Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Someone who has the game can you test this out for me. Play the co-op ON YOUR OWN. Play as Tails. Does the game stop you from progressing just because nobody is controlling Sonic?

I won't say much, at least not until it officially launches. However, I will say that despite a few glaring flaws, overall Dimps have redeemed themselves in my eyes. I almost wish we could forget about Episode 1 and just say that this is where Sonic 4 starts. They really got their shit together.

Though again - I didn't say it was perfect.

Edited by EXshad

Also getting it. Btw since no-one mentioned yet, the actual game is 1GB-ish, not 7.

Didn't generations have this, while not to this extent, where it claimed to be 11GB but only took around 7GB-8GB

Played through Act 1. The jumping felt A LOT more natural than Episode 1, and generally, THOSE GRAPHICS. <3

Okay actually I don't know about this all of a sudden.

The game, in co op, has a really weird glitch that causes the screen to go completely black. And there is an oversight in design with those spring platforms that float in the water, because if one player moves ahead making the water level rise while the other player is on the spring, the water can rise to a level where it and the floating spring are touching a ceiling. If one player is still on the spring he'll bounce against the ceiling really quickly causing a crash.

And in co-op you don't get the intro scene like in single player.

EDIT: game has some missing textures too. This truly is a beta.

Edited by Solly

Can anyone get gameplay? If so I think we should start a spoilers/leak topic...

And risk the chance of Sega FALCON PUNCH'n us in the face? Yeah I think we all will pass on that.

And risk the chance of Sega FALCON PUNCH'n us in the face? Yeah I think we all will pass on that.

It was fine for Generations.

Edited by MarcelloF

No, I really think the topics should be divided. SEGA's not going to do anything to anyone. There is no criminal activity here.

It's not our fault the beta got leaked and the people who have it have obtained it legally.

But I advise against playing it now, because it's clear this version of the game is not the final one.

I'm actually kinda wondering if the "early adopters" will be able to update to the final game at some point. I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

I'm actually kinda wondering if the "early adopters" will be able to update to the final game at some point. I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

Yes, they should be able to. Not sure if it'll work via patch, but if they delete local content and just redownload come time for release then it should be fine.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone hurry and get to Sky Fortress! I want to see what kind of stage we're dealing with

No, I really think the topics should be divided. SEGA's not going to do anything to anyone. There is no criminal activity here.

It's not our fault the beta got leaked and the people who have it have obtained it legally.

But I advise against playing it now, because it's clear this version of the game is not the final one.

I agree here, we paid for it and we have done nothing wrong.

Steam updates the games automatically. So usually beta on Steam has the same AppID as the final version and it's just updated from beta to final version upon release.

Edited by Nik1895

Someone hurry and get to Sky Fortress! I want to see what kind of stage we're dealing with

I wanna see it on the zone map!

Ok I'll ask again. Someone that has the game, is it possible to star co-op mode but play on your own with nobody actually in control of the other controller? And for the character you're in control of be Tails. Really wanna know if I can play as Tails this way or if the game will stop you progressing because nobody is in control of Sonic.

It's obvious, SEGA does this on purpose. XP Why else do you think we haven't gotten any new Sonic 4 news in the past couple of weeks?

So wait, how is this even done? Is it all just legal downloading by buying through Steam or what?

To anyone who has played the game, does episode 2 show and signs of locking-on to episode 1 other than the metal sonic content?

So wait, how is this even done? Is it all just legal downloading by buying through Steam or what?

Yes, it costs 15 bucks, but keep in mind it's a beta.