Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Yeah, about all the levels are on par with the length of the Ep 1 Zone 3/4 acts. One or two exceptions, that's it.

Love that Metal passes Sonic signposts at the end of every level in Episode Metal instead of Eggman ones.

laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

At least we know episode Metal is more then 1 act per zone now. i saw a video of the first level in episode metal and it does that thing where it asks if you want to continue to the next act.

Can we mark what spoilers are of rather than just posting them without any introduction? =C Don't want any Episode Metal spoilers coz I don't have ep 1 on Steam.

Just watched 2 videos on YouTube.

I like how Metal Sonic has weight added to him to make playing as him more challenging. I hate Sylvania Castle Act 1's music, though.

I think SC Act 1's music

works nicely with the intro and everything. Pretty clear they're going for a "Woo let's get goin'!" tone rather than atmospheric - which is covered by Act 2's theme as you get into the meat of the game and calm down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did someone else come in and compose the music for SC2 because that's what it felt like especially after finally hearing act1.

Just watched 2 videos on YouTube.

I like how Metal Sonic has weight added to him to make playing as him more challenging. I hate Sylvania Castle Act 1's music, though.

Act 2 is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

According to the credits, the music was all Jun. Screw all the doubters. >8O

Oh, one more impressions/opinion thing, with regards to the bosses:

They are loooong. Seriously a couple I wish had checkpoints because they tend to fuck you over at the very end and then it's just a slog to get back to that point. Glad they put enough rings in the arenas to go Super Sonic this time. Can't wait to fuck them over right back. >8C Also due to this reason, Eggman's boss theme gets REALLY DAMN ANNOYING. As if we hadn't had enough of it in E.G.G. Station. Metal Sonic's boss theme is lovely though, so that's fine. None are as hard as Ep 1's final boss I think.

Edited by JezMM

Can anyone comment on the physics or controls? I'm aware that rolling is better and there is better inertia, but how much faster does Sonic pick up speed? He was slow as hell in Episode I, so if they fixed that in addition to everything else I'll be relatively happy. Anyone have a confirmation for me on that?

Dayum! Sylvania Castle Act 2's music is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I love it. Not feeling it too much for the gameplay itself, though. Why are those face things essentially boosting you out of the water? I thought they were supposed to be obstacles, not helpers.

Dayum! Sylvania Castle Act 2's music is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I love it. Not feeling it too much for the gameplay itself, though. Why are those face things essentially boosting you out of the water? I thought they were supposed to be obstacles, not helpers.

Because Dimps?

I really wanna hear White parks music now SOOOOO BADLY! So far I'm likin what i see and hear.:) Definitely a better sonic than e 1.

Y'know what I'm wondering.

Considering they've had the Episode 2 demo playable at quite a few events over the past month or so, I wonder if they're going to actually release it any time soon? That is, before the game actually comes out, unlike Episode 1.

Y'know what I'm wondering.

Considering they've had the Episode 2 demo playable at quite a few events over the past month or so, I wonder if they're going to actually release it any time soon? That is, before the game actually comes out, unlike Episode 1.

Demo will likely come out on the game's release date in a month.

Act 3 is up. Not quite as good as Act 2, but I still like it. (Music I mean)

I like how there are some of those floating homing attack platforms in the background. Gives it a sort of strange believability

Edited by MarcelloF

Act 3 is up. Not quite as good as Act 2, but I still like it. (Music I mean)

I like how there are some of those floating homing attack platforms in the background. Gives it a sort of strange believability

I think I like Act 3's music better than Act 2's personally. It gives me an 80's music vibe, and I love 80's music XD This Act definitely plays out better than the first 2 in my opinion, though there are still unnecessary booster and spring placements.

Dat music.

That was... just... beautiful. I have no other words.

Welp, there's a potential TSSMA'12 candidate for me!

So where the hell is everyone watching watching these videos?

EDIT: Oh right, damn.

Edited by The Batman

Man Jasonchrist is just committed to hate every single thing about this game. Anyway I liked the music though I don't know if it fit's the stage.

So the 69 attack can nullify the the damage you'd normally take from spikes too? It's way to powerful.

So the 69 attack can nullify the the damage you'd normally take from spikes too? It's way to powerful.

I noticed that, too. For the most part you can just plow through an whole stage using it and win :-/

I noticed that, too. For the most part you can just plow through an whole stage using it and win :-/

Now instead of boost to win its power roll to win :-/

Boss footage is up.

The boss music is a remix of the Pinch! music from Episode 1. It sounds loads better.

Also, rehash troll moment right there. XD LMFAO! Nice one SEGA!

Loved how Sega made fun of the recycled bosses in Episode 1 with the beginning of that Serpentleaf fight. XD