Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Unfortunately/Fortunately several people (myself included when making the OP) saved them to image sharing websites, so their still up in the OP.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 3

They're saved to TSS, too :P

Now, I wonder if SEGA will send out cease and desists.

Unfortunately/Fortunately several people (myself included when making the OP) saved them to image sharing websites, so their still up in the OP.

Cool, good anticipation.

Tails seems to be going through an array of emotions in these pics. In the Metal Sonic pic he's outraged, and in the shot of Sonic and Tails running down the snow hill, he seems discomforted, as if the snow or the weather is getting to him.

And then we have Sonic looking uneasy in the cutscene where Tails lands the Tornado.

I would not oppose if this cycle of emotions were present throughout the entire game. It would bring Sonic and Tails more to life.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wiiware games are limited to around 40MB max, I think even the iPhone doesn't have such low filesize limitations.

*bangs head* Fuccck, I forgot about how low the WiiWare's file size limitations were! Okay it has to be the culprit. Far too low. =/

Apple don't care about old models (mostly because they want you to keep upgrading). Lots of new games don't work on old models. The fact Sonic 4 ep 1 does is probably more fluke/ coincidence than anything else. I highly doubt they want out of their way thinking "We have to make sure this still works on old iPhones" when they were developing it. Wii on the other hand is underpowered, and as ezodagrom said, the 40Mb size limit was likely to have been the real killer.

My friend has an iPhone 3G (he upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus but kept his iPhone) and it can run Sonic 4. However it's verrryyyyyy slow on loading. It takes a minute for the iPhone to load the "SEGA". No kidding. And there were slowdowns during gameplay. But yeah, it does run, just not as good.

EDIT: Gah, stupid images... D:

Oh well, I already saved 'em all after foaming from the mouth.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

The screen shots are gone from the market place.

HA! TOLD YOU ALL THE SCREENS ARE LEAKED! =P

They're saved to TSS, too tongue.png

Now, I wonder if SEGA will send out cease and desists.

I've never been hit with one of those, but if I did get something via the post I made at SEGAbits... I'd probably not remove them. I don't know, it's just that they were legitimately posted on XBOX.com. Nobody stole them or anything. Once they're posted on a legit site, they're out there. :P

Really don't know how you can judge level design from a handful of unrelated shots.

Also why you're not bringing up gameplay as a thing we need to know isn't terrible.

First off, I edited the post accordingly because of the unknown level design.

Second I said it has potential because we can't judge gameplay yet. I don't have to bring it up, it isn't relevant (yet). Potential doesn't even mean it will be good, and I never made the assumption that it would be good.

I'm thinking that's what you're saying but that second part is worded so awkwardly.

Episode 1 and 2 screens may not look great side by side, but the boxarts sort of do: l24eo.jpg

Almost... Too perfect.

SEGA PLANNED A PACKAGE DEAL ALL ALONG.

Looks good so far but the new physics is what interests me the most.

Edited by Random Rhyme 3rd Verse

s4ep29.jpg

Those oil drills in the back have the same green lights as the desert in Episode 1's World Map coming from Mad Gear.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 8

I really don't care about 1 & 2 locking on, if it means graphical and physics improvements.

Having said that... I'd REALLY like to see Tails available in Episode 1, either as a bit of free DLC to advertise episode 2 OR as an effect of downloading episode 2 (it it's possible for one game to effect another when you download it). Even if it's Episode 1 physics, it would be fun to fly about with Tails in the old stages.

Looks like little planet with a metal casing around it. Is that where the showdown with Metal Sonic is headed...

s4ep25.jpg

Hey, this kinda looks like Chaotix!

Wait a minute...

SONIC CRACKERS IS GETTING A FULL RELEASE

Just noticed that Sonic and Tails leave blur effects behind them now instead of the dust clouds Sonic left behind him in the first episode.

EDIT: No wait, there are still some dust clouds as well as a little blurring in this screenshot:

Sonic-4-Episode-2-Screenshots-9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic left a blur effect in Episode 1 as well, but it wasn't as long or profound as the blur effects shown here.