Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I don't really care much about Episode Metal, honestly. It's a nice add-on that happens to be free, I can't really complain, so I'm simply indifferent. I didn't like Episode I much and they didn't seem to put in a hell of a lot of effort into this bonus Episode, but it is what it is and you get it for $0 if you have Episode I so I don't see a problem.

Because I'd rather pay for something good then get something shitty for free.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

But aren't you essentially getting S4E2 wink.png Wouldn't you rather pay for something good?

I wonder why the western Sonic 4 site hasn't been update for Oil Ocean yet..

But, yeah, I agree. I like how SEGA is keeping this game more secret than usual. Although, I fear that'll change soon. We'll surely get a trailer with Zone 4 and a launch trailer with all Zones.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good point guys... I hadn't thought about how secretive Sega has been on this go round. Its a refreshing change of pace.

After seeing that first boss a while back, I'm stoked to pick the game up for myself to see what the other three will have in store.

I'll admit, when Sonic 4 Episode 1 leaked, I watched ALL the videos. I still have them. What a mistake that was. tongue.png

But it's great that thus far, no leaks and trailers are kept to a minimum. I hope SEGA doesn't spoil us before release. To be honest, I'd be fine if we received nothing else til release.

--

I forgot to mention that we have yet to hear any of the music in direct feed footage, except for maybe the map screen. Not sure if that's a good thing, they're probably hiding the fact that little has changed between episodes, but I'm fine with hearing nothing.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I forgot to mention that we have yet to hear any of the music in direct feed footage, except for maybe the map screen. Not sure if that's a good thing, they're probably hiding the fact that little has changed between episodes, but I'm fine with hearing nothing.

Whuh? But we've had Sylvannia Castle Act 1 for weeks

They tend to hide the music quite a lot for no good reason. Remember in Generations where no music for the game was officially revealed in trailers until Sky Sanctuary was revealed? People were saying that Tenderoni was the theme tune :P I'm on the fence about the information we have and haven't been given. On the one hand it's been very drawn out and painful retread of E1, while on the other it's refreshing for them to keep some things under wraps. Nothing's worse than Generations 'reveal everything as soon as possible' approach.

Whuh? But we've had Sylvannia Castle Act 1 for weeks

*video*

SEGA hasn't released any videos showing the music, and all the direct-feed videos have had music disabled.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the one hand it's been very drawn out and painful retread of E1, while on the other it's refreshing for them to keep some things under wraps.

Ep 1 was revealed 9/9/09 and released October of the next year, whereas Eppy 2 has been just under five months from teaser to release. I'd say Episode 1 was FAR more painful in terms of drawing things out with media since we had that annoying, but very necessary, delay.

• Thumbs Up 7

Ep 1 was revealed 9/9/09 and released October of the next year, whereas Eppy 2 has been just under five months from teaser to release. I'd say Episode 1 was FAR more painful in terms of drawing things out with media since we had that annoying, but very necessary, delay.

E1 was due for a release schedule much more like E2's originally, only with a period of teasing between 09/09 and 02/10. Very shortly before updates ceased entirely and the game was announced to be delayed, they just started to reveal Lost Labyrinth. My point mainly however was that they went so long just doing nonsense Concept Art Fridays, when it would have been much nicer to see them reveal the game sooner. That much was a painful retread. All they needed to do was show off a bit of Sylvania Castle, then maybe another bit a little later which also revealed Little Planet in the background, before getting to White Park around the time they actually revealed everything. They effectively showed off half of the levels in one go, more if you count the XBL leak.

EDIT: I suppose in a way they've gone with both of the big evils. The followed the E1 route, and then started on the Generations route. At least they got it right when releasing info for '06 tongue.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sadly that was the only thing they did right about that game. dry.png

Apparently not, because the one bit of info we weren't aware of was that it was undeniably shit.

I'd rather SEGA not reveal too much about their games and show off its main features exclusively (The new graphics, physics, and two levels) rather than show off everything. Why do you guys need to see the whole damn game? It's coming out in less than a month, I'm sure you all have better things to do than sit around waiting for the next trailer to pop up.

It's coming out in less than a month, I'm sure you all have better things to do than sit around waiting for the next trailer to pop up.

if only that were the case. sad.png

Notongue.png Here's mine and my wife's life cycle: Have sex -> Check if there's anything new gaming/cinema/internet related interesting stuff -> Go back to sex.

Too much informaton.

Notongue.png Here's mine and my wife's life cycle: Have sex -> Check if there's anything new gaming/cinema/internet related interesting stuff -> Go back to sex.

Um, thanks for the information, bruh? unsure.png

You guys actually think i'm serious? i was just kidding. Ok sorry if it was in bad taste. I'm sorry.