Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Also, I am officially coining the term Deathly Little Planet for that monstrocity in the background of these screenshots.

Though in the actual game it'll probably go by something stupid like The Little Egg. :/

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pay attention to where their heads are.

s4ep24hs.jpg

I just ruined it for you.

Fanservice.

Loving that Christmas'y stage!

Spindashing through the snow~~

Edited by Sweecrue

Woah! This episode looks fucking amazing. Snow level automatically makes me a happy Shadzter :D

I'm still puzzled to why the screens are available in Xbox Live first before anywhere else? Maybe the screens are leaked?

Xbox.com often leaks/reveals things first. They did it with Sonic Generations AND Sonic Free Riders.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pay attention to where their heads are.

s4ep24hs.jpg

I just ruined it for you.

Gosh, Sega, now you've gone too far. You're just pandering to the wrong fans...

Holy crap, Little Planet! Is it being built into a new Death Egg?!

And team attacks!

To bad the level is very similar to an Aquatic Ruin and Marble Garden and a bit of Kingdom Valley mix. But, I dunno, it still feels different enough to me. The night act helps a ton.

And a fucking Christmas Carnival level!! That's awesome *o*

And the desert level looks nothing like any of the deserts levels before.

Sonic 2 Special Stages returning makes me less happy, though. They look nice, but we always see the half pipe. Tails better not be a bitch this time around.

Now if the new physics engine is as good as the new graphics engine, that would be great.

s4ep26.jpg

You can see a monitor like in the Aquatic Ruin type level. So the AR doesn't seem to be a tutorial stage, but the things are littered through the game.

I'm still puzzled to why the screens are available in Xbox Live first before anywhere else? Maybe the screens are leaked?

Wouldn't be surprised. It leaked some Generations screens, too.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yup! Thats a Death Egg slowly being built around a planet alright. Probably Little Planet. I'd assume the plan is to harness Little Planet's time travel capabilities, allowing Eggman to move the Death Egg between the past, present and future. Not to say that time travel is a gimmick in Episode 2. More of a reason for Eggman doing what he is doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Loving how this all looks so far :D

Also happy to see the animations look to be well and truly re-made. Sonic's looks fantastic. I absolutely cannot wait to see this in motion.

I still fail to understand why the Wii is the culprit for Episode 1's visuals when we have the iPhone.

regardless, E2 visuals are better than E1 by far. On top of original level design. On top of online co-op.

If they manage to get the gameplay right as well as locking on to E1 with its visuals, then this can become the TRUE sequel of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

That winter-like zone better be called Christmas Island Zone, so that we can finally visit Sonic's birthplace.

Betting the last or before last zone will take place on Little Planet. Either Stardust Speedway Zone or Metallic Madness Zone. Or both.

And I gotta be honest. We should've at least seen the Aquatic Marble Garden Zone screenshots at that Nvidia livestream event/the Sega blog on that day. They really love divulging meaningless information and spreading it out as much as possible, but at least now we know what 3 out of 4 zones look like, and have a confirmed Sonic 2-inspired special stage, among other things.

Fuck yes to online coop. I will totally use that once I get the PC version.

Edited by Shade Vortex

Visuals, check.

Level design, (hopefully) check.

Online Co-op, check.

Now we just have to hope the music doesn't sound like dying cats, then we'll know this game has potential for sure!

Edited by o T a iIi lL sS
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who keeps thinking of the Sunset Park boss when I look at the Metal Sonic rocket picture? laugh.png

P.S. Not a Speed Booster in sight!

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 3

I still fail to understand why the Wii is the culprit for Episode 1's visuals when we have the iPhone.

Because the iPhone is much more powerful than the Wii?

Visuals, check.

Level design, check.

Online Co-op, check.

Now we just have to hope the music doesn't sound like dying cats, then we'll know this game has potential for sure!

Really don't know how you can judge level design from a handful of unrelated shots.

Also why you're not bringing up gameplay as a thing we need to know isn't terrible.

• Thumbs Up 4

I know everyone's excited we actually have something to discuss about this game, but I'm going to wait for a trailer that'll show off some gameplay before anyone can say this will be better.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Because the iPhone is much more powerful than the Wii?

Well the iPhone 3GS and above yes, but the models before them? Don't think so (and yes the OLD models of the iPhone can run Sonic 4)

Wiiware games are limited to around 40MB max, I think even the iPhone doesn't have such low filesize limitations.

Edited by ezodagrom
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right, gonna make some predictions and observations here. Let's see what sticks, and what doesn't.

-First off, gonna say that I seem to be right that the Aquatic Ruin expy was actually a combination of Aquatic Ruin and Marble Garden, although we'll have to wait and see.

-Christmas Carnival Zone

-Little Planet's transformed state will be known as ether Planet Egg or Egg Planet

-Metal Sonic boss fight takes place in the Winter Carnival... Zone.

-BAWW GREEN EYES

-Sonic has a new running animation

-the Desert Zone seems to contain a multitude of Oil Wells.

-OIL OCEAN REHASH BAAAAAAW

-Partner attacks will be very useful, and may be required in order to find hidden paths. For instance, the first Partner action (Hereby known as the "Sonic Spiral") will be used to break through the wall on the left.

-we'll get a trailer today

That's all I've got for now.

Edited by Cola

Jesus! Well that's quite the graphical improvement although it looks almost exactly like Sonic Fan Remix, right down to the grass and even the models.

Not thrilled with Aquatic Ruin 2.0, but I kind of like the other two zones we've seen. Looks like we've got a Frozen Carnival and some sort of industrial type stage. I just hope the industrial stage ends up being more of a desert stage than Oil Ocean 2.0.

Really the biggest thing here though is the Little Planet of Death Egginess that's in the background. This could be cool

Well the iPhone 3GS and above yes, but the models before them? Don't think so (and yes the OLD models of the iPhone can run Sonic 4)

Apple don't care about old models (mostly because they want you to keep upgrading). Lots of new games don't work on old models. The fact Sonic 4 ep 1 does is probably more fluke/ coincidence than anything else. I highly doubt they want out of their way thinking "We have to make sure this still works on old iPhones" when they were developing it. Wii on the other hand is underpowered, and as ezodagrom said, the 40Mb size limit was likely to have been the real killer.

In any case, I want Episode 2. Right now.

HOW DARE THEY SHOW SCREENSHOTS OF A GAME I CAN'T BUY RIGHT THIS SECOND. THE NERVE. mellow.png

EDIT: Also, those screens weren't meant to be released yet? Give it a few minutes and the whole game will probably be leaked, if history is anything to go by. :lol:

Edited by -Mark-