Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I have to admit though, that is pretty stupid putting a bunch of Bubbles over a giant hole. It's more like they're trying to lead Sonic 4 away from the classics.

A chain of Bubbles over a bottomless pit.

Okay, really?

How can a guy fail like THAT?!? Even Bubbles is there! -_-

Also, Sega needs to snap out of the Bubbles chains soon.

Edited by Hyper-Shan

GUESS. WHO'S. BACK.

LIrMq.png

Sonic the Hedgehog going downhill.

Does not surprise. LolKidding.

Edited by Winston

Bubbles are the new Egg Pawn.

Egg Pawns had some cool shit going for them, they wore some cheff hats and shit, Bubbles ain't got shit, yo.

• Thumbs Up 3

Egg Pawns had some cool shit going for them, they wore some cheff hats and shit, Bubbles ain't got shit, yo.

Bubbles has plenty of shit, what do you think Scarabesque carries around in that ball?

6808484417.jpg

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 7

Bubbles are the new Egg Pawn.

I'd never thought I'd ever actually prefer an Egg Pawn over a Badnik but yeah. I'd face Egg Pawns then have to come into contact with a Bubbles again.

So anybody think we'll actually have someone defending the Badnik bridge again?

I'd never thought I'd ever actually prefer an Egg Pawn over a Badnik but yeah. I'd face Egg Pawns then have to come into contact with a Bubbles again.

So anybody think we'll actually have someone defending the Badnik bridge again?

I can only defend it for now not having to use the HA (Unless it's after a spring like in Splash Hill Act 3). Over a bottomless pit is.....no

What if Bubbles looked like this in White Park?

hantb.png

Put a Holly reef around it's neck(?) and we're golden.

Why are they always Bubbles chains? Bad as it is, they could at least dress it up with a different badnik now and then.

I guess we'll be seeing a lot of these again. BigfatSIGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhuK_SgXj1c

It's like Dimps and Sonic Team went to the board room and decided that Bubbles would be the supporting character of the franchise, and this is how they're introducing him.

I was honestly expecting something more original than more Bubble chains everywhere... sigh. It's the bottomless pit that irks me more than anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was one shite screenshot we got right there.

Plus, what a pointless video. The only thing of note, was the Bubbles Chain. There was nothing else at all worth talking about.

For everyone worried about quite possibly one of the biggest physics concerns for Episode 2 - that when you let go of the d-pad in Ep I Sonic would grind to a halt regardless of his current speed - I think here's the best piece of evidence we have to suggest that, YES! IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S BEEN FIXED!

AWatch at 4:06 where Sonic stops being in his wheel-of-feet animation and seems to slow down as he goes down the hill. Now, since the person playing is clearly an idiot who's never played a videogame in his life (for evidence of this see the entire video), and at no point in the rest of the video does the player seem to do anything other than hold right/left constantly or NOT hold right/left. They don't seem like the kind of player which would tap right/left to adjust their speed with any degree of accuracy.

(BARE WITH ME!)

So, what does all this mean? Well... this is how I interpret it. The reason why Sonic slows down, but doesn't come to a complete halt, is because the player has completely let go on the d-pad for a second or two, thus causing Sonic to slow down. BUT, if this was Episode I Sonic would have come to a COMPLETE HALT. Here, even though the player has let go of the d-pad Sonic continues to move forwards, albeit slower, due to the combination of his momentum and the fact that he's on a decline.

I think the reason it doesn't look like Sonic's picking up speed down the hills in the rest of the footage is simply because his max speed is quite low in this episode. In the classics it was more noticeable more often that Sonic was picking up speed down hills because his max speed was ridiculously high (so much so that you could outrun the screen) and thus no matter how fast you were going you were never going max speed, and thus any hill you went down would speed you up further. In Episode II, however, it seems that Sonic's max speed is only slightly above the speed needed for him to begin his wheel-of-feet animation, and thus unless you're going slow enough you wouldn't notice the fact he's going downhill affecting his speed simply because no matter how steep the ramp is (even if it's a vertical wall he's running down, as can be seen in the other cam footage that was leaked from Nvidia) it can't push Sonic beyond his max speed limit.

AAnyway, that's my two cents (probably quite a few more cents than that given the length of this post). I hope this relieves a few people concerned about the physics. Let's not get too optimistic, but I believe there is still HOPE!

Another demo video, slightly less inept:

Edit: gotta love that zoom the camera dude does.

Also, Jaws attacks!

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4