Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

The Bubbles chains are just quite insulting. The least, the absolute LEAST the could have done after E1 was use different enemies in every stage.

Or not have that bottomless pit there at all and have it lead to a diffrent section of the level and be an actually decent level design choice.

It's just.....WHY?

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 1

So when are we gonna get some gameplay of something OTHER than the first 30 seconds of Sylvania Castle?

So when are we gonna get some gameplay of something OTHER than the first 30 seconds of Sylvania Castle?

When the world ends.

We already got footage of Bubble Chains Zone Act 1: Bottomless Pitz Lulz. White Park footage on the previous page

Or at least gameplay by not some moron who can't even jump on a platform and just mashes A button.

Edited by Nik1895

Do we even know if Tails can fly on his own? I mean when playing multiplayer can we just fly around as Tails, or is the only way to fly via the power of team work co-op move? Normally I'd consider this a silly question and assume "Sure Tails can fly on his own" but Sonic 4 is riddled with awful design choices so I just don't know.

Edited by speedfreak

You think they purposley left the bubble chains there to piss the fans off? That's one of the major complaints and feedbacks about episode 1, isn't it?

You think they purposley left the bubble chains there to piss the fans off? That's one of the major complaints and feedbacks about episode 1, isn't it?

No way, the feedback has obviously been very important to them. You can tell by the way they got rid of having to many boosters and springs.......no wait that's not right. You can tell by the physics being much closer to the originals.......no wait not that either. Well certainly you can tell by how we can now play as Tails.......nope not that either. Well at least there are more then four main zones.......sorry my mistake.

Long story short the graphics are better and the game isn't a complete rehash anymore but in the end the feedback didn't seem to matter too much.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bottomless pits have been in Sonic games since Sonic 1. There's nothing wrong with them. Yes its annoying when you loose a life and your rings when your caught out, but the point of the bottomles pit is to make you stop and think about how to get across, to make you learn/memorise the level design for future playthroughs which is a good thing.

What they could do is design a better puzzle to get over the bottomless pit rather than a chain of enemies (which feels very fake) with the homing attack. It's simply lazy level design where they are trying to rush you through the non linear level designs. I mean whats the rush?

SEGA could put maybe moving platfiorms to get you across a bottomless pit (for want of a better idea) rather than a chain of enemies.

Bottomless pits arent that much of an issue by themselves, it's when their added en masse and add obvious fake difficulty to the game, that's where people have issues.

Edited by Groosenator032

The very least they could do is have bubbles float around a bit. Remember how he used to move in S3&K? Just sitting there in a perfect row it's obvious he's nothing more then a bridge for you to mindlessly mash homing attack to get across.

Edited by speedfreak

...It really says something about how much they've abused Bubbles when I so relate him to the homing attack that I completely forgot he even was a revived enemy from the classics.

• Thumbs Up 9

I guess I should buy the PC version and hope that someone will take out the unnecessary boosters, springs and chains for us. Perhaps some mods could allow better physics and a playable Tails as well.

Too bad about what we're likely to get for music though. =P

The rate at which this fuckers mash the jump button is ridiculous. They interrupt half of their own jumps with senseless air-dashes that do nothing but slow them down. I bet your ass that none of these morons would play an FPS by constantly holding down or mashing the fire-weapon button while walking around, so why do it here?

• Thumbs Up 1

You know Dimps, it's really hard to defend you guys when you're pulling bullshit like this.

And what is it with people playing this game that causes their IQ to plummet into the freaking gutter? There's being unfamiliar with a game and just being flat out retarded.

This just in: Game controllers aren't miniature whack-a-mole devices.

• Thumbs Up 3

The people in the videos look like they have never played a Sonic game in their lives. Either that or the controls are just too confusing for the casual gamer, which never bods well.

Ep2 can't just rely on being pretty and stupidly fast........

The very least they could do is have bubbles float around a bit. Remember how he used to move in S3&K? Just sitting there in a perfect row it's obvious he's nothing more then a bridge for you to mindlessly mash homing attack to get across.

I brought this up a little while back, but I don't think anyone said anything. I would tolerate them if they actually moved around like they used to.

Jesus fucking Christ, These videos are worst then half the let's players on Youtube.

And Dimps, you must REALLY not want me to defend this game for you. A bottomless pit, with a bubbles HA chain over it. No excuses, no excuses. Haven't seen anything more then automation in these game-play trailers.

You had over two years to fix this extreme problem, yet as of right now, it's looking like you just shoved cherry pie down your throats, sipping a pint of wine everytime someone downloaded Ep.1, before you got off your lazy asses, said "Welp, a million downloads, let's start up on Ep.2. What were we suppose to fix again? Level design that shows a well rounded company can easily make a great 2D platformer? No, that's right! Graphics and uncurling. Let's get to work!"

Keep this up with the level design, and it'll probably be like Episode 1 where I play the game for the first time, consider it the best 2D sonic ever, then never touch it again for almost a year.

Moving up and down and all around, Dimps sees it fit to fix or shall I say "tamper" with the Episode 1 physics to make uncurling gone, and update the graphics. I mean the level design in Episode 1 was so amazing, it didn't need to be changed one bit.

Gendo is not amused.

And to the cameraman and player,

Well, this is more or less a phone convention, so I can forgive most casual people who have never played a game before to suck at this. But for you Cameramen, well, you're better off sticking with one of these.

323cd_Vjbcj.png

For a convention about phones, you'd think people would know how to record on their phones. When this happened with Generations, I could understand as most cameramen were most likely pleasuring themselves and recording to the amazing game-play at the same time. Though with these two automated bad level designed stages, there is once again, no excuse.

Gendo is still not amused.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is actually a genuinely good idea and would give the homing attack some skill to use. If they absolutely need the damn attack in the game, why not do something like this?

It's very difficult to defend this level design. I honestly had some hope for the game when it was first announced but like, it just looks so dire. How anyone can defend this, I have no idea. At least I have Generations and Colors.

Bubbles over deathpit. I can't say it wasn't expected but why do these guys exist only as mash A quick time event? The thing is if you jump over that pit that guy got stuck in there is a very good chance you'll fly into the damn pit yourself.

Brilliant Level Design. 10/10. Would rage again.

Anyway it always bothers me when people mash the jump button and air dash or whatever. Waaaaay too many people are doing it. It's almost a design flaw.

Also if the homing attack wasn't just static as hell and instead worked like when you homed in on balloons in Colors it would make for some interesting level design. This just halts all your momentum.

Edited by Tiller

They are not going to change the game much if Sonic 4 is a constant success. Think about it, if they are getting way good enough sales, why risk changing the physics and other important bits and blobs? IGN for example gave Episode 1 a very good rating over this piece of crap. Players from around the world are still purchasing Episode 1 as we speak. Having a nerd rage over this isn't going to change anything if we are going to purchase Episode 2 anyway. I personally don't think Dimps will learn their lesson until Episode 2 has poor sales against Episode 1, it's the only way.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that most of the casual audience that buys Sonic 4 (or any other game really) don't know the ins ant outs of its design, and most likely don't care as long as they are having fun. I've let members of my family play Sonic 4, and they don't notice things like automation and inertia, they're just having fun. I'm not saying this is an excuse to not fix what was wrong with Episode I, but we as a group are still a minority in the audience that actually played and paid for Sonic 4.

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 1