Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Sylvannia Castle Act 3 music has won me over. Curse you Jun Senoue!!!

SC in generally is great. And I lol'd at the random bubbles chain in Act 2, just made me laugh for some reason.

Act 1 is really the only one with alot of automation, so I could consider that one a tutorial stage of some sorts.

And Episode Metal looks great, especially the cutscenes.

I'm starting to really like this game again. Keep up the good level design Dimps.

...Did I just really say that?

And holy shit that boss!

Sega and thier troll moments. loling.

Edited by Nintendoga

Act 3's music is surprisingly good. I'm pretty excited to hear a cats-free remix of it.

...is that a new sound effect for Tails' tails I hear? It sounds a lot better than the normal WHOOSHWHOOSHWHOOSH.

EDIT: Ugh, that boss music. It's a little better than in Episode I, but it's still a seven-second loop. That's ridiculous.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't really want to spoil the game's later levels, but if majority agree that it gets less automated then that certainly makes me happy.

Sylvania Castle boss... wow. That looked awful.

Is it even trying to hit you?

Edit: Oh, and the music is fucking grating. God, would it have killed Jun to make it longer than two seconds?

Edited by Dissident

You people actually LIKE the remix of Episode 1's pinch boss music? That's cool, but I think it's absolutely terrible. The whole time I was watching that boss video it was digging through my head and left me with an headache by the end.

Anyway, I like the boss, except for the fact that the time stopping effect of Sonic & Tails' combo move makes it too easy to fly higher and attack without getting attacked yourself. Not that it even tries to hit you much anyway. Also, I LOVE that troll moment at the beginning XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it was, but it was incredibly slow and easy.

Music sounds better, but its too short. Needs to be a whole lot longer. I dunno why he just didn't make a new Boss track. Slyvania Castle Act 2 and in particular 3, are fantastic.

Edited by Scar

Well, it is the first boss...

That doesn't mean it has to be ridiculously easy.

That doesn't mean it has to be ridiculously easy.

At least it has somewhat of an excuse........

Edited by Chaos Warp

Alright, I'm downright pissed.

I only got to play Act 1 and the Special Stage and I come back from work to have the game locked out on me. I pop open the application and it says "You should pay for it before playing it!" The heck? My bank account is 15 dollars lighter, thank you very much!!

I'm glad I got to play what I did, but it's still extremely frustrating.

And not there are techies out there who'll likely leak footage everywhere, so my intention of playing the game in a blind playthrough is compromised.

Not cool, guys. Not cool.

GOD,that boss is TERRIBLE!!! Yeah, the bosses in Ep 1 were reashes but atleast they actually harmed you if you remained still. Such a waste of a cool boss design.

There you go guys: Dimps,the only company that somehow manages to find new ways to suck even harder after 5 years of suckage.

Screw you Dimpsangry.png . Oh and the boss music still sucks btw.

Or maybe the player knows what he's doing which is why he doesn't let the boss hit him? Which is why I can typically play most boss fights in Sonic games without the boss even having a chance to hit me.

The boss music is absolutely abysmal, it's absolutely shit. Theres no sense of drama or tension in the music or even a small hint of panic, it's the same note repeated over and over again, I really do hope that is a beta placement because that was beyond terrible.

A boss theme should have a sense of panic as well as a fast pace to it, especially if that boss lives at the end of Sonic games.

Every boss theme from Sonic 1 - Sonic & Knuckles more or less has this in some respect, some of the themes even start almost like an alarm, with an initial tune/beat and then the main theme kicking in which varies and changes.

Pinch doesn't and has never done this. It was one of the worst things about the Sonic 1 boss fights and now it's even worse since it appears to be the actual boss theme.

Big mistake with this decision.

Clearly the development team didn't factor in the exploitable mess that is the team abilities.

Not watching anything beyond Sylvania Castle, but I loooove the way the boss battle starts.

I groaned the moment I saw the Aquatic Ruin boss pillars shot up, so seeing Eggman just smash them to pieces was brilliant. Nice job, DIMPS

Indeed, the first boss looks terrible. No challenge whatsoever!

And the music is mediocre at best, with a cringe-worthy soundfont. The boss theme is just plain terrible.

Oh, and the tag moves are game breaking. Good grief.

And the level design looks... Well, it's not terrible, but the game in general looks kinda meh. I've been spoiled severely by Trine 2, so the visuals hardly impress either.

EDIT: So we can't post links to videos? Awwww

EDIT2: Okay guys I got it...you can stop quoting the video now...

Edited by Nintendoga

HEY HEY HEY, Guess who has some Sky Fortress footage!

He only got some footage of the last half of the game before being locked out.

Hey, don't post that here, you're not allowed. See Sean's latest status update.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Or maybe the player knows what he's doing which is why he doesn't let the boss hit him? Which is why I can typically play most boss fights in Sonic games without the boss even having a chance to hit me.

Dude. The Patheticmobile from Sonic 2 posed more of a threat. The arms don't even hurt unless they specifically try to attack, which they barely even do.

Hey, don't post that here, you're not allowed. See Sean's latest status update.

You should probably edit it out of your own post as well since you kind of quoted it =P

You should probably edit it out of your own post as well since you kind of quoted it =P

Good point *edits post*.

AAAAAANNND...There goes all the happiness. About 4 hours of joy and now we are going back to hating dimps and calling the music crap. Well it was fun while it lasted. But yeah, boss is crap but sega is getting the hang of trollin.