Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

You know, I really hate having to explain to people that holding the jump button will make you jump higher. But considering that even gamers these days seem to have difficulty with that much of the time these days, E2 kind of needs a forced tutorial stage.

• Thumbs Up 7

You know, I really hate having to explain to people that holding the jump button will make you jump higher. But considering that even gamers these days seem to have difficulty with that much of the time these days, E2 kind of needs a forced tutorial stage.

• Thumbs Up 6

WHY THE FUCK CAN NOBODY PLAY THIS GOD DAMN GAME!

Holy shit!

Its like watching 2 year olds playing Sonic for the first time....and I bet some two year olds play better.

Edited by Voy-Boy

I assume that cheap pit with the rolling boulders is meant to be ducked under in the first corner, but the poor guy didn't see it coming and got smacked by it. Other than that and the bubbles chain, it looks pretty fun actually. And he plays almost well. More footage like this, please smile.png

Oh yeah I hope it's not almost entirely underground aside from a few areas with the theme park, unless it's like that because Act 2 is mostly there.

One more thing, I don't really get the attack pattern of Snowy yet, but you can just 69 him for a insta-kill it seems.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 5

First video, about 27-30 seconds in, I hate the way Sonic accelerates running up a hill.

Just noticed - the camera sits just slightly ahead of Sonic when moving to the right. That's a nice touch rather than having him in the center the entire time.

• Thumbs Up 1

First video, about 27-30 seconds in, I hate the way Sonic accelerates running up a hill.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be fair he air dashed before that slope...so he had forward push already. Sonic didn't really slow down that much when going up hill when he was already going at a decent pace in the old games.

Sonic 1/2 it is indeed harder, but it was made easier in Sonic 3&K

With that being said...that...looked alright. Its a lot better than the shit they been sowing us...and...is that PHYSICS AT WORK OMG!

He went from jog to wheel-o-feet while vertical. He sped up.

Are you guys sure that these bottomless pits and bubbles chains aren't just in the bottom routes of the stages? There might be other paths with better designs....

Even if it's not, I will still love the game to death.

Nice to see Snowy destroyable in one hit with the Team Attack.

From what little I could hear from the music, I liked it. But it's way to little to really tell.

And once again, Germans bring the good footage. Also, the reason they showed the controller and Tegra thing, is because they're from a gadget site, not a gaming one ;) He says nothing new about the game, if you are curious.

Holy- Someone who can actually play the game half-way competently!? I can actually hear some of the audio now? We actually see a good portion of the stage we haven't seen yet?

TearsOfJoyImg1.jpg

The player has my respect. But why does everyone with a camera within 10 meters of Sonic 4: Episode 2 feel compelled to record 'exclusive' footage of the Xbox 360 controller?

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 3

Holy- Someone who can actually play the game half-way competently!? I can actually hear some of the audio now? We actually see a good portion of the stage we haven't seen yet?

TearsOfJoyImg1.jpg

The player has my respect. Not the camerman though. Why does everyone with a camera within 10 meters of Sonic 4: Episode 2 feel compelled to record 'exclusive' footage of an Xbox 360 controller?

Like I said in my last post, these guys are from a gadgets site. For their readers this is what's interesting.

I liked the lying down animations in the Russian video. What exactly caused them to die though, I can't tell. There didn't seem to be anything.

Is it just me or does the game look so much more appealing when you're watching someone who can actually play it?

And that music still sounds like the Bike theme from Pokemon Red/Blue.

I liked the lying down animations in the Russian video. What exactly caused them to die though, I can't tell. There didn't seem to be anything.

Timer reached 10 minutes.

Edited by Swiss

Like I said in my last post, these guys are from a gadgets site. For their readers this is what's interesting.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fair enough point, but it's not just them. It's like, every gameplay video so far needs to take a peeking glance at the Xbox 360 controller like it's some unholy perverse thing that demands the audiences attention.

"Oh yeah, look at that guy press it's buttons! Oh~ Mash that A button and jump dash 20 times in a row~ STOP. Don't hold the A button to competently jump, you're hurting it!"

It's a gadget con, not a game one. The people going their are interested in the tech.

Actually, Episode 2 is one of the things that is showing off the new tech. Also, it gets the game out to people who wouldn't normally play it.

Edited by Agent York

I'm playing devil's advocate here, I know. I actually am looking forward to the game, but I can't help but feel SEGA isn't doing the best job marketing this game at all. The big gameplay "reveal" was supposed to be at a tech event as well; remember when we all watched the stream and they didn't even show the game? We had the concept art weekly thing again. Now the demo is unveiled at a gadget's show. It's feeling more like it's trying to attract mobile audiences with flashy graphics and cool tech, like using controllers, than actually trying to capture it's core audience, the retro Sonic fans.

• Thumbs Up 4