Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Maybe next time they should try making it good to begin with.

That's crazy, you're crazy. What they need to do is build the game before thinking about the things that people really want and then tell us it's too late to fix anything after the fact.

That's crazy, you're crazy. What they need to do is build the game before thinking about the things that people really want and then tell us it's too late to fix anything after the fact.

People wants good physics

People gets somewhat better physics and Tails Co-op - People wants Tails lead

People gets Metal Sonic singleplayer in rehash of a rehash.

I think by now you should have all realised this project was SEGA's attempt at trolling. Don't you think it's weird how 2010 kicks around and we get the best 3D Sonic game... and Sonic 4: E1? And then last year we got Generations and a few months later... Sonic 4: E2.

What they are doing is making a 2D game that isn't very good, to further elevate their 3D games. It just so happens that the 3D games are actually good on their own merits :P.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem began when Sega decided to outsource the game to Dimps. Dimps has no right to do Sonic 4, nor do most other developers outside of Sega. The game should have been done in-house, not just haphazardly given to some third-rate developer. In fact, I would go so far as to say no one outside of the original Sonic Team should have the privilege to do Sonic 4. Without Naka's programming expertise, Hirokazu's level design philosophy and Ohshima's stylistic visual design, there will never be a true Sonic 4.

Of course, the reason Sega didn't do it in-house like they did for Colors and Generations is because they just don't care. They don't care about the classic games, and why would they. The classics aren't their brain-children, intellectual property rights be damned. Each time they promise to give us a new classic Sonic game, they always backpedal and decide to incorporate all of the same elements that make the modern games so rigid and automated. That's been the case ever since Sonic Heroes.

Edited by Machenstein
  • Thumbs Up 5

Haha that was great. I would love to play this game with Ken on commentary, really like the guy.

Also Billy Hatcher everything.

The problem began when Sega decided to outsource the game to Dimps. Dimps has no right to do Sonic 4, nor do most other developers outside of Sega.

When you think of games like Sonic advance 1, you can tell that Dimps could easily do a Sonic 4. Although later games have far blander, more automated level design, they could have easily looked at the classic games for inspiration (Like that they seemed to be doing for the majority of the game's graphics, unfortunately) in the games following Sonic Advance, the physics weren't changed much and even Sonic Rush's physics feel more classic than Sonic 4's, which is why it baffles me that Sonic 4 E1's physics are as awful as they are.

The game should have been done in-house, not just haphazardly given to some third-rate developer. In fact, I would go so far as to say no one outside of the original Sonic Team should have the privilege to do Sonic 4. Without Naka's programming expertise, Hirokazu's level design philosophy and Ohshima's stylistic visual design, there will never be a true Sonic 4.

Naoto Oshima had nothing to do with the development of Sonic 2 and 3, why Sonic 4?

I don't think removing Bubbles Chains would be a problem. Just take them away and replace them with a little bottomless-pit warning esque-icon to signify you must fly to progress (while leaving optional chain routes blank for Tails players to scout out themselves).

Obviously this wouldn't work if they did anything clever with the homing attack like Unleashed's DLC stages did, but I somewhat doubt they will.

Lol at the video though. And hey, multi-device cloud storage is a pretty damn nice.

True that Tails would just end up flying over Bubble chains, but that's actually quite a change in pace.

"IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!"

changeofmace.png

...but yeah. I support Tails taking the lead, if only so I can tell myself that I'm getting Tails as a playable character.

Sooo.... according to that Destructoid video, there are more cut scenes/backstory in Ep Metal than in Ep II........

Does that mean we should play Ep. Metal before or after Ep II?

Sooo.... according to that Destructoid video, there are more cut scenes/backstory in Ep Metal than in Ep II........

Does that mean we should play Ep. Metal before or after Ep II?

I will play Episode Metal before Ep2 if I can.

The Sonic 4 Episode 2 Reunion Trailer in now available for download on the PSN. I have downloaded it and it looks great.

>Metal Sonic is playable.

>Tails isn't.

What is this shit?

Well hey I'm just glad I can finally play as somebody other than Sonic again! Besides I freaking love Metal, so now this game is a must buy for me!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well hey I'm just glad I can finally play as somebody other than Sonic again!

aaaaaaaaaaaand what if Metal turns out to be (for the most part) a Metal Sonic skin of Sonic? It's Metal Sonic after all. Also, see SA2 and SADX, in which both games he was pretty much a reskin of Sonic in terms of gameplay, so I'm pretty sure it will be the same case here.

Edited by Zinos

aaaaaaaaaaaand what if Metal turns out to be (for the most part) a Metal Sonic skin of Sonic? It's Metal Sonic after all. Also, see SA2 and SADX, in which both games he was pretty much a reskin of Sonic in terms of gameplay, so I'm pretty sure it will be the same case here.

If they give me SA2:B metal sonic than I'd still be stoked. Sure he'd be playing with the same moveset, but you'd have to beat the game w/o a spindash, wicked top end speed and a black shield to play with.

I'd like that.

Has this been posted?

... Anyone else notice the wall-eyed Sonic Statue?

Sonic: Hey! Hey, look at me! I look like DERPY! I look like her because Derpy is popular AND I WANNA BE POPULAR AGAIN!!!

Two things, first off since no has has mentioned for some reason, Lives are shared in multiplayer, (if that wasn't obvious before) so sucks if you get they shitty player, or if you want the player to do all the work during the boss.

The other thing is we haven't seen much Tails gameplay huh? Since Tails is the main gimmick (hurts me to say that) of the game, don't you think Sega would have shown off Tails' in multiplayer? I know it's Sonic 4 and all, but that doesn't mean we're gonna forget about the guy that follows you in solo (even if he is nothing more then a wisp in Solo play)

Game's out in a month btw. Not really hyped as much as I was during Generations (Gee I wonder why?).

I'm surprised no one so far has pointed out that the limited footage we've seen in trailers and the screenshots SEGA have released make White Park Act 3 looks really, really boring. It looks like its just a roller coaster and you run forward through speed boosters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised no one so far has pointed out that the limited footage we've seen in trailers and the screenshots SEGA have released make White Park Act 3 looks really, really boring. It looks like its just a roller coaster and you run forward through speed boosters.

Quite true. Act 2 is the rollercoaster one, and it pretty much looks like E2's answer to Chemical Plant in terms of being 'the fast stage'. Looks pretty naff right now though. Act 3 is odd too. It's the one that's mostly underwater. Wonder how it'll turn out.

Edited by Blue Blood