Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

... Anyone else notice the wall-eyed Sonic Statue?

Sonic: Hey! Hey, look at me! I look like DERPY! I look like her because Derpy is popular AND I WANNA BE POPULAR AGAIN!!!

Why is Amy there? did I miss something.

So Episode Metal is just E1?

Nope, it's 4 redesigned Acts of E1.

Is episode Metal only 4 acts long? Because that will be over in like 10 - 15 minutes. Hardly worth anything if it's that short IMO.

Which is why it's free

So it is only 4 acts then?

Free or not this "lock on" bonus is shit compared to the lock on bonuses from S&K. Though I guess that falls in line with the rest of Sonic 4 compared to the classics.

Edit: Just to be clear I'm asking if episode Metal is 4 ACTS, not zones. Like 1 act from each zone of episode 1.

Edited by speedfreak

So it is only 4 acts then?

Free or not this "lock on" bonus is shit compared to the lock on bonuses from S&K. Though I guess that falls in line with the rest of Sonic 4 compared to the classics.

It's pretty much the Knuckles in Sonic 2 of S4, except it's more Metal Sonic in Sonic 4: Episode 1.

It's just one redesigned act from each zone of Episode I.

Edited by Spooky Mulder

Well yeah, free or not that's pretty lame then.

Would you rather pay for it? You know, for S&K the main reason it had so many extras was because it cost $60! You get what you pay for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Would you rather pay for it? You know, for S&K the main reason it had so many extras was because it cost $60! You get what you pay for.

Actually yeah. I would have gladly paid $60 for a high-quality sequel to S3&K. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 should never have been a cheap downloadable game that got outsourced to Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 6

Nope. They're reworked levels from Ep I with unique innovations, such as booster pads on top of loops.

That booster pad was on top of the loop in Episode 1. I specifically recall complaining about the stupid placement.

Price to pay for S3&K = The cost of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles individually.

Price to pay for Episode Metal = The cost of S4E1 and S4E2 individually.

Two of the most revolutionary games of their time versus two mediocre messes that are far overpriced.

... Hm.

Price to pay for S3&K = The cost of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles individually.

Price to pay for Episode Metal = The cost of S4E1 and S4E2 individually.

Two of the most revolutionary games of their time versus two mediocre messes that are far overpriced.

... Hm.

For the games themselves, I'd much rather buy Sonic 4 for $30 than S3&K(plus Knux in Sonic 2) for $120.

For extra content that you get with the games... yeah S&K blows Sonic 4 out of the water, even with the $120 price tag.

Why is Amy there? did I miss something.

It's not an official image. It's a fanmade one, and I guess the creator of the image added Amy in there because she was in Sonic CD along with Metal Sonic.

Yup, sure would. I'd much rather pay for something awesome then get something that's mediocre for free.

Yup, sure would. I'd much rather pay for something awesome then get something that's mediocre for free.

Agreed. If SEGA gave S3&K the HD & Widescreen treatment (like Sonic CD) I would be happy to pay £10 to £15.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Yeah I agree, but not for $120!

Why on earth are people still complaining about getting Episode metal for free?

For goodness sake, if this were Capcom, Activison, EA or virtually any other company, not only would it cost around £5.99 and you'd get nothing different than what episode metal is currently offering.

That is unfortunately how people are. If something is free or pratically given to them but not to their liking they will complain.

• Thumbs Up 1

On an off-note, I'm finding it bat-shit hilarious that some game news sites are talking about an all new Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer... which is the exact same trailer from two months ago.

On an off-note, I'm finding it bat-shit hilarious that some game news sites are talking about an all new Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer... which is the exact same trailer from two months ago.

Shows you just how much people outside of the fanbase pays attention/gives a shit. Sad but true.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is not getting the same treatment and hype as the previous game, which is sad considering it to be better even if i dont like it still. I don't know, i've been noticing a lack of hype for quite a while. Not even the fans seem to be all that excited for some reason, let alone the mainstream