Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Preview, interview with Ken Balough and direct feed gameplay at OXM US:

http://www.oxmonline...s-preview-video

The game is set shortly after the events of Sonic CD

:I

It's okay Indigo... they don't know any better... it's okay... just go downstairs and get some espresso...

Oh, thanks for sharing, btw Shadz! biggrin.png

EDIT: Nope. no music. Ffff.

EDIT 2: Ken Balough just... uhm.

Okay, so OXM says in the article that it takes place right after CD, and Ken Balough in the video says that, well, it doesn't. Whaaaa-

Edited by Indigo Rush

Is there music on that vid? Trust that it'd be posted while I'm at a PC with no sound.

Nope, no music. Seems to be just sound effects.

Also, 3 new zones and 1 returning one? I'm not sure if that's been mentioned before but it's news to me! My money's on Hidden Palace.

Also, 3 new zones and 1 returning one? I'm not sure if that's been mentioned before but it's news to me! My money's on Hidden Palace.

Probably Sky Fortress.

Sylvania Castle Zone which is a medieval castle in the middle of a forest, White Park Zone which is a run-down carnival next to a glacier, Unnamed Desert Zone is an oil rig in the middle of a desert, and finally Sky Fortress Zone, which is probably a throwback to Sonic 2's Wing Fortress and Sky Chase.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Is there music on that vid? Trust that it'd be posted while I'm at a PC with no sound.

Just sound effects with their own choice of music playing over it unfortunately.

Probably Sky Fortress.

Sylvania Castle Zone which is a medieval castle in the middle of a forest, White Park Zone which is a run-down carnival next to a glacier, Unnamed Desert Zone is an oil rig in the middle of a desert, and finally Sky Fortress Zone, which is probably a throwback to Sonic 2's Wing Fortress and Sky Chase.

Yeah, that seems to make a lot more sense actually. Hopefully they try and spice things up a bit compared to the plain old 'fly through the air avoiding the turtles' formula from Sky Chase. A Wing Fortress send-up should be interesting though!

Sky Chase Wing Fortress is the returning stage without a doubt, which is kind of a let down because Sylvania Castle is already Aquatic Marble Ruin Garden Zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually I think its Launch Base....Ken said it was from Sonic 3 And Knuckles not Sonic 2.

Actually I think its Launch Base....Ken said it was from Sonic 3 And Knuckles not Sonic 2.

In the other video I posted yeserday he said it was from Sonic 1, 2, 3 or Knuckles. Does he specifically say it's from 3K this time?

Huh? No he doesn't. He said it's coming somewhere from the Classic Trilogy and definitely lists off Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, along with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking Stardust Speedway..

Assuming they actually go to Little Planet it's a possibility for the final stage. But there's already one fight with Metal in an amusement park in this game as it it. Didn't Ken say though that there were three new stages and one returning though? That would mean it has to Sky Fortress, cause we've seen the other three (and likely he would have said there were five stages total if he was including the final one).

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Sky Fortress could be the Final Zone. The throwback stage being level 4.

Sky Fortress is split into acts, and listings for the game say there will only be 17 levels. 3 acts + 1 boss * 4 zones + 1 final level = 17.

Its sad because he's kind of right.

Sonic may be moving forward in the peoples eyes, bu I think the fanbase at this point is irredeemable.

Sonic may be moving forward in the peoples eyes, bu I think the fanbase at this point is irredeemable.

Maybe not because they're 'dumb', but rather have been reduced to self-aware slackers with an inferiority complex?

• Thumbs Up 1

So, which old level do you think Sonic 4: Episode 2 will use again? I'm betting on Death Egg Zone just because it seems to fit the most.

Edit: Getting that from the OXM interview, which is media.

Edited by VEDJ-F

So, which old level do you think Sonic 4: Episode 2 will use again? I'm betting on Death Egg Zone just because it seems to fit the most.

Edit: Getting that from the OXM interview, which is media.

It's looking like

Sky Fortress

will be the throwback as it's mentioned in the achievements as having more than one act. I thought this might be a two-part final boss zone at first, but the game is confirmed to have only 17 acts and not 18.

Did they just beat Sega to the release date announcement?

Thanks a lot Neon! biggrin.png

I think they did seeing that 16th of May is a Wednesday (when XBLA updates) so I better save some money for MS Points :D I hope it is the 16th though and it isn't a random date =]