Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

..well that's good to hear. I look forward to seeing how much the physics have changed, and I'm happy to hear that evidently it does not feel too much like Episode I. I guess we'll see for sure in the future, but it's nice to read some honest words from a non-PR, non-SEGA affiliated person who apparently has played the damn thing.

On another note, I'm sorry if I'm late to the party, but Ken snapped? The loveable and down to earth, try as he might, Ken Balough legitimately snapped?

Well, let me be clear: he didn't exactly snap, but it was apparent that he was getting frustrated at the onslaught of sarcastic and ill-willed criticism he was getting from the fans. And it's not fair that they're treating him like that, nor do I find it fair that people continue to insult him about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, let me be clear: he didn't exactly snap, but it was apparent that he was getting frustrated at the onslaught of sarcastic and ill-willed criticism he was getting from the fans. And it's not fair that they're treating him like that, nor do I find it fair that people continue to insult him about it.

While I agree that it is unfair, it should be obvious that when you are at the face of a company you will be blamed for the company's action. It's something that all representatives have to deal with.

Edited by TheCongressman1

On another note, I'm sorry if I'm late to the party, but Ken snapped? The loveable and down to earth, try as he might, Ken Balough legitimately snapped?

He didn't really "snap", as far as I know, he just make some snarky replies in the SEGA Forums. While I do think it's highly unprofessional, I don't find it as big a deal as other people are making it out to be.

Edited by Ekaje

This post is obnoxious. Cut it out. Complaining about complaining is still complaining.

But now, are we not complaining about Motwera's complaining about our complaining?

We're so freaking complex... Complainception!

And yeah, I saw the thread. I can't even imagine being the figurehead and target of all that rage...

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally. After days of shaking my head at people's reactions and discussions about Episode 2, after days of trying to ignore the game because it would just bring up negative things, after days of nonsensical bashing everywhere, I can FINALLY post here again and talk about episode 2. God, why did it take so long for there to be a SENSICAL post ?

Seriously, guys. Everyone's hating on Episode 2 like it murdered your parents. It looks leagues above Sonic 4 (beside a few hiccups), we didn't see any long enough footage of it to make a decent opinion (good: better physics and graphics and ideas. bad: springs everywhere at some points, and total-loss-of-momentum-when-not-going-forward) (even then the game is still in beta form), it's a downloadable game (that promised things and didn't keep it, sure, so what, it's a spin-off with an episode once every two years), and most of all, we already know what is a game that COULD have murdered our parents (Sonic The Disaster) and Sonic 4 is SEVERAL REALITIES above of it.

Seriously guys, can't we just sit down and wait for actual info beside "hey here's 100 videos of gameplay footage, each lasts half a second lol" and "MAYBE the momentum issue hasn't been fixed yet". -_-

Not to be rude or anything, but did you read the post quoted at the top of the page?

If it was tl;dr, then I will elaborate:

From a source who has played the game himself (and highly disliked Episode 1), it has been said that Episode 2 does indeed have a highly improved physics engine that doesn't play much like E1 at all. He doesn't stick to walls, he doesn't uncurl, and rolling accelerates pretty properly even if running is still more effective in the end. It is not confirmed if he has removed insta-acceleration or not, but by the way everything is being described (plus the fact that he said he'd buy multiple copies of the game), it is safe to assume that is the case.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5

Not to be rude or anything, but did you read the post quoted at the top of the page?

If it was tl;dr, then I will elaborate:

From a source who has played the game himself (and highly disliked Episode 1), it has been said that Episode 2 does indeed have a highly improved physics engine that doesn't play much like E1 at all. He doesn't stick to walls, he doesn't uncurl, and rolling accelerates pretty properly even if running is still more effective in the end. It is not confirmed if he has removed insta-acceleration or not, but by the way everything is being described (plus the fact that he said he'd buy multiple copies of the game), it is safe to assume that is the case.

I did it just now ^_^. After posting.

Well, what can I say? That sounds a bit reassuring, but I still think for a company like this, having 2 freaking years, they could fix everything. Is it really that hard to develop an engine with momentum-based physics with working rolling??? FANS can do that!!! Why not professionals?

...I vote Indy for our next President!!! That rant makes so much sense and I definitely feel the same way.

I'm going to play Episode 2 for what it's worth, it looks like a very fun 2D Sonic game IMO.

Edited by KrazyBean14

I believe what Endri is saying about E2, I just hope that even if rolling isn't as viable as running alone, that you can still achieve faster speeds down inclines when rolling than you can when running.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not the Death Egg, it's Little Planet. Though it's under some kind of construction. Looks like Robotnik's up to his CD scheme again of pinning the Little Planet down.

It's both.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe what Endri is saying about E2, I just hope that even if rolling isn't as viable as running alone, that you can still achieve faster speeds down inclines when rolling than you can when running.

This.

This is what rolling is for in the first place. Otherwise there is no point in using it no matter if it functions right or if it's broken like in Ep1.

P.S. Dunno if anyone already oticed that.

DRILL! xD.

s4ep2reunitedmultiuks4e.jpg

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

So...

98uc91.jpg

Ability to switch to Tails confirmed?

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ripped from the official website via means of Print Screening. Also posted in the website topic (part two: White Park):

White Park Act 1:

s4epzone2act11.pngs4epzone2act12.pngs4epzone2act13.pngs4epzone2act14.png

White Park Act 2:

s4epzone2act21.pngs4epzone2act22.pngs4epzone2act23.pngs4epzone2act24.png

White Park Act 3:

s4epzone2act31.pngWait... Is that fucking seal eating the AIR BUBBLES!? What a bitch!!!

s4epzone2act32.pngs4epzone2act33.pngs4epzone2act34.png

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 9

This. looks. so. awesome.

I don't know if it's going to be a good Sonic 4, I really don't, but it will be certainly a good Sonic title for itself! Can't wait! :D

The Tails sign could be for if player two passes the goal first.

How is this possible? Sonic's the fastest thing alive, not PLAYER 2.

Luigi.jpg

Luigi is playable.

Edited by Winston

So no new pics of that desert oil plant level? sad.png

It wasn't even supposed to have been revealed yet, nor was the Special Stage. Microsoft just messed thing sup for SEGA.

s4e2eggflowerboss.png

Seems to be behind you rather than circle, and much bigger than I imagined. Also, is that blue and yellow bar below the health for Metal Sonic and Eggman?

Nah I think that's something to do with Sonic and Tails, given the bars' colours and positioning (next to life icons).

s4epzone1act24.png

A little thing, but loving the more rustic look to the springs.

And:

s4epzone2act13.png

Snowy man, woah, calm yourself! I didn't think he looked all that intimidating in the trailer, but does right there.

Edited by Lungo