Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I wish Sega would stop being stupid with their marketing and release a video of one act or even half an act of a zone showing the better/worst level design/physics so everybody would shut up.

Spring 2012 can't come fast enough.

I wish Sega would stop being stupid with their marketing and release a video of one act or even half an act of a zone showing the better/worst level design/physics so everybody would shut up.

Spring 2012 can't come fast enough.

It will be a date that will live in infamy, I can assure you.

]

STOP COMPLAINING!

........Fanbase!

Do you realize how much this spoils and ruins the game? HOW MUCH?

Not as much as the poor design choices do.

Besides if it wasn't for the complaints last time we'd be stuck with those stupid minecart and pinball levels and no way to play the game level to level like in the classics.

It will be a date that will live in infamy, I can assure you.

Not if what you're saying is true and SEGA purposely went out of their way to make the game look awful.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I highly doubt other Sonic 4 skeptics like me get boners by complaining about games they secretly love. If it's a good game, we'll gladly retract our complaints. In fact, we all want it to happen. We just see no reason to believe it will.

I am so late to this I feel like Inferno.

So ken doesn't know if Sonic just falls downs after releasing the D-pad, and once again the game would break because the development team rather than get the physics right them building a the stages around them decided to work on levels first and physics later.

They do want me to buy this game right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not if what you're saying is true and SEGA purposely went out of their way to make the game look awful.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I highly doubt other Sonic 4 skeptics like me get boners by complaining about games they secretly love. If it's a good game, we'll gladly retract our complaints. In fact, we all want it to happen. We just see no reason to believe it will.

A shitty trailer is a shitty trailer, though I'm not sold for a second that the trailer gave a good representation of the actual game.

And as for complaining, well I didn't mean it like that, it just looks like Episode II is looking to be one if those games that will have the fanbase on opposing sides debating it's quality and/or success when it finally arrives.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Sega only showed barely a fraction of the game.

By that decree, no one should be praising it either because we've seen so little of it, how can we know whether it's good or bad?

The trailer showed us a certain amount of gameplay, thus we're analysing it and making judgements based not only on the trailer, but Episode I as well.

You could make a trailer of the first 3 levels of ANY of the classic games showing only a bunch of running and spring-hitting and get the same impression.

If this was Episode I or a completely new game all together, I'd agree with you. I had hope for Episode I to be good,and no it wasn't a terrible abomination, it was a really bad homage to the classic games that was basically worse than them in every way besides the visuals (Some might even say the graphics were worse too, but I digress). This is Episode II, SEGA are hyping that this version of the game has better physics, level design, Tails, etc.However, all gameplay footage shows very little changes to the level design from Episode I, physics analysists who have an eye for this kinda stuff aren't noticing much change in the physics, and SEGA aren't making any sort of effort to show changes to the engine outside of "Look! Sonic uncurls now!". In fact, Ken amongst SEGA's other PR are doing a mighty fine job of letting us know that the physics have NOT been changed significantly. Straight from the horse's mouth, there are no notable changes.

Why should we believe otherwise?

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my GOD, the DEATH EGG!!

Oh and Metal Sonic's on a rocket, but OMG THE DEATH EGG biggrin.png

I think that might be the "Sky Fortress" mentioned in the Achievements.

I came by to see if things have lightened up.

Good Lord.

Indy, I need you here to balance my anger with your happiness! It's like Yang without Yin when you're gone; I'm just a flaming ball of anger. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just gonna put it out there, I didn't find Episode I to be some horrible abortion. It was extremely disappointing and stupidly marketed, yeah. It's a lazy and sloppy experience and by no means a proper sequel to the originals, yeah, but on its own its pretty solid. I'm sure that Episode II is going to be pretty decent too, not a proper successor, but a solid, average, 5 or 6 out of 10 game. However, what baffles me is how completely retarded SEGA are with how their handling this project. Episode I was largely hated by the fanbase, primarily due to the physics engine and level design. SEGA just released Sonic Generations which has 2D section with good, albeit not perfect physics, that need very little tweaking to be close to accurate to the classics. Why couldn't they have modeled Episode II off of this?

Not only that, they have just acquired a near perfect replication of the original games' physics through Taxman's Retro Engine used to power the Sonic CD port/remake. NOT ONLY THAT, but Taxman also was in the works of designing levels for the port, to which SEGA immediately shut down. Now why couldn't Taxman, a person obviously skilled in game coding and design, have had some sort of help in making Episode II? Hell, why couldn't they have just used his engine to help Dimps with? SEGA and Dimps have practically been handed good level designers and coders by the handful, yet they still continue to use Dimps' shitty Sonic 4 engine and level design qualities.

