the end.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm still puzzled to why the screens are available in Xbox Live first before anywhere else? Maybe the screens are leaked?

Pay attention to where their heads are.

s4ep24hs.jpg

I just ruined it for you.

ROFL. Nice one!

Topic is moving so quickly that I TL;DR most posts. So I'll give my opinions quickly here;

-Is that fully 3D-rendered stages I see rather than pre-rendered? Or just very good pre-rendering? Kinda hard to tell, but looks more like the former.

-Character models look nice, Sonic's head looks a bit big and his feet too small in a lot of them though.

-Aquatic Ruin type stage FTW. Love Aquatic Ruin.

Now, hopefully they can just get the physics right and make the music not sound like autotuned cats. Then we just might be onto a winner. Officially hyped. ohmy.png

-Amusing 69 spin attack is amusing.