Agent York

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

I'm loving everything I'm hearing in that interview right now.

EDIT: Possibilities of a Sonic 5?!

oh+my.jpg

Meh, Sonic 5 doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as 1,2,3 or 4. I'd rather they call it Sonic Classic or something (especially if they get physics and level design 100 percent right), and then they can just make Sonic Classic 2, 3, etc.

Bet you it's Wing Fortress Zone, Labyrinth Zone, or Death Egg Zone.

I hope to god it's Death Egg Zone.

Labyrinth Zone's been used in Episode one though.

Labyrinth Zone's been used in Episode one though.

Yeah, but he did say it would contribute to the story, and from Ep.2's site, Labrynth/Lost Labrynth had something Eggy was looking for. Unless they somehow pull a train out of their ass and bring back Hidden Palace Zone or something, though I still hope it's Death Egg Zone.

Seriously though, the inside of the Death Egg with these graphics alone just makes me grin ear to ear.

Sky Chase Wing Fortress must be the returning Zone, seeing as he mentions four zones instead of five (meaning it can't be the final one). We've seen the other three zones, and none of them are returning from old games.

Nope, he's mini-boss for White Park Act 2 and Sky Fortress Act 2. Whether the other two zones will have mini-bosses as well is unknown though.

Was this confirmed, or is it fan speculation based on screenshots? It'd be cool for Metal to function as a reoccurring mini-boss throughout the game ala Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Something Sonic CD lacked was any sense of animosity towards Metal. In the original games you fought Eggman throughout and then the final battle with him at the end, Sonic CD just kinda lumped him in at the end.

Was this confirmed, or is it fan speculation based on screenshots? It'd be cool for Metal to function as a reoccurring mini-boss throughout the game ala Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Something Sonic CD lacked was any sense of animosity towards Metal. In the original games you fought Eggman throughout and then the final battle with him at the end, Sonic CD just kinda lumped him in at the end.

Well it's pretty much confirmed by the screenshots, gameplay trailer, and achievements. You do fight Metal in White Park and Sky Fortress in both act 2's. And since Eggman once again has his own boss act, they are "technically" mini-bosses. Though if you fight him in Sylvannia Castle and the third zone is unknown.

Edited by Nintendoga

Well it's pretty much confirmed by the screenshots, gameplay trailer, and achievements. You do fight Metal in White Park and Sky Fortress in both act 2's. And since Eggman once again has his own boss act, they are "technically" mini-bosses. Though if you fight him in Sylvannia Castle and the third zone is unknown.

The time on the White Park screenshots make it seem like its not a miniboss. If its part of an act then its a really short act.

239dc5b2c1b6102be31fa758c5bb77e5fa8a144e.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

Edited by Spooky Mulder

I guess, I dunno. You do fight him in Sky Fortress, but I dunno about White Park. Maybe he's the Knuckles equivilant of Sonic 4, dicking around while you're trying to finish the stage or something. Or maybe the act is just short because of the fight? Or maybe both.

Eh who cares, as long as Metal Sonic interacts with us this time around, that's all I really care about.

Metal Sonic kidnapped Amy Rose in Collison Chaos. So I think Sonic hated Metal Sonic straight away.

Sonic left Metal Sonic for dead without a backwards glance at the end of Stardust Speedway.

A mid zone boss like in S3&K yes please.

As for Sonic 5 we might get that in 2020.

According to the achievements you fight him in Act 1. Perhaps you fight him in the air then, given the likelihood that part of Sky Fortress will be a Sky Chase homage.

Allow me to further drive this point home....with a little bit of Photoshop.

lol-5.gif

No, it doesn't.

Sonic has no points so he could very well be the boss.

tumblr_lwdfquOF0e1qk26dzo1_500-1.gif

LOL!. Guys the above pictures were brilliant!

Poor Tails, when he arrived in Collison Chaos Zone 1 (Sonic CD 2011), there was no Amy or Metal Sonic. Tails thought 'fuck this I'm outta here'!

Edited by MilesKnightwing

The time on the White Park screenshots make it seem like its not a miniboss. If its part of an act then its a really short act.

239dc5b2c1b6102be31fa758c5bb77e5fa8a144e.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

That make sense. It could be like the Act 3 of Sonic CD, where it is more of a walkway to the boss.

Also, I just noticed something:

Rings = 69 XP

They're very different:

Oilocean.pngscreenlg9_20936.nphd.jpg

Color scheme, the kind of backdrops and objects, the presence (or absence) of oil rigs and the fact that the unnamed zone takes place in a desert (the sand is RIGHT THERE) should be enough to set it apart. Oil Ocean is a polluted oil rig in the water, the one in Sonic 4 is in the desert with pollution in the smoggy atmosphere.

Well shit, I was just making a similrity. Now you made me feel all stupid.