That, is what is so disappointing about this. Maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself based off of next to no footage, but from what we've seen and heard the physics have not been changed in a noticable way, even when SEGA have plenty of solid, workable engines that would significantly improve Episode II and future episodes. That sucks, and is why everyone is upset.

• Thumbs Up 6

The 3DS was just confirmed to have a 2GB file limit.

Episode 2 can easily fit, come on SEGA.

That would be Awesome! E2 on the go!

But like someone said, "Sonic 4" should be grand and epic on the 2D front. Every Sonic game from the Genesis era progressed directly from the last one. Like How Spin Dash and Tails was carried on from Sonic 2 to 3. Or how the spikes physics got corrected from Sonic 1 in Sonic 2. Sonic 4 doesn't have any of the elemental shields from S3&K, no new different kind of bonus stages, or even the insta-shield. By no means I want a S3&K clone, I just want something that is better than it. Every Sonic fan deserves better. E2 is showing more promise than E1, but when people are still complaining about the physics, it doesn't give me much confidence. I still am giving the benefit of the doubt that they can correct the most important issues before release.

neverchange.jpg

Ha, found this hilarious picture in the status feed.

Keep in mind, I do not hate Sonic 4. Just getting that out so people don't get the wrong message that I'm trolling or something. I actually find this image to be funny and it should lighten up both haters and nonhaters.

Edited by Autosaver

Indigo, I think the only thing I disagree with you on is that Sonic 06 is a polished turd, because its actually quite unpolished. Other than that, you basically covered everything I've been thinking for the past several days.

Sonic 4 Episode II isn't what it should be or what we wanted it be, but that doesn't make it a bad Sonic game. Granted, there's a lot we don't know about it still; but its a title that I can proudly show to people who aren't familiar with Sonic.

Indigo, if there was a device in which I could make out with you through the internet, I'd give everything to do so.

Everything.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57371948-1/kissinger-smooching-robot-for-virtual-make-out-sessions/?tag=mncol;txt

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad we have people like Endri and Indigo Rush to calm us bunch of Retards down.

I hope we can get someone out there to an expo or event soon so we can get a final awnser as to how this game will play.

B+_1950f64f327cd54453c7f7ab00281ef1.gif

FINALLY, SOME SENSE IN THIS S4 FIASCO!

Indigo. My bedroom. Now.

On another note, I'm sorry if I'm late to the party, but Ken snapped? The loveable and down to earth, try as he might, Ken Balough legitimately snapped?

• Thumbs Up 6

I know what the fuck I'm talking about. *Damn Good Rant*

One of the few posts here that I think is worthy of the Popular Post.

Like I said couple of months ago, It really depends how you're looking at Sonic 4. If you're looking at it as a new standalone 2D Sonic game that's taking a few elements from he classics, it looks damn good.

But if you're looking at it as the next game in the series that should expand from everything Sonic 3 was and act just like it, then your mileage will vary.

It's kinda reminds me of NSMB when it first came out. Tons of people loved it as a homage to the classic Mario games, while others liked it, but thought it was horrible in comparison to Super Mario World.

I don't know about others, but I look at Sonic4 as a homage/new game. The first Episode was a bad homage, taking things straight from the classics instead of borrowing a few elements while adding it's own things to make it seem original on it's own, ala NSMB, though it wasn't necessarily shit. I do however expect Episode 2 to be a good new homage, and from the screens/trailer, it looks like it will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad we have people like Endri and Indigo Rush to calm us bunch of Retards down.

I hope we can get someone out there to an expo or event soon so we can get a final awnser as to how this game will play.

What? Did I miss something?

As for Indigo, I won't quote his post because it's too long and it may annoy some users, but I'm going to say that I agree with you :), specially in the parts of the image macros and from what Sega survived (if it's the correct term to use in this situation)

Endri posted that, and you've been ninja'd by Azukara btw.

@Vex: Look above at either IR or Azukara's post. Endri did the equivalent of what IR did.

Edited by goku262002

Endri posted that, and you've been ninja'd by Azukara btw.

Yes. I was quoting it so people would know what I'm talking about. :D