Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Sega fucking seriously...get people who can play your fucking games correctly.

You might as well hire some Sonic fans from here to promote the game...I'm sure we all would a much better fucking job.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sega fucking seriously...get people who can play your fucking games correctly.

You might as well hire some Sonic fans from here to promote the game...I'm sure we all would a much better fucking job.

I totally agree, I felt a little embarrassed for the guy. How could you work for a company like that and not know how to play the game decently? Lol

That has nothing to do with it. That guy was a completed shit player...don't get started on the bullshit.

He could have played any Sonic game and it still play just as terrible.

I don't know which video you mean exactly, but i'm pretty sure i've seen 2 videos allready of guys drowning under water because they didnt airdash to the right, not forgetting the segment where he was forced to home on a spring. So my question is, what bullshit do you mean exactly? Edited by Djawed

I don't know which video you mean exactly, but i'm sure i've seen 2 videos allready of guys drowning under water because they didnt airdash to the right wink.png So my question is, what bullshit do you mean exactly?

First let me get something straight...I'm not exactly "happy" with what I have seen thus far myself. So if you think I'm defending DIMPS with there constant retardation of physics...then no. I still want to see a proper dissection of the physics before I even consider playing the trail..or actually pay any fucking attention to the game. I'm still "Whatever" about it. Pretty graphics are a norm now so that not good enough to get my attention.

But shit player is shit player. Any one of us could have played the water part and eased through...why?

Because if we know we are running out of air we stay and find air bubbles to continue. The fact that he WASN'T playing the game like the classics is the issue.

Its common Sonic-Sense to people who are familiar with the franchise. Perfect example of the bullshit reviews like to criticize due to their ineptness..."Hur dur...nobody told me to get air bubbles...game is shit..." and why all games now a days need to hold your hand to do absolutely everything because any game having any sort of a learning curve is a bad thing.

On that note...that game is indeed much better than the first in a lot of areas, but there is a lot that still need to be proven.

Edited by Voy-Boy

New art from the gameplay video.

94021638.jpg

Cheer up Sonic, I still like the look of Episode 2 so far, theres no need to cry about what people are saying.

Normally I don't really care too much about stuff like this... but who on earth is designing Sonic's facial expressions these days? That looks awful, it looks tails is some sort of bird of prey and he's captured Sonic and plans to eat him whilst Sonic is trying not to cry over his impending dinner date with destiny.

Oh look, theres a 'little planet' above Sonic & Tails.

Edit; And why in this day and age is it so hard for people to understand the concept of Jump + Right in order to get onto a higher platform?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

They didn't seem that shit to me to tbh. It seemed rather they didn't know what to do at situation where they would have to use any of the new features, but fair enough man

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

Owww might have spotted something a little new.

94021638.jpg

Assuming all of those things are Sonic 4 assets, in the facebook section, what is that thing between Metal Sonic and the rings?

They didn't seem that shit to me to tbh. It seemed rather they didn't know what to do at situation where they would have to use any of the new features, but fair enough man

Totally understand what your saying, but there is a basic premise of platforming ability that naturally we all as fans have. This isn't the only time we have been shown game footage of deps playing horribly. And if there is new features...get someone who knows about to it.

New features are always (Most of the time) going to be in squeals...the guy fucking up the airdash is the same as dep getting the shields in Sonic 3 and not knowing what to do with it yet they intend to show off the game to the public.

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

If I may complain about something that isn't gameplay related: I don't like Facebook being plastered on the title screen. Bugger off.

Assuming all of those things are Sonic 4 assets, in the facebook section, what is that thing between Metal Sonic and the rings?

Chaos Emeralds maybe... They look a little odd though.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I may complain about something that isn't gameplay related: I don't like Facebook being plastered on the title screen. Bugger off.

That's just the advertisement splash screen that appears at the end of the demo.

I'm with Indigo here incidentally. I am loving what I'm seeing.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's just the advertisement splash screen that appears at the end of the demo.

Ah yeah. Brain farted there. I'd forgotten what it was for some reason.

That has nothing to do with it. That guy was a complete shit player...don't get started on the bullshit.

He could have played any Sonic game and it still play just as terrible.

I don't know about shit, but one thing that always grinds my gears is how people don't figure out they need to hold the jump button to go higher. Even when they manage to do it once, they seem to forget or something and return to gaining little height again.

It's amazing the stuff that happens when you're gone for a day. After viewing the two pieces of footage, here's what I have to say about them.

The platforming looks pretty much around the same as Episode I without (for the most part) Dimps’s level design-which isn't a plus. I hope Dimps took some notes from the classic levels they ported to Generations 3DS, and if they did I hope they are putting them to good use in later levels. I personally still can’t quite determine whther the physics are improved, all I can tell is that rolling is somewhat improved, other than that, it still unfortunately looks pretty much the same. Kinda frustrating considering that the physics in Generations 3DS ended being a lot closer to the classic physics than the physics in Episode I (and to an extent, the physics in Generations HD) were. Not-so-glad to see that they brought back the Episode I animations (running, “looking up,” etc.); and is it just me, or does Sonic’s transition from his Episode I jogging animation to his new wheel-of-feet animation seem REALLY awkward? Actually, all of his Episode I walking/jogging animations that they ported here all seem….off. And from the looks of it, my fears about the the co-op mechanics look like they have pretty much been confirmed-they will be pretty much end up being mandatory to use in some areas of the level design, much like the Homing Attack ALMOST was in Episode I.

Episode II looks like it’ll be a good-to-decent Sonic game in general (much better than Episode I in comparison), and it can even work as a good modern Sonic game. In terms of it being a classic game, it’s even less “classic” than Episode I in my opinion. From the looks of it, it looks like they just threw out the majority of the classic fans’s feedback and requests (including the positive feedback in terms of critical reception and sales they got from Generations HD and the Sonic CD remake; adding insult to injury) in favor of giving Episode II of a graphical makeover as well as redirecting Sonic 4′s (target) demographic-the classic fanbase-to the non-classic/all-around fans who liked Episode I.

Edited by Zinos

The only thing that bugs me is the automated section with all the bouncing and speedboosters, but the rest looks pretty good to me.

^ Except you really wouldn't need to cut and paste so much to see more automated moments in Episode 1. You could just watch a standard playthrough for the majority...

Also, check out that rolling. I know it's not what the video's about, but it really shows how fun it was in the classics.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 6

They did say their was no uncurling did they?

If they did, good step in the right direction, that was my absolute main beef with Episode 1 and Generations. Rolling momemtum I don't excatly care too much about, but if they can get that fix it be most cool.

I normally play Sonic games without noticing flaws and I don't care what's done wrong, but this time I'm interested to see if Sega REALLY DID listen to what folks have been whining about all this time. Nothing to do now but wait for more vids and info.

They did say their was no uncurling did they?

If they did, good step in the right direction, that was my absolute main beef with Episode 1 and Generations. Rolling momemtum I don't excatly care too much about, but if they can get that fix it be most cool.

I normally play Sonic games without noticing flaws and I don't care what's done wrong, but this time I'm interested to see if Sega REALLY DID listen to what folks have been whining about all this time. Nothing to do now but wait for more vids and info.

I wonder how many ep2 haters here are grinding their teeth at their desperate need to say "those are all from first/second levels!", before realising that'd just make them hypocrites.