Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

am i doin it rite

Well, you missed the guideline where you'd have to have killed yourself in a stupid fashion, but you get plus points for shitty camera quality.

+REP

Still don't know how these guys call themselves gamers when they play like a 5 year old that just got their hands on a controller.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I don't get is how many things they did wrong, when they've done so much right in the past...

Why is the homing attack there? Why is there so much automation? Why is the level design so generic? Why are there only 4 levels? Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, as well as Sonic Rush all had great level designs without homing attacks and just shitty annoying crap like Bubbles chains and such. Why start now? I would honestly prefer it if Dimps just made Sonic Rush HD with Episode II's visuals, at least they're currently good at making Rush games.

What I don't get is how many things they did wrong, when they've done so much right in the past...

Why is the homing attack there? Why is there so much automation? Why is the level design so generic? Why are there only 4 levels? Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, as well as Sonic Rush all had great level designs...

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 4

Five year old is still a bit much, actually. My four year old niece made it past Emerald Hill Zone almost as efficiently as they would.

And she was holding the controller with her feet.

Yeah, I know I said it before. It's worth repeating.

tongue.png

Waaay off topic but your niece is a beast!

• Thumbs Up 7

Well maybe for you, but not for the thousands who will probably get this game from $9.99 to $14.99. Despite the anger from classic Sonic fans, it was a major success.

For Sonic CD 2011, it's too early to say because Episode 1 has been out for over a year. But yeah as it stands I'm pretty sure that CD 2011 isn't even close in terms of sales.

EDIT: Looked at the wrong info for Generations, yikes. Removed what I said out for now.

Floating unattacking Bubbles and a bottomless pit underneath.

highwaystar365_hammer-bro-and-his-muffins.gif

In all legitimacy... guys, I'm not exactly all that surprised that we have this, given Dimps' track record. *sigh* Might as well make do...

Dat gif!

And can't wait to see the badniks!

So I guess that this kinda makes Concept Art Friday a bit obsolete, or at least heading towards there...

sccanimal.gif

---

New badniks soon...

You spin me right round baby, right round like a record player...

• Thumbs Up 2

Video of two people playing co-op! Not too revealing, but it's something... right?

Derp, misheard the dude. This is one player, the co-op is the two smaller devices on either side. Some shooter.

Sonic starts at 2:52

"You all remember SEGA and the SEGA system?"

I do remember SEGA! Are they still around? I heard they died when the SEGA system died.

"Well we've got Sonic the Hedgehog which is an old SEGA game which has now been ported to Tegra."

Wow! I do remember Sonic! Is that the first Genesis game? Amazing! It looks so different, a port you say?

... sorry, didn't mean to give the guy shit. I think it's funny when older out of touch folks try to talk games.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 6

>says old Sega game now ported wtf

Anyway you could hear the music a little more, didn't sound TOO bad, but it's really hard to tell.

Comrads! Another White Park video! Starts at 1:38

And yes, I sort of trolled you. They die seconds later due to the timer hitting 9:59.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

HE IS GOING BACKWARDS. HE IS MASHING THE A BUTTON AND GOING FUCKING BACKWARDS THROUGH THE LEVEL.

He was just messing around with the controls. Jesus.

He is the best at the game

JESUSSS

EDIT: Okay seriously this is a conspiracy. There is no way these people are not making these videos on purpose to troll the entire Sonic community.

We do learn one thing. Note that there appears to be multiple paths. The spring to the left leads to the higher path and that snow bridge has a pit below it, I assume that you do a combo move to break through the snow to explore the caves below.

al9yx.jpg

And yes, I sort of trolled you. They die seconds later due to the timer hitting 9:59.

Edited by Agent York